Does anyone in the entire world outside of youtube memers own one of these things? If it's just as I think...

Does anyone in the entire world outside of youtube memers own one of these things? If it's just as I think, that is nobody in his fucking right mind would ever buy this idiotic gimmick bullshit, why the fuck is Microsoft pushing this "mixed reality" meme into Windows like there's no tomorrow?

Please explain this meme to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Hxjofn2bYE8
slickdeals.net/f/11134259-lenovo-explorer-bundle-vr-headset-and-wireless-motion-controllers-for-windows-mixed-reality-iron-grey-g0a20002ww-257-85#commentsBox
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

give it a few more years user, it's just in its baby stages. It makes sense man, I mean, we've hit 8k resolutions now...it doesn't really get much better. It's time to transition into VR.

You sound too angry. Try making your post more subtle next time... newfag.

I enjoy using video chat rooms and I think VR would be a nice addition to that. Second life does this but it's just on a level I am not prepared to enter.
I mean more of a casual flash chat like tc or maybe on a skype platform

I have a friend who uses one of these for people with MS by creating a desktop solution that can be used by using the accelerometer as the mouse and a virtual keyboard

I get why ms is working on it, it's obvious that in 10-20 years all computing will be AR.

Devs that supported this overnight but couldnt be fucked to support 3D screens previously or (even more annoyingly),at the same fucking time have really pissed me off. Fuck them,how fucking hard would it be to implement stereo 3D when VR fucking requires it (prior to distortion) anyway? Not going to lie,3D is great,as is head tracking and I use both quite often but here in ozfagland theyre basically 200% markup and I refuse to pay that bullshit premium or grey import with warranty issues.

My point is that there is no reason to deal with this shit in Windows when it's indeed in baby stages.

I work as an windows sysadmin and I rue the day we updated to Windows 10. We're still using W10 1607 on 60 workstations at my company and I'm sure I'll have to jump through hoops to remove this shit from our systems.

Windows 10 was a mistake.

Didn't Carmack say that for a nice VR experience 16K was necessary?

ofc windows 10 was a mistake, it's trying to be everything at once. sweaty balls and the new ceo ran microsoft into the ground

It is a meme.
Not even the first time its getting shilled too.

You need to work on a production to get out of the baby stage user.

Thanks to cryptominers VR is set back at least a couple years. Nobody can afford a gpu good enough. Now the new vive is announced and I figure you need better than a 1080ti to run it well

He said 8k per 8k was when you wouldn't get screen door effect whatsoever, but it might have been palmer who said it idk. 16k isn't necessary at all though lmao, you can achieve presence with a 1440p screen.

There are admx files to disable these apps, there's also a windows update setting which you specify to stop pulling updates from web sources which will also disable app store updates for these types of software.

Both right, 8k per eye, basically 16k

Plenty of people own them. It has one of the best Headsets (Samsung one) so far and the cheapest one (the others) like the HP which can be found for $240
They are pushed by OEMs & also sold with their PCs. VR might change from its meme statut to being mainstream.

>Thy the fuck is Microsoft pushing this "mixed reality" meme into Windows like there's no tomorrow?
to sell more pcs and push VR
are you that retarded?

This place is full of poor idiots who can't even read a spec sheet and make a comparison on their own. VR is amazing and AR is the normie tier version for now while both combined is the best solution coming in a year or two. AR on it's own has more "business potential" hence the high end dev kits that are available despite the tech being shit right now. Once they get the killer apps functional they will further push the hardware with the end goal being desktop replacement and mobile use for guidance irl to identify landmarks and random shit including people witch facial recognition.

I would like a massive workspace sometimes. I think a vr setup would be pretty cool.
>tilt head to see rather than click a few times
For me in some software like music production, it would be better than the difference between a trakpad and a mouse.

>VR is amazing and AR is the normie tier version for now
lolwot. That makes no sense.

> both combined is the best solution coming in a year or two.
What does that even mean. AR literally creates a realtime VR with a camera source.

>AR on it's own has more "business potential" hence the high end dev kits that are available despite the tech being shit right now.
AR has been viable for years. There were AR 'dev kits' like 10 years ago. Eg.. FLAR Toolkit. It has fuck all to do with one having more 'business potential' compared to the other.

>Once they get the killer apps functional they will further push the hardware with the end goal being desktop replacement and mobile use for guidance irl to identify landmarks and random shit including people witch facial recognition.
What the fuck has that got to do with AR/VR. What that is is AI.

Used FLAR to make shitty AR.
Have used unity to make shitty VR.
Now use tensorflow to make shitty AI.
Your perspective is that of a brainwashed consumer talking shit about stuff you clearly don't understand.

You're a moron.

Normalfags vastly prefer AR to VR. VR has that nerd stigma. It's about escapism. Living in you're own little world indulging in fantasy. Normalfags don't want that. They are social creatures. With AR you are enhancing reality. It's a fun gimmick. An addition to reality, not an escape. Also the tech is less bulky and therefore more casual, more comfortable, more socially acceptable. Think of Apple's animated facial emoji thing. Normalfags lap that shit up.

I've played vr on the shitty psvr headset and I can say it's the future.

It just needs another generation or two. Also, for gpu prices to stablize since a 1060 is the minimum required card.

i wish i had VR

youtube.com/watch?v=Hxjofn2bYE8

slickdeals.net/f/11134259-lenovo-explorer-bundle-vr-headset-and-wireless-motion-controllers-for-windows-mixed-reality-iron-grey-g0a20002ww-257-85#commentsBox

You can play that meme game without VR...

Anyone backed this shit?

>bundle VR headset
>you can play without VR
>still have to buy some meme
uuuuhhh ok. think i'd rather buy full VR than wasting money on some half-assed shit

I don't get it.

>you can play without VR
>links some semi-VR bundle
are you mentally retarded?

You can thank the miners for pushing the further development of GPUs.

Windows mixed reality is bullshit, only people who have it fell for their massive marketing campaign.
Only plus is that its easy to setup because no external tracking.
Vive (pro) > anything WMR

No because its a scam/super expensive super "enthusiast" crap.

Samsung Odyssey >> Vive (Pro)

I thought you wanted cheap VR and knew this.

>says you dont need VR
>links cheap half-assed that's not even real VR
mentally retarded confirmed

How id the Lenovo Explorer a "cheap half-assed" VR? It's $250 and has better resolution and larger tracking area than Occulus Rift which is $400

and also Inside Out tracking (so no need for external one)

nigga just stop posting. i didnt ask for advice, you said you dont need VR for that yet you linked some fucking VR

>shit tracking
>shit SteamVR support
>so shitty its not even released in europe
>windows store cancer
we have been through this a thousand times

nigga lurk some moar. WMR is a easy to setup cheap compromise for normies compared to full feature VR.

>tracking range is pretty close to limitless compared to the others
>SteamVR support will get better
>Will eventually come to Europe & others states
>Can also use Revive & revive support will get better
>the only one that will have access to the Window store only games in future until Vive/Rift/others support it.

What do you mean by "Full VR"??
Those headset are VR
"Mixed Reality" is the platform & the API shared with their AR headset the hololens.

what´s the selling point of the hp one?
also, all of these will be half the price by the end of the year

Its not about tracking range. If your hands are not in the FOV of the HMD it'll fuck up, Lighthouse does not have this problem.
Everything om SteamVR is developed for either Vives or Oculus hardware, tracking and controlers. Some studios will implement official and tested WMR suppprt but not all of them.
Big plus for WMR tracking is that it is a lot easier to setup so this might be the better solution for some folks.
Windows VR store is a meme and I doub't that there will ever be anything relevant and exclusive. Just look at where Microsofts store for Windows Mobile went.
Vive pro is the most expensive VR system but for a reason.

There is no selling point besides "it's cheaper" outside the Samsung one. By next year, Pimax will be out.

Resolution and fov still need to be improved but it's usable as is. I watch movies almost exclusively in BigScreen now. It's worth it just for that alone imo.