Remember when all the big youtubers revised their review on AMD Radeon RX Vega and made separate videos about the price...

Remember when all the big youtubers revised their review on AMD Radeon RX Vega and made separate videos about the price gouging that AMD didn't even have any say in?

Where are the revised and specific videos about Intel knowingly launching hardware insecure Coffee Lake processors? Hmmmm??? Will the big youtubers benchmark in 720p again now that Intel's processors lost 10-30% performance?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M2e9G5b2elI
youtu.be/yF1JYduxUwg
cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No because intel still got the best power/cost efficiency

Can't debate with words?
I would like to buy AMD and have better performance but... the power it just not there!

1) A picture speaks a thousand words
2) The initial performance is irrelevant to the insecurity and slowdown.
>the power it just not there!
You mean the housefires? Well of course.

intels new update decreases intels gpu performance by 30%.

>ryzen not powerful enough

Wow is this how gullible the Intel consumer is?

Several months ago we had the KRACK wifi hack and now the spectre and meltdown.

Damn.

Last year all PC's were insecure to those who were aware of the exploit.

How many years will it take before Intel is able to start producing chips where the exploit is fixed at the hardware level?

Intel claims that everything will be fixed by the end of the month for 90% of the CPUs released within the last 5 years including the performance drop, so I'm holding off until then to be completely angry at them.

whats the point. a new exploit will just pop up again.

This is the perfect opportunity for Intel to open source their binaries for better core/libreboot support.

Most of this stuff is discovered in academia with no evidence that they were ever used in any sort of malware. There's not a whole lot of people with the expertise, equipment, and funding to uncover these types of exploits outside of universities or governments, and governments keep exploits like this as their ace for targeted attacks, not to just build botnets so it'll be reverse engineered in hours/days.

Hell, most of this shit is questionable if it could even be used to pull off an attack outside of laboratory conditions.

It's there for multi-threaded workloads.

Do actually believe that is possible? Protip: it is not.

In same place with arma3 tests which was, suddenly, everyone favorite game during ryzen release.

>fixed
There is no fix.

Krack and meltdown are trivial to exploit when you know them.

>Do actually believe that is possible?
Sure, and I don't have a choice, but to wait, and see if it's actually true, or not.
>Protip: it is not.
Are you actually a certified pro who had the proper qualifications to endorse a pro tip?

This thread just reminds me that Sup Forums really needs flags.

To be honest, I am.

It doesn't. Every board with flags is shit up with nationality shit and generalisations.
IDs? Sure, IDs would help against a lot of faggotry and shilling, but it would destroy at the same time.

Remember, the whole site comes here to ask for what to buy. Shill or get shilled.

>To be honest, I am.
Proof? Post with timestamp, and do a q&a.

>It doesn't.
It does, and I wonder what flag you bare.
>Every board with flags is shit up with nationality shit and generalisations.
Name one that's shit.
>IDs? Sure, IDs would help against a lot of faggotry and shilling, but it would destroy at the same time.
Flags are enough user, and it would still be within the realms of anonymous posting.

Remember, the whole site comes here to ask for what to buy. Shill or get shilled.

No. I don't care what you think.

>90% of the CPUs released within the last 5 years
The microcode tarball released on 8 Jan for Linux already defined the lower limits on who will receive a patch. Only Haswell(Mainstream, LGA2011-3 HEDT) and Ivy-Bridge on LGA2011-0(i7 HEDT, Xeon E5) and LGA2011-1(Xeon E7) will receive the update. Anything older will not receive the firmware patch, including Ivy Bridge Mainstream and all Sandy Bridge processors. 2013-2018 is already ~ 5 years, so they did kinda keep their promise in a sense.

However, if you are using Windows, there is no way for you to update the microcode yourself (meaningfully) on these older platforms(Basically anything running DDR3 that is at least the architecture generation mentioned above) when you do not have a BIOS update. The firmware update tool provided by VMWare loads the firmware too late because it is a kernel driver, and Mitigations for Spectre V2 on Windows will not activate because it does not detect the new firmware. You will have to wait for Windows Update to push the firmware update or switch to linux on these platforms.

>No. I don't care what you think.
You really do, because you tried to claim that you are a "pro" who is qualified to give tips.
See:
>To be honest, I am.
Fucking cancerous faggot.
>Remember, the whole site comes here to ask for what to buy. Shill or get shilled.
Anons come here to discuss Sup Forums related, and asking "what to but" is frowned upon on. In fact shilling, and advertising are also completely frowned upon on, and the individuals who come here to do just that deserves a b&.

>thinking this is only an intel exploit
back to /biz/ with you

>there are kids still using sandy bridge cpu because it just works
>release our secret backdoor to the public
>this will make them buy our new cpu

>incuck

>Has nothing to contribute outside of marketing talking points.
Low quality posts are against the rules, and so is advertising. Please do the needful, and neck yourself.

>In fact shilling, and advertising are also completely frowned upon on, and the individuals who come here to do just that deserves a b&.
mkg tpg csg
dont need much text to prove ur and idiot

Intel products are shit, you'd have to be a simpleton or a paid shill to endorse any Intel product. Fuck Intel.

>butthurt incuck

Nowhere because AMD is also affected by Spectre.

>$0.05 has been deposited in your account
Thank you for your brave shilling.

-Project ShareRed Management

Where did they say this? I am hoping they can optimises compilers or optimize the microcode and repush it to help the situstion. Anyone sayinging it is impossible because they did it perfectly is stupud

Inturd is blowing smoke until this blows over. They've been working with cloud vendors for months and they're the hardest hit by performance cuts, so if they could they would have already.

>wanting Intel to recover from this

You must be a special kind of stupid, or maybe you have 250,000 stocks in Intel

You act like cpus are politics. i just want fucking products that are good

>Where did they say this?
Brian Krzanich made the claim in C.E.S. It's probably available online.

You act like nothing horrifying happened...

>dont need much text to prove ur and idiot
Then you read global rules, and the sticky. Sup Forums isn't here for advertising, tech support, or as a consumer review site.
>Uses generals to prove her point.
Generals are considered cancer, and they are there to quarantine certain types of cancer that used to be spread around the board.

Lol get a life my man

then buy AMD Ryzen/ThreadRipper/Epyc

they don't have hardware security flaws like intel's Metldown bug

>>release our secret backdoor to the public
Their new backdoor must be even more supremely botnet for them to abandon this one for a quick shekel. Maybe they realized that there's been pretty much zero resistance to ME.

There is absolutely no way that NSA and co. were not exploiting Meltdown and Spectre, given that it's been in CPUs since 1995.

lol intel probably tested playing a video game at 12K on ultra settings to completely remove the CPU as a bottleneck

>believing Intel after they said Meltdown was no big deal during the first couple of days

>In same place with arma3 tests which was, suddenly, everyone favorite game during ryzen release.
Arma 3 is unironically a lot of people's favorite PC game though (or at least what they play instead of arma 2), and those people will build their PC around that game.

T H I R T Y P E R C E N T
H
I
R
T
Y

P
E
R
C
E
N
T

I bought coffeelake at launch. I flashed the bios but i took a really big hit from it. Im too busy to send it bother trying to send it back and rebuild if they would even allow a return 3 months later

You're attacking the messenger user. I don't know if it's true, or not, and will have to wait like everyone else to find out.
The CEO made the claim, and all I did was mention that the CEO made it.

>a company whose hardware has just been revealed to contain a disastrous and essentially irreparable security flaw is being mentioned frequently on Sup Forums
Illuminati confirmed.

>old game is unplayable at 80fps

>Old game that has a steady over 30,000 daily player base for over 3 years can't do +30fps on ryzen at decent settings.
Motherfucker why are you mad at me over this?

Why must you lie?

>Lie
>Check yaab results.

>i just want fucking products that are good
Intel's products are not good, as demonstrated by this Meltdown catastrophe and their complete disregard for their user's privacy by adding direct NSA backdoor such as ME to their products.

Any technology company having too much market share dominance is essentially dangerous. Google is a perfect example of this, Intel as well.

Technology is inherently political, and given that the powers that be are openly working to enslave us with technological surveillance networks and automation the likes of which even the most dystopian science fiction has failed to envision, a death blow to the world's most powerful computer processor super corporation would be a fascinating and likely positive turn of events.

>Lol get a life my man
You are on Sup Forums right now arguing about computer processors.

Hug your dakimakura and go to sleep.

>by adding direct NSA backdoor such as ME to their products.
ME is Intel's implementation of TEE, and every CPU has it, but none of them need it. I'm actually loving the fact that a company as big as Intel was affected by these exploits, and hopefully everyone will use this to wake up, and force manufacturers to remove them completely.

If you think I'm ashamed of owning pillows with anime girls on them and shitposting on a Cambodian tennis racket collector web forum instead of socializing with normies you're out of your mind, user.

>Nothing of value
This "person" is allowed to post on Sup Forums.
Flags would be a nice addition.

Incuck: NEVER AGAIN

>Why must you lie?
But it's true.

>ME is Intel's implementation of TEE, and every CPU has it, but none of them need it.
It's getting to the point where if we don't soon have a true open and secure computing platform, we will be essentially disabled in terms of the ability to compete productively (versus those who embrace the ever more corrupt/evil technology that is distributed to the goyim).

>I'm actually loving the fact that a company as big as Intel was affected by these exploits
To me, the most promising thing about all of this is that there appear to have been honest, talented people who discovered these flaws in the hardware and took action to reveal it to the general public.

I have no doubt in my mind that Intel has known about this "flaw" for years. Flaw is scare quotes because they may very well have done this intentionally at the behest of the alphabets.

youtube.com/watch?v=M2e9G5b2elI
Well it's not 720p but...

>It's getting to the point where if we don't soon have a true open and secure computing platform,
Only hope currently is either risc-v, or open power. Other than that just crossing fingers for the major manufacturers to open source everything they have for a proper librebootable platform which I doubt that they would do. Intel is usually pretty good about working with the open source community, but they won't budge on ME. Even AMD who was all in with coreboot for a moment was very closed lipped about PSP.
>To me, the most promising thing about all of this is that there appear to have been honest, talented people who discovered these flaws in the hardware and took action to reveal it to the general public.
Thank heavens for that at least.

I see that arma3 runs well over 60 fps on ryzen, why lie?

>I see that arma3 runs well over 60 fps on ryzen, why lie?
Post the settings though.
>urr.... 1000 viewing distance

On single player with object, and terrain distance at 100.
You're not fooling anyone kid.

You post the comparison,and while you're at it don't forget about meltdown nerf.

>You post the comparison,and while you're at it don't forget about meltdown nerf.
Just go to bi forums, or post what you got here. Remember you're the one claiming to have that magic ryzen CPU that does over 69fps yaab in this game.

Yes goy, good! Keep believing the Intel shills.

You have it wrong friend, I don't play this five year old game and you Intel fans are the ones claiming this old game can only hit 30fps on a CPU which generally runs the same or faster than Intel at most things. You left out that the same only runs at 35fps on Intel, but any benchmarks you post would be even worse after the meltdown patch. So prove it.

youtu.be/yF1JYduxUwg

Runs fine on ryzen if this is the worst case comparison to the most expensive i9 before the meltdown travesty. I really dont know what you fans are talking about but I guess you'll just move the goalposts.

>You have it wrong friend, I don't play this five year old game and you Intel fans are the ones claiming this old game can only hit 30fps on a CPU which generally runs the same or faster than Intel at most things.
Oh so you're just full of shit. Typical.
>You left out that the same only runs at 35fps on Intel, but any benchmarks you post would be even worse after the meltdown patch. So prove it.
No on claimed that it ran 60fps on Intel though, but there was someone who claimed that it ran 60fps on a magic ryzen CPU, but instead of showing me you are now attacking everything about the game.

Not yaab, and just a sp first mission run through.
In game settings aren't even realistic. That wasn't even a benchmark. You can't even tell what's good, or bad with that type of run through, or if either hardware setup is good for that game.

Whatever bitch.

Exactly. Keep making your shit claims though you dumb useless faggot.

Show me with yaab.
>You have it wrong friend, I don't play this five year old game and you Intel fans are the ones claiming this old game can only hit 30fps on a CPU which generally runs the same or faster than Intel at most things. You left out that the same only runs at 35fps on Intel, but any benchmarks you post would be even worse after the meltdown patch. So prove it.
Oh, so it doesn't, and you lied about it.

sure seems like it

Pal, friend, clearly posted a game of ARMA3 running at well over100FPS on Ryzen7 with ultra settings, which was on-par to a very expensive i9 CPU. Now you may or may not choose to spend big bucks to play some shittily programmyed old game, but you're proving nothing by moving the goalposts the way you are because if the ryzen runs at lower FPS with different settings, the intel will also.

You're fooling nobody and frankly appear more than a little pathetic.

What sort of garbage game can't crack 60FPS on a modern processor and what sort of shitlord would choose to account for it? ARMA3 came out in 2013 right? What a heap of shoddy trash, makes sense that intel fans would see nothing wrong with shoddy trash software for their shoddy trash hardware. I bet the community is the faggotiest ever as well, probably furries and other degenerate outcast scum.

>Pal, friend, # clearly posted a game of ARMA3 running at well over100FPS on Ryzen7 with ultra settings, which was on-par to a very expensive i9 CPU.
>You're fooling nobody and frankly appear more than a little pathetic.
You literally are not fooling anyone who plays that game. "Ultra graphics settings" only taxes the GPU. What stresses the CPU on that game are the draw distances.
Which were set pretty low in that video.
The draw distances is what is important for most players since the game is mostly out doors on open terrains, and the advantage goes to the player who is first to identify another player.

And this is before meltdown made these intels worthless.

Quite the inflamed bumhole you have there sonny, why don't you spend less time playing your nerd game and get some cool games with a real competitive base.

>Fun, and popular game that people still play that has a string following.
>AMD tries to downplay it, because their products isn't quite as good at running them
Can you just accept that some people actually like playing that game, and think that games like wolfenstein, or tomb raider are shit?

Linus shill tips just changed his office's servers to AMD.

I don't play games anymore though, but I also don't make dumb claims on performance just to make one shitty company look better than another shitty company.

cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html
And we're back to where we've always been. AMD for multi, and Intel for single thread.

Sure ok then well the OP still stands, lets see these benchmarks POST-MELTDOWN. Any benchmarks are invalid until that happens.

>assmark

Post meltdown. A3 bench with every current expansion is 26 fps on a Pentium g4600, and hd7970. That's with every setting pumped as high as they could be including shadows/object/overall. Sampling at 100% for 1080p. Post processing all maxed with hbao+strong, and papa: cmaa
That's pretty good for a shit system.

>assmark
Posted for
Which was using the same site dumbass.

> didn't even have any say in

lol imagine being this fucking deluded.

ARMA3 is an exceptional edge-case and as a metric, worthless. The performance of this game is indicative of the poor quality of the software and the era which it came out. Considering games as a whole are parity between the platforms I consider ARMA3 discussion to be academic wankery at best, shill misdirection at worst.

Meltdown is the only relevant exploit

This system with the same settings as video @2:04 on yaab v.0.98 is average 45.1fps with 73fps high, and the huge 5fps drop near the middle.

I'm not the guy who brought it up, and I only posted my yaab results out of curiosity. To be honest I stopped playing games, and I currently don't have a gaming PC.

Source for this please. I might start to watch him again.