Emergency missile alert issued by accident in Hawaii today

Emergency missile alert issued by accident in Hawaii today.
Open source emergency alert system when?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42677604
f-droid.org/packages/app.librenews.io.librenews/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Big if true

>implying a missile isn't a drill

literally nothing

MORE MISSILES!
*slides*

Does this mean my anime will be cancelled?

No. You have nothing to worry about.

> Hawaii sends out missile alert by mistake

thank god, now we don't have to mobilize Sup Forums's stock of 0 days to bring fiery cyberhellstorm onto the internet for canceling the animes.

crisis averted.

that's pretty funny

f-droid.org/packages/app.librenews.io.librenews/

now when the real one comes everyone will just assume it was another accident

Wait you guys have 0 days left?
I thought they were all gone after accelspammer

>THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

Guess they'll have to append THIS IS NOT A MISTAKENLY ISSUED ALERT in the future.

people are saying now on twitter that a U.S navy ship took down a missile within a few thousand km of hawaii.
they are testing the debris for radiation now to see if it was real or just an out of control test with no warhead.

Well at least WW3 will stop cryptocurrency miners

ipv6 is in reality a series of giant gaping holes in the internet were exploits seep out.

>retards say retarded bullshit
why am I not surprised?

Everything has a silver lining. Might also loot one of those Chinese mining farms too

ww3 is how the central banks kill bitcoin

>ww3
more like fake "missile attack" to justify invasion of NK.
>Go ahead goyim. Spread some freedom in there and make sure to build a central bank in there for me.

>people on twitter say

...a lot of bullshit.
Which isn't bad. I'm really the last guy that would want to forbid them to do that, but you should take that into consideration when assessing the reliability of information on Twitter.

>tfw you will never go on a mission with a team of obese bearded Sup Forumsentoomen, Sup Forumsirgins, and /k/ommandos to the irradiated hellwastes of post nuclear WWIII China
>tfw you will never raid the lost mining facilities and recover the thousands of GPUs there
>tfw you will never be seen as the savior of all basement dwelling losers

Why even live desu famalam

ships can take down fucking missiles?

>not turning off all emergency alerts

???

Yes.

>THIS IS NOT A DRILL

OK, who of you did this?

>tfw never received an emergency alert, ever
I wonder if it even works here...

they just don't care about you

what the fuck else would they be there for?
keeping pirates at bay?
fuck m8 those ships are there to extend range of radar, keep chinkmissles from hitting the mainland and strike back in the event that an asswooping is was ordered. do you want fries with that strike back? drive through please, no checks allowed.

> mfw the govt. trolling the fuck out of people
> mfw soyboys and skronk womenz screaming and crying
> mfw parents hiding kids in storm drains

Conditioning deez plebz for tehhrroz

Alright fine, I guess I'll come clean. It was me. I did it.

This.

o-oh

>N. Korea hacked Hawaiian EMA to cry wolf so when they do it for real they'll get maximum casualties
Clever.

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

I get radar but how in the fuck can a ship take down a misile traveling at zillions of km/h at high altitude?

With another missile. Wake up this isn't 1960 anymore.

ever take highschool physics?
now extend that but add hundreds of billions of dollars on making missiles that hit other missiles and 50 years of work.

that'd do it no?

I thought they used computer guided lasers now?

American IQ 80

no, that's mostly a meme. Technically there's like 1 Boeing with an on-board laser for that but I think it's barely operational

>This ignorant about modern weaponry
I bet your main fire arm is still an M1 garand

Disappointing. Was hype for that shit after watching a documentary with my dad years back.

how do you get stuff like this on android?

Download "Move to iOS"

Settings > Sound > Emergency Alert

They just turn the atoms off user

Interesting that their source for that picture is just Twitter, not the specific user.

Ignore what people said. Thaad is a meme, it never worked and never will. Ships can't take down ICBMs outside of very specific and controlled tests that don't represent real world scenarios.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooo$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ooo
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
o$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$o
$$$$$ $$$" "$$$$$" "$ $ $ "$ $$$$$" "$ "$ $$$
$$$$" "$$ $$oo$$$$$ $$oo$ $$$$ $$$$ " $$$$$ $$ $ " $$$
o$$$$ $ $$o "$$$$$o "$ $$ $ $$$$$ $$ $ $$$o
$$$$ o $""$$ $$$$$""$$ $ $$$$ $$$$ o $$$$$ $$ $ o $$$$
$$$$ $$$ $o o$$$$$o o$ $ $ $o $$$$$o o$ $o $$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""$$$$$$$$$$$$""""""""""""$$$$
$$$$ "$$$$$$$$$$" o$$$$
$$$$ "$$$$$$$$" o$$$$$
$$$$ $$$$$$$$ $$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$ $$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$ $$$$ $$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$ "$$" $$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$o "" o$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$o o$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$o o$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$o o$$$$$$$$$$$$
"$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$"
$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
"$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$"
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
"""$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$"""
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Keely M. Swenson

Not for ballistic missiles but they are cool tech anyways. Go read about the Phalanx CIWS.

Basically it's a big ass gun system on ships for taking out anti-ship missiles by filling the sky with as much lead as is possible. They fire 50 20mm rounds a second, and there are multiple ones on almost every US Navy ship iirc.

Very comfy.

>a bunch of know-nothing ameriburgers speculating wildly and LARPing for keks

wow

If there are more than two users posting the same image, they don't need to specify who's picture they are using.

how did this happen
i demand an investigation

Ships shot down a "malfunctioning" satellite too.

hawaiianon here
there was people hiding under bridges and in basement and drinking rare 100 year old wiskey and huddling in bathrooms ect

ciws sucks ass and has never been successfully used

Ships can't mid course intercept an icbm lol

where would you even get these alerts? all my devices run non botnet systems and i have not seen anything like this on them.

>save drink for possible end of life
>sorry guys just a mistake
>wasted final drink
>tfw no face

>>tfw you will never raid the lost mining facilities and recover the thousands of GPUs there

underrated

Fuck i get them for snow and heavy in the fog here in the UK...

They're sent via local cell towers to any capable devices. I know older devices aren't able to receive them but most smartphones can.

>how did this happen
>i demand an investigation
It probably worked exactly as intended.
Incoming missile was shot down.
Now everyone is saying it was a false alarm in order to avoid a panic, and avoiding to actually act like a nation in defense of its borders, retaliate, and nuke those fuckers back to the trilobite age.

>THIS IS NOT A DRILL
>it actually is
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

I live in Hawaii and got this message on my phone this morning, it sucked thinking you only had minutes to live.

Where did you hide and what did you bring with you out of curiosity?

Why would you want to be totally ignorant of a fucking emergency retard?

Shot down by the missile defense system that is completely untested and known to not be reliable at all?

But I guess whatever it takes for you to try and fit in...

>not notified about any missile attacks
kek, darwinism at its finest

I believe in my country they'd just send an SMS.

It basically can't. If you cannot get to it in the early stages right after takeoff when it is still going slow, your chances of actually intercepting steadily go down to 0.

We have nothing that could reliably do this once the missile actually reaches altitude and speed.

>Emergency missile alert issued by accident in Hawaii today.
>accident

oh shit, here we go

It's funny because a shelter won't protect you

wat

Mine is setup differently and not there

Those are different settings actually.
Android mostly doesn't support the emergency broadcast systems. It needs to be baked into the devices being sold in the specific regions.

Possibly doesn't. Not a lot of countries actually implement those broadcast systems, it's different to SMS.

Project Star Wars

Doesn't work.

that's fucked up man, i was already jumping on one foot at the thought of amerifats getting blown up

Actually, the zenith would be one of the better times to catch it, because during boost phase it's still accelerating, so you need to launch something that accelerates faster than it to hit it, even worse you're starting from a distance.

As soon as the boost phase ends the missile immediately starts decelerating and will be at its lowest velocity at the zenith of its arc, that's where it would be easiest to hit.

We have missile systems that can hit practically anything that high, because you don't need to launch something as big as an ICBM to take out the ICBM, it's much easier to get a smaller warhead up to that altitude.

You're fairly correct about the later stages though. Though the missile continues to travel in a ballistic arc making the trajectory easy to calculate they reach ludicrous speed on the way down.

Pretty sure if we actually shot down an ICBM the authorities responsible and especially POTUS would be crowing about it on every media platform available. Save the conspiracy shit for when we actually have some evidence.

An open source EAS wouldn't stop the tard in charge from making a bad announcement

The approach speeds for mid course are faster than chemical reactions, you need hit to kill and it's basically like rolling a dice
Are mid course interceptors even deployed in the Pacific?

wat

Japan has some.

Ham radio is probably the closest to this anyone will ever come out with.