Why people go to Iceland to do tourism?

Why people go to Iceland to do tourism?
There is fucking nothing there.
Just find the nearest rocks with moss and stare at them for a moment.
Jesus christ! Why is so trendy?

Other urls found in this thread:

aemet.es/documentos/es/conocermas/recursos_en_linea/publicaciones_y_estudios/publicaciones/Atlas-climatologico/Atlas.pdf#page=46
icelandreview.com/news/2015/07/23/man-arrested-allegedly-passing-hiv
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because every other touristic spot in Europe has become uncool or too expensive.

>Iceland
>cool
>not expensive

It's cooler than fucking Benidorm because there is nobody there (at least you won't meet people from the same country as you, since you won't meed anybody at all), and the average tardrist believes it's cheaper because you spend a lot to get there, but don't get buttraped by restaurants and hotels.

I've planned to go to Iceland next year and propose to my girlfriend.

Why?
It's a completely different place, hot springs, Northern lights, plus it's extremely romantic imo.

Only thing I'm dreading is the fucking cost, but I can afford it.

This. Why do people go to southern Spain and southern Portugal is beyond me.
It sucks, the water is warm, there are no waves, the cities are just filled with english women flashing their tits and camel toes to everybody that pays her drinks. Even a faggot could get laid with a english women ffs.

You can find places without people and mountains almost in every country, is not like the whole Spain and Portugal is like Benidorm.
I just went to the Aragonese Pyrenees this summer and it was amazing with lakes and forests, I did not seen a single person.
People go to Iceland to barg about it later with their hipster friends.

Some people like solitude, trekking, cold climates, wilderness and geothermal stuff.

GOAT weather to be half-naked and get a tan. Not to mention ogling topless qts who do exactly this.

As for English women, a man's gotta eat.

Inland Spain is underrated and painfully disregarded by foreigners, I'll give you that.

>Inland Spain is underrated and painfully disregarded by foreigners, I'll give you that.

This
You guys have goat architecture, interesting geography with a lot of mountains, lightly populated country with a lot of space to get away from people, a lot of differences from one region to another etc
Yet people mostly talk about the coast, which is good enough but the sea gets boring quickly especially when compared to the other wonders in Spain

Exactly what I meant. I think stuff like that is what OP really meant, but other than the cultural particularities of all the different regions, it feels significantly less unique than the whole "hot weather and cheap bars/resorts" that seems to be exclusive to certain parts of Southern Europe's coast.

There's also cruise tourism, which seems to be pretty damn big as well. It's one of the main reasons why Barcelona has become super popular, for instance.

two word.
Turkish
Abduction

Are you butthurt because people won't travel more to Spain?

>GOAT weather to be half-naked and get a tan.
Not everyone likes that kinda weather and Tanns are only for status.

Idk, did that, visited seville etc, too fucking hot
(props better than visiting beach hellhole full of working class)

you just listed points that sound like heaven

not everybody likes jungles, sweating and people everywhere you know.

The average joe likes to go on holiday in a place that is warm, sunny, with a nice sand beach and some people arround.
Iceland is essentially the contrarian's destination.
And being a contrarian is trendy among thick-framed-glasses-wearing folks these days.

>average joe likes to go on holiday in a place that is warm, sunny, with a nice sand beach and some people arround.
only filthy med-scum likes this.

How come Benidorm and La Grande Motte are so filled with brits then?

No idea. It's expensive too.

they dont have any sun or heat

Not with all these butt-ugly plastic towers they built near the beach, you have a point.
>the costal cities used to be like this

Protip: don't go to the inland areas of Southern Spain during the summer. They can be really fucking hot.

Benidorm is really a disgusting exeption, all our costal cities are pretty comfy, Even Barcelona have special laws that forbids to build certain buildings near the coast.

>Why is so trendy?
this is how you recognize arab blood. not wanting to sweat profusely confuses them.

Iceland has hot women. That's a good excuse to go if you ask me.

You can't just make a gradient based on latitude when it comes to Spain.

The city where I live is closer to Toulouse than it is to Seville, and last year we had a maximum temperature of 44ºC. With wind. Imagine living in a literal hairdryer.

It kinda beats the point on solitude, but that's cool too.

Iceland also has the highest amount of one-night stands in Europe apparently.

Cuando se trata de medias y no extremos el gradiente es bastante claro: aemet.es/documentos/es/conocermas/recursos_en_linea/publicaciones_y_estudios/publicaciones/Atlas-climatologico/Atlas.pdf#page=46

Por supuesto el valle del Ebro es más cálido que las zonas de alrededor, pero eso se debe principalmente a la altura sobre el nivel del mar que es bastante más baja que la de la meseta.

Fair enough. Northern Castille is overall colder than Lower Aragon because of the altitude and because it's further from the Mediterranean.

Was thinking of visiting Pamplona, is this a good idea?

Can confirm, the extended family reunions can get a bit awkward sometimes
This. Hipsters, attention whores and other vapid millenials come here because it's the "cool" and "unique" place to be. They don't bother to try to learn anything or experience the culture, they go to downtown Reykjavík and the golden Circle to go clubbing and to take Instagram photos of themselves with Geysir and Seljalandsfoss. they ruin the nature, shit in pits and clog up the roads and natural wonders and the government doesn't do anything because they make a shitload of cash off it. We need to build a wall around Leiffstö ðbe honest.

Never been there, and I don't know if there's anything interesting outside the Sanfermines, but I think the heat isn't as extreme as it is in the south.

I've heard good things about the Navarrese countryside, though.

The bull run might get a bit intense, but you're American, so you should be used to black bulls.

You can pay the people there in alcohol so staying there for a couple weeks costs about as much as it would to get wasted on cheap booze for a night

I've went to Iceland 3 times in my life, and every time I go there it's mostly just to practice the language. I've made it a mission to speak and understand all the Nordic languages.

Every time I go there though I usually end up sitting at a bar, drinking beer and talking to some random old Icelanders. Many of them have some funny stories to tell, though it usually involves almost drowning while fishing.

Continentality actually makes temperatures more extreme, not colder in general. That's why they have bigger differences between summer and winter.

It has breathtaking natural beauty.

yea and a cup of coffee for 6€

>a cup of coffee for 6€

Bit exaggerated but I see what you mean.

It's cheaper for us Norwegians though, literally only Switzerland is more expensive in the world.

This isn't bragging btw, I am legitimately annoyed that my country is so fucking expensive.

Because it literally costs 100$ to go there. 5 times less than anywhere else in Europe, if you get amazing prices. 10x less for regular prices.

>Literally called Iceland
>Not at least cool or more likely freezing

Where the fuck are you getting your coffee, even in a coffee shop a cup only costs 2-2.50€
Old people are the best, much better than the tourists and millennials that infest the city center.

90% of Iceland looks better than all of Spain. You just found yourself a poor picture of Iceland and made a shitpost, to be quite honest.

I dont understand this shit. I would feel guilty as fuck going inna country and not trying to experience and understand the culture the best I can. Language is a bit more understandable but everybody can learn the basic polite words. And in the case of icelandic its a beautiful language so thsts another incentive.

Whenever I travel I usually get mad at tourists cause they get in the way of my enjoyment, even if I am a tourist myself.

>Old people are the best, much better than the tourists and millennials that infest the city center.

Agreed.

Yeah, rocks, gravy deserts and mold, so breathtaking!

Because they're not here because they like the country, they're here because it's what's "trendy" right now, and it has cool sights you can use as backgrounds for your selfies.
Seriously, most of them can´t even comprehend what a path is, and trample through the fragile nature in winter boots, throwing their trash around and shitting in the fucking bushes. It's abhorrent.
Quads confirm, fuck millennials.

Fucking dumb. I bet I could get more ouf of a day trip in Iceland than these fucks in a week.

I bet they dont even bother trying to talk to the locals for other reason than getting laid when the best source of culture is right there, not in the buildings.

>they dont even bother trying to talk to the locals for other reason than getting laid
Most of they time they don´t even talk, they just assume all the locals are sluts because Iceland is more sexually open than their home countries. And the main reason for that is that when everyone knows everyone, you can't really keep relationships a secret. There are hundreds of stories of Icelandic women being harassed by foreign men who think they're hot shit when really they're just weird.

Thats a bit dumb tbqh, but normies will be normies.

To be honest I have been interested in going to Iceland but it would be for work. I mean the tourism sector with its bad aspects probably generates a lot of jobs and I think you guys are lacking manpower to handle all these normies.

I cant speak Icelandic (would be happy to learn though, we get Icelandic tourists here and the language is so qt) but I am fluent in English and French and can handle myself in Spanish/Portuguese. Dabbled a bit in Norwegian too bt not enough to have a conversation.

And keep it that way. We don't need tourism.

I contracted some nasty dick disease after a one night stand in Reykjavik. Pissed barbwire for two weeks straight.

Fuck Iceland, I hope Katla erupts real soon.

Well, they have volcanos and shit and many of them are middly active. I would like to see that.

icelandreview.com/news/2015/07/23/man-arrested-allegedly-passing-hiv

>RÚV has since confirmed initial reports that the man in question is a Nigerian asylum seeker who came to Iceland last August.

Iceland? More like Aidsland.

Going to Iceland in a few months

What are the chances to get a qt blonde, racemixing Icelandic gf by being 6'3'' tanned, strong balkanigger

But what about tourism money?
Don't you want some of the sweet anglobucks you could get with little investment?
Why don't you want your whole country to become like the Côte d'Azur? ;^))))))

Holy hell.

Anyway, moral of the story is: Don't fuck girls you've met at the club called Austur without using double rubber.

Fuck tourism money. It only brings immigrants to our regions, destroy the environment and increases the unemployment rate.

>the retired brits buying properties in southern France inflating the prices in rural areas in Camargue now seem like a lesser evil
why did things have to go this wrong

Come to Azerbaijan.

>annoyed that my country is so fucking expensive.

yeah, what went wrong?

How long would you say it would take for a norwegian to learn icelandic? I don't know shit yet the two times i have been there i have read the local newspapers and sort of understood about half of it.

Also.. To Icelanders. Is it the same for you? can you understand about half of the Norwegian language?

Iceland is great! I've only been there for work reasons so i have yet to travel anywhere else than Reykjavik.