How are your foreign languages coming along, Sup Forums?

How are your foreign languages coming along, Sup Forums?

kampai bitches

things happened, and you

Esperanto is bretty easy.
I know more Esperanto now than German. I took German for 4 years and Esperanto for three weeks.

Not good i am a lazy fuck with no discipline how about u

Tried learning Jap, managed to learn about one quarter of hiragana and then gave up

Why am I such a failure Sup Forums

Slavic genes desu.

>learning a meme language
Learn german so you can impress those cute grills in your pic

They're Finns

i thought they were svenska

oh nevermind, those were the eloveena-grills t.

Any language that isn't English is a meme.

I'm on a retarded kindle so I can't study shit. God damn I can't fucking wait till I get paid. First thing I'm doing is getting a computer from Aaron's. I'm doing that shit before I even fucking pay rent, fuck this stupid goddamn kindle piece of shit.

Pretty good, but I've stagnated because I'm a baby back bitch who doesn't want to practice speaking with natives

so...Germans. That's exactly what I said retard

spanish
bad, ive essentially given up

>american ability to read
did you shart in the middle of the next post or what happened?

Europeans are really dumb. Learn about the area you live in please

Did Nama-sensei ever come back to us or is he still fighting with Google?

>german memes
fuck off

Been practicing my French once a week for 4 hours. It's been alright desu

Meu português não é tão bom mas eu já posso falar com meus amigos brasileiros só em esse idoma.

Men min svenska är inte bra.

Learned Frog in 4 months
Learning spoken japanese now

I've been trying to learn Portuguese too, only started recently.

I'm pretty bad at learning languages so I expect it to be a slow progress and I can't really articulate many thoughts yet, but I can sometimes decipher simple sentences so that's fun.

How did you do it? It seems like I have no time to do it. But it is easy as fuck though.

Mandarin is way easier than I expected it to be.

I'm still not good at it but I'm learning it in a way that focuses on listening comprehension, and tones pretty much haven't been a problem at all. They make it a bit harder to remember words outside of context, but I think they make it easier to recognize words in context.

Jeg snakker dansk! [spoiler]Only very little though.[/spoiler]

Japanese is tricky as hell but fun to learn, and I love coming across similarities between it and English. sometime in the future I'd like to make an English lyric translation blog or something

That's good to hear, I really want to learn Mandarin but I'm on the fence about starting

>computer from Aaron's
why?

Feels like I've hit the wall with Spanish, I'm breaking into the intermediate level where things get difficult.

Going over to Spain, not looking forward to having to embarrass myself in front of Spaniards for hours on end.

I've been """"""""learning"""""""" Japanese since middle school, but want to actually get serious about it. I download Shokugeki no Souma raw and am going to try reading it to start out with.

If I ever complete Japanese, I'll try learning French since I want to claim my citizenship there sometime soon. (Dad was French.) Don't need to actually know the language to claim my citizenship though, lel.

lucky guy..........
I wish I could get out of this hellhole

mi kama sona pona mute e toki mi. taso mi pilin e ni: toki mi li toki pi ma ante ala.

estoy aprendiendo espanol. todavia es terrible pero puedo placticar un poco con la gente. ahora estoy en mexico y me siento estupido al hablar pero la unica manera de mejorar en este momento es hablar.

sorry to any spanish speaking bros if i butchered your language.

Pretty poorly. Been busy getting back into classes and there are pretty much zero people in my area who speak it.

한국어 공부고 있어요. 내 2차 년 수업 곧 시작지만 나는 쓰레기 아직이에요.
I feel like I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing when I write in this language. God help me.

Is is effective to learn two languages at once? I've been learning German for a month or so and I'm doing pretty well so far (minus saying Dutch things instead of German because I picked up and dropped Dutch from living in the Netherlands for a small part of my childhood), and I'm wondering if I can start Spanish without it messing me up like how Dutch is messing me up with German. Should I start whenever, when I'm toddler-level in German or when I'm fluent?

나는 지금까지 ~8달동안 한국어를 혼자 공부하는 것 있어. 너 지금 이거를 읽고 있는데 기분 어때?

Saluton~ Kial vi elektis lerni esperanton?

Te puedo entender. Mi español no es perfecto tampoco pero sé que tu vas a lograr fluidez si sigues practicando y platicando con la gente ahí, buena suerte

Learning Norwegian right now, is my dream to move to Norway eventually.

Meine Deutsch ist sehr schlecht et mon français es inexistent by now

Im focusing on german because fuck it

Your grammar is perfect but for some reason it feels artificial as fuck

It's because it was 3 declarative sentences in a row, with no commas. That's my guess for why, anyway.

Nah, maybe its the type of vocabulary used and the poor placement of words, try reading some mexican literature, Octavio Paz might help

Ahora estoy leyendo 'dias y noches de amor y de guerra' :3

¿cuales obras de Paz me recomiendas?

Ich lerne Deutsch seit 1 Jahr. Jetzt kann ich teilweise Serien und Fernseher auf Deutsch verstehen und mich kommunizieren. Ich werde noch 6 Monaten in Deutschland die Sprache lernen und dann dort studieren.

Tbh i dont like latinamerican literature but reading native speaking texts helps grammar and vocabulary, i auggest "cien años de soledad" if i remember correctly its a novel of how mexicans have lived trough all the phases and epochs in mexico

*ohne mich

I heard that Mandarin grammar gets super difficult later on. It sort of lulls you into a false sense of ease and then intermediate grammar hits and thats when people give up and be forever conversational.

America is meme, try speaking your "Ingliš" in Russia.

Czech are Germans.

muh liberal tears

No more than we are Germans.

No, you're Hungarians in denial

Stop this fucking meme. So you are Portuguese in denial, because obviously the nationality that historically opressed you is you.

stop pushing yourself into the conversation

Has anyone here spoken a conlang irl? Other than Esperanto?

What makes Arabic so time consuming (fsi)?

Also anyone here learned arabic, what was your experience?

Content-free bump

Very bad since my opportunities to practice persian irl are very small and I will be not able to continue my classes this year.

no they're actually finns. Elovena is finnish company

These languages are immensely time consuming and difficult to learn for Europeans. Additionally the entire arab speaking world produces less written media per year than Spain by itself. Why bother unless you need them for work or something?

They want to speak to their relatives.

Spaniards are friendly with those who are learning the language and will forgive your mistakes as long as they understand you (they will try to understand you btw). Vocabulary and pronunciation are more important than grammar, as an anglo speaker you will never pronounce spanish correctly but please try, specially for vowels. Do this and be respectful and you will be fine. Some people (maybe a lot) will laugh or cuckle when they listen to you but they laugh with you, not at you, as long as you're not autistic.

Also don't go to Barcelona unless you're willing to learn the local language too.

Persian isn't that hard, it's structurally much closer to a European language if anything and is simpler than most of the "easy" Euro languages people advocate for on here. Not even as complex as German.

Halfway through core6k jap on anki. Going through the basics of grammar again because I went too fast the first time and I've forgotten bits. Feeling breddy good overall

I like the literature of the country and how the language sounds. There's literally no other reason to learn a language if you don't plan on living there, to be honest. English is the only thing you need for business.

Also farsi is surprizingly """easy""" considering it's a middle eastern language. Arabic and turkish are hell.

I wish we had enough iranians here for your sentence to make sense. All muzzies here are moroccans and moroccan sounds like shit.

>How are your foreign languages coming along, Sup Forums?
I speak it natively.

этa хopoшo, cyкa блять

Completely alien grammar and vocabulary to a speaker of a european language obviously. Although I think the script itself bumps up the difficulty but lbr you can learn it in a few days, if not hours. People are lazy and exaggerate

He streamed vidya a few times recently. And made an additional for some useless electronic appliance he's selling.

Very easy pronunciation too. Way easier than english.

The main "barrier" is the alphabet. And well, at least it's an actual alphabet unlike in Japanese or Chinese.

Can you speak any Gaelic?

A wee bit aye. Going to be taking evening classes in a few weeks' time, and I'll be on a bus for about 3 hours a day in total, so I'll have plenty of time to listen to mp3s in Irish, Norwegian and Turkish.

日本語を勉強します。
私の日本語の知識は未熟だ。

頑張ってオーストラリア君

If you've been learning still, it should be 日本語を勉強しています
でも文法は完璧です、頑張って!

>Additionally the entire arab speaking world produces less written media per year than Spain by itself.

This is such a useless metric.

Finished Español on Duolingo, halfway through Svenska and Francais. Me and my friends are going on a Euro trip so I'm starting to learn Arabic. I can kinda read Arabic script now.