Remember when people could use old computers for web browsing? What the fuck happened?

Remember when people could use old computers for web browsing? What the fuck happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

2bit.neocities,org
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Javascript

This
fuck javascript and whoever made javascript and whoever uses javascript in his website
not only it's a slow piece of shit, but it's also an insecure piece of shit

fuck this gay earth how the fuck did PHP and Javascript even become common?

>whoever made javascript

I've got some news for you, user.

isn't he the guy who also made brave?

fuck that guy and his WIDE TEUTONIC FOREHEAD

Sup Forums made him a martyr a few years ago, after he was fired from Mozilla for being an anti-gay activist.

browsers became an operating systems on it's own with huge hardware requirements

This would also explain why modern web-design sucks so much. Too much applet abuse and it takes a while to load even the simplest site. And every fucking mainstream commercial site HAS to have it nowadays making finding the simplest thing on the site a chore. Worst of all, it's used to invade your privacy for "muh better service"

What do normies see in this tacky script anyway? And what is it this modern web-design cliches; all white backgrounds, dull not-bauhaus fonts, playskool-colored list-columns. It's feels condescending to me.

yes I know I sound autistic for complaining but I just had to get it off my chest

yeah dude website design totally looked better in the 2000s lol

Who gives a fuck about him being anti faggots or not?

this is Sup Forums not Sup Forums you're supposed to idolize people if they're good programmers not for their political positions

See
Also hotlinking & distribed content, see webm.

fpbp

>caring about good programming
Are you new here or something?

>Remember when people could use old computers for web browsing?
No

hey grandpa while youre complaining about javascript, do you mind checking your email through MUTT? I sent you some nice retirement homes you might like

He didn't get fired, he quit

He was not fired from Mozilla and he is not an anti-gay activist you fucking imbecile

made me sick

>*you're

It's the same thing I've been asking myself.

How the fuck could a browser with 10 active tabs use more RAM than 3DCoat with a 65+Mil poly sculpt?

Have you measured it?

>Remember when people could use old computers for web browsing?
They still can.
t. someone with a computer from 2011 that wasn't great even back then

That said, RAM usage has grown as fuck and I blame , separated processes and giant compiled CSS libraries

I lately did with Blender and it turns out that Blender uses around 150 Rams while le Browser takes about 4x the amount.

People like (You) are why tech is a shithole

If the thread is still here, tomorrow, I'll give proper numbers (not at home at the moment).

Actually the 23 5 example makes kind of sense, given that the second + is n unary signed operator (just like - could be) so it converts the string to a number, because strings have no operation where they can be negated or left positive.

holy shit thats dude's forehead is HALF his god damn face

It is actually better than it was. Even the most cancerous script in the world is better than website built using flash or java applets.

At least now some pages works without it. Also it is worth to check mobile versions - they are usually lightweight.

2011 is not old
1997 is old

>it is worth to check mobile versions
They are usually some JS "apps" as well instead of being some pages.

Too bad most mobile websites are poorly desinged for desktop use these days, what with fuckhuge text and buttons and a layout that is only readable on a narrow monitor so that the site can reasonably work with inaccurate capacitive touchscreens and the fattest of fingers. Hell many of these websites won't even work on dumbphones or early pre-2011 smartphones due to memory usage.

The only thing a mobile website will do is instead of using 5MB of your data plan it uses 4MB, think of the savings!

I only have 5 pinned tabs, reddit, feedly, twitter and Sup Forums.
Despite being very simplistic links aggregators and text based sites they use as much RAM as GTAV, this is insane.

P H E N O T Y P E

2bit.neocities,org

This site uses no PHP or Java, looks really good and loads in two seconds. More sites should be designed like this one.

PHP used to be shit before 7.0, but now it's a lot better, but yeah fuck JavaScript.

>Even the most cancerous script in the world is better than website built using flash or java applets.
Well, you can't block JS as effectively and you are expected to have JS activated everywhere, so I'm going to go with "no".

Wife's 12 year old c2d dell laptop still going strong. Browses the web just fine.

I can top that.