Thermal paste

Are you supposed to use the entire tube of thermal paste that is supplied?

Cause my friend did. 8^|

Yes. Power on.

As long as it's not conductive paste, sure, it won't be that much of a problem, maybe a few degrees hotter than it should, but otherwise fine.

You're not supposed to use it on normal motherboards, but looks like that one is a military gaming grade one with a Turbo Socket, you're supposed to use the entire tube to get the CPU-Heatsink conductivity level to extreme military gaming spec.

hopefully its not conductive but I'd clean it up and reapply via the dot method

One tube on the die, another tube on the heatsink.

any kind of 'paste' is fine, doesn't have to specifically say thermal, thats just marketing buzzwords. eg tomato paste would work

Toothpaste leaves you with a minty scented air freshener.
Don't use mayonnaise though, that's worse than no paste at all.

>maybe a few degrees hotter than it should
If the heatsink is properly designed it doesn't make a difference. Excess paste is pushed out.

no big deal, all good.

intel cpus are so shit that it doesn't matter, you could shit on and slap a heatsink, doesn't matter, they're using jew cum between die and IHS anyway, even if you put high quality TIM it won't make a difference

enjoy your intel ME backdoor, undocumented x86 instructions (but documented very well for CIA use), convenient bugs and weaknesses (by design(tm)), and windows 10 botnet

Then two slices of bread. One over the heatsink and one behind the board.

you're supposed to apply it this way

lost

Is that shit still conductive these days?
I know the old ones had silver in em.

You're supposed to put it in the CPU socket, then put the cpu in the socket for best protection.

Intel chips need more, it will overheat otherwise.

"any kind" you say....

oh god lol

>This is now bait
>The absolute state of Sup Forums

mayonnaise is ok if mixed with ketchup 2:1 beforehand

It will actually work better than without any paste at all (fully going in dry), tested.

The worst part is that my friend even got some help from a computer-savvy to put it on.

>2018
>internet access
>unfamiliar with something
>not googleing or yt it to make an idea how to do it