Your country

Your country
Has school started yet?

>be me
>went to sleep 4am yesterday
>woken up at 7 am by some kid crying because school started today
>mfw i'm a NEET wrapped under a warm blanket this cold morning while the underage cuck had to go to school

any fellow neets /comfy/ here while the cucks started school?

Flag
Yes but class stars in the afternoon for me so I have time

>class starts in the afternoon

what the fuck? why?

no in october

>Has school started yet?
I don't even know anymore, I lost track 4 years ago

I'm still on vacation from college. My parents went away, so i'm 9 days home alone.
I'm naked on the living room couch and i just light a big fat joint.
Later.

Every school here has 2 turns, pick afternoon just because uni is easier that way

Flag
No. I think I'm back in on 15th, but I'm not too sure.
Tfw I'm a year closer to my degree
Tfw I'm closer to more money than neets can ever dream of.

>Flag
>We're about to enter practice exams

End my suffering

Why are euros such lazy dipshits? School here starts in january, and the summer break ends in july

School starts in March and ends in December, and winter break is in July for two weeks

You only YOLO once ...

Flag
School yes
College normally starts near the end of september, all though some started now as well

School and post-secondary start around the same date this year, September 6. Back to my 9am-9pm school schedule.

flag
just had a midsem for stats, my midsem for chem is this saturday, and my psychology research group members are retarded. Having fun and getting good grades but these people make me want to soduku

we're 6 weeks in at this point btw

I want to start college in the spring but I'm scared to

>midterm
what the fuck? summer just ended like 2 weeks ago
even the teachers try to kill you in Australia

Why? This is my fifth year (postgrad lmao) and honestly if I could just get student payments for my entire life and do research I'd be happy. University is great. It's comfy yet extremely stimulating.

yeah we don't get our break until about week 8 or 9 as well. For some reason they always push it back like 3/4ths into the second semester. Maybe because that's closer to summer for us, who knows.

Honestly, I have no idea. I just don't wanna fuck it up.
It won't cost me a dime, it's a community college and I have a pre-paid college plan.
I'm also worried it'll be a waste of time. I fell for the IT meme and now I'm very worried for my job security. Will I even be employed after I'm 30 with this career path? I'm not sure, because from what I've heard, you might as well throw your resume in the bin if you're older than 29 in IT.

you're forgetting our summer is australia's winter

I actually have to do an internship right now to finish college but I'm not searching. Comfy life is too comfy.

Internship will come later... Right

ah fuck that's right, I didn't realize the school schedules would be flipped accordingly as well

I'm NEET but i've never felt comfy since i was 15 or so. Back when i went to school or worked, a single day off was like the greatest thing ever, now as a NEET, i have the entire year free and yet i don't do anything productive and feel uncomfy as fuck.

I think the age thing is a meme in itself. There are many memes surrounding degrees, literally every degree has people talking shit about it. You have to find the truth behind it all. Everyone thinks psych is a meme degree, but it's one of the most employable fields in Australia at doctor/masters level. I was hesitant at first, but after doing my own research I realised how wrong everyone is. They seem to only judge it by a bachelor's, which is still useful.

As for IT, if you like it then go for it. Personally I'd do computer science but I know a guy who does IT consulting and essentially lives a great life making lots of money and doing stuff he enjoys.

Flag.
Nope, it start on the 15th.

Also, you know that your parents aren't eternal, right? One day or another you have to work.

A lot of the memes are created by dumb America grads who are dumb because they thought you didn't need to network for STEM or they just chose a degree like History and didn't want to be a teacher.

Comp sci student here finishing up his last year.
If you're thinking of doing IT you might as well do a comp sci program somewhere.
Or even before trying that, try to learn some coding on your own at home. Python is probably the easiest language to write in, and basic tutorials/resources are easy to find on the web.
Don't just read tutorials either, download an ide like netbeans and go along with the tutorial. Try messing around with little things and see what happens to your output.
In my experience people either "get it" or they don't when it comes to programming.
If you give it an honest effort and it's just a complete pain to write anything and isn't enjoyable at all consider another line of work.
When you get into industry the idea is to always be improving your skills and keeping up with new stuff to stay marketable.

So if I go History there's literally nothing else for me other than teaching?

I didn't just choose IT on a whim for money, computers have been my life since I was about 10. I'm very much experience in the field, especially with systems administration with a focus in linux

I've dabbled in programming and scripting. The problem is, if I don't have a specific problem I need to solve it bores me to tears and I lose interest immediately. For example, recently having installed gentoo, my FN keys no longer work. So I wrote a quick and dirty python program to do it for me from the command line. You enter a percent amount and that's what it sets the screen brightness to. If it's something out of an exercise book it might as well be a lullaby.

My other problem is I get way too caught up in the details of a program to program well. I wind up thinking "is this the best implementation I could be doing?" or they'll have exercises like "write a program that will concatenate the words 'dick' and 'butt'" and I'll wind up going "Why does it need to be hard-coded? Why can't I choose my own words?" and I try to do stuff that's out of my league and I give up.

Or sometimes the exercises will ask me to do stuff that I'm quite certain they haven't even covered in the book yet and I have no idea how to implement them

it's not for a lack of trying

another problem I have with learning a programming language is the books teach me how to write in the language, but they don't teach me how to program, if that makes sense. Almost all of them assume prior experience with programming languages.

"Yeah great I can write a for loop in C... now what? What can I do with it? I know what it's for, but what else is there?"
"I have this idea/problem that would be perfect for programming, and I know a language, but I have no idea where to start or how to implement it."

I've (begun to) read SICP, and the parts I understand are simply fascinating and eye-opening, but otherwise it's way too technical and has the prior-understanding issue I mentioned earlier.

I just need a book that teaches me programming fundamentals before I feel I can learn a language.

It's like trying to read a "Learn Italian" book that's written in spanish when I only speak english.

gonna bump this for hopefully an answer

Basically. You could be an academic, or a government clerk/public servant. I mean there are plenty of things you could do but they'd require networking and the most linear path is teaching.

Yeah, but I'm not comfy, I'm lonely and suffering.

I know what you mean