Best modern linux laptop that isnt an XPS?

^^Subject

Other urls found in this thread:

gearbest.com/laptops/pp_786412.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Ja_GMU7-sjs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

C..Could you repeat the question please?

chromebook

Which one?

system76

my netbook from 2009

This one, user

used business laptop

2012 macbook pro

Huh, how do you type on that and see the screen at the same time? Isn't it backwards?

you slide your hand under and type from there, you can also scratch your balls at the same time

What are some good laptops with minimal bezel?

Wait for the latitude 7390.

>wanting thin bezels

neck yourself

Aero 15X

why WOULDN'T you want thin bezels?

>IQ of 30

What? Can you draw that?

Carbon X1

/thread

My X1 Carbon has fairly thin bezels, the lid is flimsy and flexes when you open/close it from a corner. Also, I broke the screen once and had to replace the panel, when I took off the trim I was amazed at how close the edges of the panel are to the edges of the lid, there's only like 1/8" there. Bezels help protect the edges of the screen from drops and also add structural integrity and rigidity to the entire assembly.

Thin bezels on cellphones are even worse and the new curved screens where they wrap over the edges of the front of the phone are just retarded and only serve to make it easier to break the screen.

ni hao dear customer prease buy this
gearbest.com/laptops/pp_786412.html
t. /csg/

Linux develops laptops?

its because you're a fatty and mistaken it for a burger and tried to eat it.

None of the shit mentioned has official linux support.

>dropping a fucking laptop

people actually do that?

>Drops laptop
>Is surprised that the screen cracks
>Blames it on thin bezels
Holy fuck you're retarded.

GPD Pocket

Don't drop your laptop you retard. And thin bezels won't make your phone any weaker since the bezels are covered in the same glass anyway.

Purism

gpd win 2

get the XPS or don't get anything. the rest is shit. the new thinkpads amd series will be better than the XPS imho even tho im a massive dellfag

But wouldn't the AMD models have worse linux compatibility?

WIth Gallium-OS.

t. shitposting from an acer c720 on the reg

Any laptop without an Intel CPU.

And the GPU should be Intel too.

Don't own one yet but planning on buying (and waiting for tablet).

I hope they continue to grow

On the subject, how bad is it for the lcd panel if the whole screen flexes like on the xps? I know engineers probably took this into consideration but is there any damage in the long run?

Precision 5510

X1 carbon

this. I bought an XPS 13 but the touchpad is shit-tier (like every laptop touchpad except Apple). Ended up selling it and getting an X1 Carbon instead. Clitmouse for life.

black bezels actually contribute to perceived contrast

it's a very important thing in high quality projection setups

This desu with arch linux

I also have a thinkpad x220

comfy

Sorry i'm not an apple donning soyboy who cares about his chinese goytoys more than about a toddler

because whatever laptop that guy owns doesn't have thin bezels and he doesn't want buyer's remorse

It's literally nothing about that (the fuck are you on about), its about being retarded enough to drop a fucking laptop.

I can understand phones slipping, but a fucking laptop?

shit happens especially in environments that isn't a basement

I have a Work Laptop I carry everywhere and never dropped it. you can't excuse your idiocy

system76, you can change parts as easy as a thinkpad too

god tier support and dirt chip

cons:
>intel

Literally just bought it a week before the meltdown and it just arrived.

Haven't even riced this shit yet.

theres a linux version for league already????

thinkpad yoga 460
>ram slot although its only a single slot
>hdd bay
>42mm m.2 bay
>wacom digitiser
>2 in 1
>14 inch
to ptier comfy desu

Do they ship to the UK now?

The mi notebook air

I have been waiting forever to be able to buy one of these.. They are never coming to europe r they?

Wait you can play league in linux?

im a linuxfag now

Don't go for the Pixelbook. Get a Chromebook Plus or a Chromebook Pixel.

precision 7000 line laptops
the 7510 is the best laptop i've ever owned, and easily serviceable.

2017 Thinkpad X1 Carbon

what's wrong with the XPS?

>MUH THINKPAD CARBON FIBRE MAGNESIUM FRAME FOLDED 1000 TIMES CAN CUT THROUGH MACSHIT LIKE KATANA

Vapid

System76 sounds nice on paper except everything has anemic batteries.

You can get them now on Gearbest retard

My battery lasts 6 hours while scripting, browsing 4shit, and having a stream open.

That's relatively decent. I looked into the galago and the oryx pro before and they had 34Wh and 60Wh batteries respectively which are pretty bad. I just assumed their less premium models had similar proportioning.

desu I'd be down with getting an oryx with a decent APU in them and the option to get a 100Wh battery in exchange for the drive slots.

They have good support since they are relatively small if you know how to sound like an actual customer they can do custom demands.

Made them install me arch linux after buying the machine, just got to open a ticket. (not that it compares to your request but you can try)

thinkpad 25

except not, because the price is too high. it really is good though, just not worth it.

I'm sure if it was feasible for them to offer a different battery they would. And the APU thing is just unrealistic unless they drastically change the machine next gen/introduce a new line. kek at making them install arch though.

>gallium
Vomit-inducing.

They're weird!

youtube.com/watch?v=Ja_GMU7-sjs

Muh HP Envy x360 with an AMD board that comes out next month.

looks fragile.
My asus x200e has been a linux laptop since 2013, I replace the hard drive with as ssd when it died and upgraded the wifi antenna it's been going strong since.
Literally no reason to replace it, I know eventually I'm going to have to replace the lith-ion pack and I might need replace the fan motor but that years in the future.

I have an Asus ux31a, also a good laptop for linux.

What are you gonna use the laptop for?
An all around good laptop for linux has and still is Thinkpad. I'm surprised that Lenovo hasn't done what Dell is doing and given people the option to pick Linux instead of Windows for their thinkpads.

>basicbitch

lel