Professor asks what .rar is

>professor asks what .rar is
>he's a teaching a computer science course
I've made a terrible mistake.

reply to this post explaining how to balance a binary tree and sum all the primes under 2 million or I hate you!!

>compiter science is how to use winzip lol

>knowing or caring about some nonfree compressed archive format

wtf

These dinosaurs who only know cobol or basic are actually retarded though.

i hope the professor singles you out and makes you teach the class like in a highschool movie

>OP thinks compsci is about computers

pm me when u drop out

>not caring about some shitty ephemeral proprietary archive format makes someone retarded

Kill yourself

Not him. I graduated years ago and work with these retard dinosaurs. Dont get complacent as you age or you will become one of them

>tfw they named an entire field 'comptuer science' just to trick people who know how to pirate movies and have heard of bitcoin before into signing up for hell

>professor asks what a .rar is
>not caring
Kek, learn to read you fucking idiot

>cobol or basic
>work with
You're really off base here. Did you actually do a computer science course? COBOL and BASIC are popular among "dinosaurs" in the industry, but they've never been used in academia. You'd be laughed out of any university, even the shit ones, if all you knew was two procedural languages.

Probably some idiot sent him an assignment in a .rar. He should have just awarded it zero marks and moved on.

>hell
>easy mode maths
They literally split computer science from mathematics because the field was too easy.

Half my teacher at a state uni couldnt fucking code and the ones who could sucks balls at it. Learned 90% of the shit i know on the job

Yeah why bother learning anything knew. Exactly the mindset to why he didnt know what is was

There are brainlets in math who go to theoretical CS. Math faggs are also generally illiterate about technology.

lel wat country is this?

Youll figure out all the things you didnt learn in college when you graduate. Your professors just look smart because you are so ignorant in comparison

knowing how to program != being good with computers. i've met some great programmers who are literally retarded when it comes to doing anything other that autistically writing algorithms.

A good computer science teacher could still be the best around even if he hasn't used anything newer than 1990's hardware

Reminder that Stallman can't install Linux himself.

.rar is a shit format anyway
.7z provides better compression
.zip and .tar are more universally used

.rar is nonfree, so that could be why

.rar is only used in sharing doujinshi...

It's CS not IT you sperg.

Not exactly, he just hasn't bothered.

>hey guys I came here to learn how to make video games and this stupid OLD guy doesn't even know what a rar is lol how does he watch stranger things??????????
Why should a "dinosaur" computer scientist who probably went straight from a PDP-10 to Unix and Linux and stayed there for the rest of his career know or give a fuck about some dead proprietary wintoddler archive format that nobody uses on any other platform? How does it have any impact on how well he can understand and teach math, algorithms or fundamental computational theory that hasn't changed in 70 years?

>.rar
>windows exclusive
ahh the legacy of the nixtoddler

>exclusive
Nobody said that. Learn to read.

>dead proprietary wintoddler archive format that nobody uses on any other platform?
too much soylent eh?

Doesn't say windows exclusive anywhere in that sentence. Go back to preschool.

Not using rar is one thing, not knowing about it is another.
I don't use rar. 7z or tar.gz for me thanks.

>dead proprietary wintoddler archive format
glugluglug burrrrrrp

Time to go take English classes.

It's a wintoddler format. Who uses RAR anywhere but Windows? And who the fuck even uses it on Windows for anything other than piracy, for that matter? If you just want to compress a bunch of shit into a single file you're better off using the native ZIP support, and if you actually care about compression or using other formats you'll be better served by something like 7-zip, not some pirated proprietary shovelware.

>mid semester of algo & data structures
>learn balanced trees

>thinking computer science has anything to do with computers
time to drop out kiddo

literal retard

soylent samefag

The best computer scientists are the ones who can't into practical computer skills.

If you want someone to install proprietary software for you, he's no the man. If you want someone who understands quicksqrt then he's your guy.