IPhone 6 takes massive performance hit after Spectre patch

>41% drop in single core performance
>39% drop in multi-core performance

gsmarena.com/iphone_6_takes_massive_performance_hit_after_spectre_patch-news-29124.php

I guess Apple found an workaround to the battery life-based planned obsolescence.

Other urls found in this thread:

bigthink.com/robby-berman/apple-admits-slowing-down-older-phones-a-no-win-situation-for-us-all.amp
amp.theguardian.com/technology/2017/dec/21/apple-admits-slowing-older-iphones-because-of-flagging-batteries
amp.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jan/10/apple-questioned-us-senate-slowing-down-iphones-french-investigation
futuremark.com/hardware/mobile
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Already proven fake. There’s no performance drop in iOS 11.2.2.

iPhone users who haven’t updated: run Geekbench (or other benchmark) before and after the update. You will notice no performance drop.

OP is pathetically trying to spread misinformation

Didn't happen to me.

iPhone X post patch. No performance drop. You can tell because it’s still twice as high as an android flagship

>updating to iOS 11
>not downgrading yesterday to iOS 9 or 10 when apple fucked up
jejeje

fagdroids btfo

Or just you know, enjoy the latest operating system and upgrade your battery when you’re supposed to.

Unlucky guy. Mine is still performing exactly as before the update.

>unlucky

Probably deliberately spreading misinformation actually.

If the newest patch actually caused performance drops it would be widespread by now. Instead we just have this shitty Melvin blog and idiots like OP spreading misinfo.

I love how iPhone users keep spamming gookbench scores and denying the fact that all iPhones constantly overhear and thermal throttle.

>latest operating system
AIIIIII:^)

This. Always assume it's clickbait or FUD, you'll probably be right.

As usual. Cry harder Pajeetdroids

How does it feel to be retarded? This has already been proven fake. Have fun with your neckbeard phone. Faggot.

No evidence that iPhones overheat or thermal throttle any more than other flagships.

Just checked, bug doesn’t exist.

As usual pajeets think I am “btfo” by a bug that doesn’t exist

I know, I was more or less being sarcastic.

Are the Samshit shills so desperate that they have to post blatantly false things to try and muddy the waters about iPhones?

DAILY REMINDER
1+2+3=24

CRY MORE

>android shills are so desperate they have to use bugs that are already patched in their shilling campaign

Just delete this thread already OP. This was a pathetic effort and if your boss sees this you will be fired.

Patched.

>Post about iPhone 6
>muh iPad, muh x
hahaha toddlers in denial

Go on Geekbench browser and you will see plenty of iPhone 6 running iOS 11.2.2 running full Geekbench scores, evidence that iOS 11.2.2 does not reduce performance

>A-Apple just randomly slowed down phones with this patch, you just got lucky!

HAHAHAHAHA

HOW CAN ANDROID EVEN COMPETE

All these threads, what does it give us? Really?
What kind of value does it bring us?

And it's not just Sup Forums, the whole fucking web is the same. Click bait, flame wars, people spewing retarded shit just to get a reaction out of others, AND NEVER ANYTHING ELSE. NOTHING ELSE.

I kinda remember a time when one could actually find interesting and knowledgable debates online, but I never find them nowadays. Is it just rose tinted glasses or was the web better before?

I find myself browsing site after site, after site. And nothing else. Nothing new. Nothing worthwhile anywhere.

Damn those people need to get their batteries replaced.

Meanwhile though here’s an iPhone 6 running full speed on iOS 11.2.2. Proof that specter patch/11.2.2 has no impact on performance

CRY MORE FAG

Aye, love me a new battery myself

THE POWER OF APPLE

>fighting about which toddler OS is better

>People pay for this shit
LMAO

With this thread it’s worth noting a few things

1. Apart from google pixel 2, most android phones haven’t been patched for spectre
2. As android phones only receive updates for 2-3 years, many older android phones will never be patched
3. All iPhones from the 5s on have already been patched.
4. There is no performance drop from the Patch on iPhones but I haven’t seen any tests on android yet.

Pic related

>closed source benchmarking tool
>measuring the impact of syscalls slowness with a tool that probably just does some CPU math

fagdroids btfo

Really though, not even 2015 phones?

iOS 11.2.1

What do you think you’re proving?

I can overheat my phone on purpose, or run Geekbench and then start running something else

In reality android gets fucking crushed by iphone

What do you think it shows?

Whatever you say ifag :^)

>downgrading an iOS device
Lol, you wish.

It was possible for several devices yesterday; a window open for a couple of hours Apple signed several older iOS-files

>dig out my old iPhone 6 to check whether it's true
>geekbench on iOS isn't free like on android
do those fucktards really expect people to pay for benchmarks? jesus christ

>being poor
iPadjeet btfo

Given it has been free several times the past months, you're retarded not getting the app when it's free

bigthink.com/robby-berman/apple-admits-slowing-down-older-phones-a-no-win-situation-for-us-all.amp
amp.theguardian.com/technology/2017/dec/21/apple-admits-slowing-older-iphones-because-of-flagging-batteries
amp.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jan/10/apple-questioned-us-senate-slowing-down-iphones-french-investigation
Don't worry, there are other things Apple does to slow down your device. They admitted it.

Yes, everyone knows that Apple slows down iPhones with degraded batteries. Everyone knows it is to improve battery life and avoid shutdowns. Everyone knows it can be 100% fixed by replacing the battery for 29$. Everyone knows a throttled iPhone is faster than a full speed android.

When will you admit your OP was wrong?

Why are you mad shitter?
Your fuckbuddy pissed inside your ass again?

Use Antutu instead.

Why are you mad?

You realized your android phone which you bought a year ago isn’t updated anymore so you have to give more money to Samsung and google?

Meanwhile the 5 year old iPhone 5s is fully supported

Cry more poorfag

Imagine having the same phone for 5 years.

Lmao stay mad

>Imagine having the same phone for 5 years.

Spoken like a true consumerist whore

I mean it’s not my cup of tea and I’m posting from my iPhone X.

But for those who do prefer to keep their phone for several years, the iPhone is the clear choice. While the android will need to be replaced after a year or two due to disappearing support, the iPhone will last 5 years or more with just a battery replacement necessary to keep it as good as new.

Besides, in two years my iPhone X will still be as fast as the newest Samsung phone. Pic related, the S9 still far behind the iPhone X

>November 2019
>Samsung S8 officially obsolete and not receiving updates anymore
>iPhone X still receiving updates, and will for another 3+ years. Not only that but it’s on par with the Samsung S10 (just released) in processing power

Many people are coming to grips with the sea of trash the internet has become. If theres any comfort in it, you aren't alone.

Android BTFO.

>In reality android gets fucking crushed by iphone

Futuremark would say different
>futuremark.com/hardware/mobile

>You can tell because it’s still twice as high as an android flagship

If I ever move to Android, I'll be moving to HTC then, it appears at least they give a shit.

Should I just disconnect, as far as that is possible? Perhaps that would make me happier. Tear down my router and wifi, toss every ethernet cable I have, flush my smartphone down the toilet...

It kinda sits right, to think about. Isolate myself, with myself, so that I can find myself and what is actually important again. Not this consumer shit.

Thanks, knowing I'm not alone helps.

>iPad Pro with A10 faster than iPhone C with A11
>iPad Pro 12.9” much faster than iPad Pro 10.5” despite exact same specs

Wow, I’m definitely going to trust this over Geekbench, Antutu, Manhattan Bench, 3DBench, GFCBench which all say the iPhone is far ahead

It's also far ahead in price. Also benchmarks don't represent real world performance.

>GPU testing
Kek.

I'm not . I've said what I had to say.

iTODDLERS BTFO

How do iToddlers justify getting fucked in the ass by Apple EVERY YEAR?

He’s obviously a Jewdroid user.

Everything has to be a battle

>Catholics vs Protestants
>Sup Forums vs Antifa
>Democrats vs Republicans
>Consoles vs PC
>Apple vs Android

Can’t we all just get along?

Are you so fucking retarded you can't even read? Apparently.

How many times have you replied to yourself today iToddler? How much do you rage when you get banned every day?

One could ask the same of Androbabbies.
RIP Meego, you were our last hope.

Because with mobile devices and social media now the average people (who are fucking retards btw) have easier and constant access to the web now.

You have to be 18 to post here, retard. Now get back to your homework before your mom’s husband comes home and you and him have “magic time” before mommy gets home from work.

>the state of the iToddler shill

I’m not the one getting pounded in the ass every night . Did it hurt the first time?

>I’m not the one getting pounded in the ass every night
>apple user

Wow, this is getting awkward, kids

You forgot Xiaomi on your chart.

>that face when arguing with a 12 year old android user who watches too many YouTube videos.

>all 4 year old android phones with Snapdragon 801 that use Krait 400 cores and are immune to Spectre don't get a patch for Spectre
Shit in the street harder iShill.

>Having lagdragon
Stay cucked americuck.

>iShill has no argument
>shits in the street harder

>anime shit

You shouldn't be let out

>iShill has no argument
>shits in the street harder

>iShill
hurr durr, not even fuck head.
I'm just lucky enough to live in a place (ie. Anywhere that isn't USA or Canacuckistan) where Snapdragon SHIT isn't enforced on every Android device by Qaulcomm.

Exynos > Reference ARM > Intel x86 > Dog Poo > Apple ARM > Lagdragon

This. iToddler Pajeets are being paid 2 rupees to spam their FUD trash in every thread.

>costs over 2x as much as S8
>doesn't perform twice as well

What a POS

>iToddler shill banned again

How will iToddlers ever recover?

>laughing in samsung galaxy S5

I'm with you.

>tfw Krait 400 master race

>didn't show result to save from embarrassment.

>iToddler reset his modem after getting banned again

>For example, here’s one result from Geekbench’s database where the scores remain on pre-update levels and another one, which is closer to Melvin’s numbers. There are more 11.2.2 scores like that, but it’s hard to tell how much of the inconsistency is due to throttling due to an old battery.
It's pretty sad they did less research than I did in the previous thread about this, and still titled the article the way they did.

It's pretty sad you got banned in the last thread, and in this thread still shilled the same way you did.

If you look on Geekbench you can find shit results for just about every phone.

Not sure what your point is.

I didn't get banned last thread and I'm not the iToddler that got banned this thread.

I am just a voice of reason amongst all you all you shitters who jump on clickbait and poorly tested data.

iCucks B.T.F.O.

no. it was always a time sink. the older you get, tho, the less time you have for bs

I reckon they've pushed the update to ios10 automatically. The last few days my 6 has been running like absolute dogshit, yet it's on 10 because I refuse to take the performance hit on 11

>The last few days my 6 has been running like absolute dogshit, yet it's on 10 because I refuse to take the performance hit on 11
The shit battery mitigation came in 10 for the 6.