>qutebrowser is better anyway
why are you not using qutebrowser

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ccd0/Sup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Firefox now violates your freedoms
how so?
>qutebrowser is better
The only thing qutebrowser does better is the vim style keyboard shortcuts and memory/CPU usage.
It has no extensions, its slower, and it's a pain in the ass to configure.
I use it on my misc. computers that are lying around the house, but it isn't viable for your main browser.

Because every two weeks, some user asks me the same thing about another obscure browser, which is basically just firefox or chrome with even more botnet

This browser is too unfriendly for the 99% of underage posters this board has.

firefox installed that extension onto everyones browsers a few weeks back without our permission.
>the only thing it does better is keyboard shortcuts and memory/CPU usage
that is 90% of browser quality
>hard to configure
look up a guide

Waterfox with a vim plugin is enough for me so if I let someone use my browser he can still use the mouse like a normie.

Mozilla only installed that Mr robot thing for users that had telemetry or some other "help Mozilla test out new features" setting enabled. I never had any issues with it

I also have a r5 1600 and 16gb of ram, so I don't actually care about how much memory/cpu the browser uses. As long as it's fast, I'm satisfied.

>mozilla says they arnt going to have intrusive ads.
>they have intrusive ads
its not that hard to understand
>i dont care about optimization
have fun using windows

like I said, I didn't have any intrusive ads. I think what Mozilla did was shitty, but my freedoms were not violated.
And if you're so concerned about resource usage why don't you just use w3m? Its fucking retarded to have a powerful computer and then purposely install slow software just because its "optimized." I'm all for minimal software, but not when it's functionally worse than the alternatives.

what kind of animal is this user?

>spends thousands on computer just so he wont have to think about the software he uses

it has webkit dependencies.

Why the fuck are you coming onto Sup Forums to shill your browser? I already gave a fair comparison of the pros and cons of qutebrowser compared to firefox, but you seem to have taken it personally for some reason.

jewtube doesn't play on qutebrowser
I know it's bad but I can't live comfy without google botnet

Only if you consider QtWebEngine/Chromium to be WebKit.

Only if you have a QtWebEngine without proprietary codec support installed (or QtWebKit and you don't have the necessary gstreamer codecs).

It's in very active development and the config file constantly changes. I don't want to use it until most of the features are implemented or there is a good way of maintaining the config.
Also there is still no per domain settings so no noscript yet. Also no way of syncronizing history across multiple devices.

I was using it until I switched to Brave

It actually does, but the recommended way is to play in external player and qutebrowser actually offers a nice way of doing this.

then use waterfox

Because I'm using the best browser. Brave.

anyone want to explain to a brainlet how i can get greasemonkey scripts to work in qutebrowser?

Greasemonkey is bloat ware and you shouldn't be using it

Using it right now. Only downside is finding a way to make it remember passwords and IDs (I know there's a script for that, but I can't be arsed right now)

i just want Sup Forums-x for my browser desu
are there non-bloat ways to make this place more useable?

its python on top of shit

no webextensions support => no ublock, no umatrix, no cookie autodelete, no canvas blocker, no... => no privacy

github.com/ccd0/Sup Forums-x/pull/1743/files

FWIW it has a built-in adblocker and you can block canvas reading via an option to QtWebEngine.

Run it from git and put them in data/greasemonkey/
Still no support for script that use @require, regexs in @include or cross domain xhr requests.
Sup Forums-x works.

>not using luakit
what, are you all pythonfags?

but i am

thanks bois, u da best

What ever happened to NetRunner?

>What ever happened to NetRunner?
It's finished

(the logo I mean)

>how so?
Firefox has been innundated with privacy leaking configurations for years now. None are as egregious as chrome or the like, they just leak tidbits through things like safesearch and whatnot.

as of late some have been removed by mozilla and nearly all the rest can be disabled in about:config, but there are still quite a few

Using a fork like icecat is the easiest option, since they remove the most blatant of intrusions and the smaller ones can be disabled at your whim

I would but the adblocker is shit

I use both. qutebrowser is extremely good, but it feels like something is missing.

Anything you recommend disabling for someone who still likes using firefox? Always worth being prepared.

>using python
post performance, RAM/CPU usage

Search github for about: config and youll find stuff. One i rarely see mentioned is i disable css visited links so sites cant 'read' history through it. Plus its judt ugly

Can someone explain to me (a dumb fuck that usually lurks fglt ) how to install userscripts?

>Alt+F4
>if you like this answer, post bob and vagene

Do you mean greasemonkey javascript userscripts or the onea that are like shell scripts that are spawned off?

can qutebrowser play 720p videos on youtubd

it's chromium based

>not using textbased browsers
fags.