How to fix CS degree

CS has become a meme degree with plebs getting the degree en masse when they really shouldn't, here are some quick steps to fix CS:

- Abolish CS degree and replace it with two degree variants
1) Electrical Engineering with a Software Engineering track, EE/SE is too regimented and too much work for plebs to survive, if you get a decent grade then you really deserve it
2) Mathematics degree with a Computer Science track, Math/CS will be too intellectual for plebs, if you get a decent grade then you really are smart
- Relegate meme-tier skillsets like "webdev" (/wdg/) to vocational schools, alongside toilet plumbers and garbagemen

This will prevent plebs from graduating with a "Computer Science" degree without knowing how to code or how to do basic mathemathical proofs. As a Sup Forumsuy with a Bachelors and Masters in CS, I am NOT proud of my degree and this is my honest 2¢ on fixing this problem. I will forever carry this shame of being a "CS major" throughout the rest of my life.

Kill the "everyone needs to learn coding" meme.

>do CS beginner subject
>two very challenging yet very rewarding assignments (image recognition of captcha-like digits, amnesic trader bot in a virtual, competitive economy)
>20% of 1000 person cohort drop out

>next sem, same subject
>first assignment is a fucking timezone converter
>second is Uno simulation, in groups
They're dumbing it down too far. They need to weed out all the people who aren't willing to put in effort to either learn or get help. Now, babby can become certified programmer.

No, we need to let this industry fester and rot itself into the ground so it can be reborn from the ashes.

Fuck people who pour into software jobs with absolutely no passion or curiosity to play with bits in their free time, or even keep up with technology after their college education.

Why didn’t you just do pure physics or maths then.

Just do a boot camp if you want to learn to “code”

No.
Computer science is for people who want to suck dick for subsidy because they can't apply the field any other way except by either scam or dick sucking.

I only got into CS because I wanted to make video games.

Stop crying and finish your degrees. Fucking chumps

For practical reasons, CS was a minimum requirement for many jobs years ago, only recently do some companies only require bootcamp so that wasn't an option when I got into CS. Having a CS degree effectively gets your "foot in the door" after which you need to prove your pro/g/ramming chops and technical know-how.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, many plebs get into CS thinking it's easy money. I saw a few chavs during my freshmen year, along with that kid who plays video games in front of the class, and never saw them past the introductory classes.

We both got into CS because we didn't have any other choice. Why work twice as hard in EE only to get fewer opportunities out the door than a CS major? Life sucks and is unfair.

Or you know, you can fix your CS degrees so they don't look like a joke. Really, americans degrees just train you to be a code monkey, nothing else. It's understandable that they are hiring Patel and Pajeet over Michael there, they all have the same knowledge, but Patel and Pajeet costs the same as Michael.

>Psychology
>Shit Tier
The person who made this list is probably butthurt about Psychologists fucking their self-esteem up yet making more bank for nothing but sitting with retarded confused people and talking with them.
A good enough psychologist will be able to play you in circles and make you suicide even if you are an overly intelligent Unbelievable tier member.

List becomes shit itself when you meet an expert level person in any of the tiered fields.

Was that a meme or is computer engineering considered better then a degree in mathematics?

psychology isn't a real science

neither is law. Still a good career and plenty of money to make. What is your point? Why would anyone only want to study hard sciences? Are you interested in them or trying to make a living?

But a quality computer science program is already based on applied mathematics. The real problem isn't limited to CS, but the idea that every slob needs a degree from some diploma mill to fund administration frivolity.

The only way this would be fixed is with country wide unionization and people advocating en masse for on the job training again instead of paying upwards of $10,000USD for the privilege of getting a mediocre craft indoctrination instead of a real, classically inclined education. But that will obviously never happen, because our K-12 education gets more and more gutted each and every year in the overwhelming majority of cases which means that very few people have the critical thinking skills to recognize the real issue, and instead continue to advocate against their interests regardless of which side of the non-existant politcal divide they (or their families) find themselves on. Both sides are working to further the us versus them narrative, which should be 99.999% of people organizing to remove the extreme corruption in business and politics instead of MUH DRUMPFKINS versus MUH LIBKEKS.

You're all niggers to me.

CS as a reputation has been ruined. The only way to reform it is to abolish CS, leave all current CS degree holders out in the wild (because their degree effectively no longer exists or is rapidly depreciating in value), and raise up a new generation of EE/SE and Math/CS graduates to lead the tech industry.

Oh fuck off. Go back to Sup Forums moron

Yet Aerospace Engineers have to pass by a Psychologist to be able to do their shit, always at the behest of the psychologist's approval.
What now dumbfuck brainlet?

Let's see what else, using AE as a litmus:
An Aerospace Engineer also has to suck the dick of Business Management controlling them.
An Aerospace Engineer also gets his salary based on how effective marketing in his field is.
He gets sidelined by any Military matters.
His tax and salary also get affected by politicians, usually people who study political science/ctiminal justice & law, accounting.
His dumb ass can't do shit without support of various Computer Programing support and Security ensuring him.
I can go on. Point is, you are not worth dog shit by yourself.

Honestly, computer science should just be considered a branch of mathematics, just like chemistry is a branch of science.

Chemistry is alchemy

Thanks for reading my shitpost

>want to treat the root problem instead of an esoteric symptom while also being an advocate against the meme narratives found on Sup Forums
>get told to go back to Sup Forums
How's that meme degree working out for you, friend?

Software engineering needs to be treated like straight magic because that's what it is.
People certainly act like it is.

My university didn't even offer computer science, so I did an IT degree. This basically lacked the entire engineering component of computer science, but in addition there was a business component. What this meant is I know people who structured their entire degree around the business subjects and graduated having done a single introductory class on coding.

Any applied mathematics major is already Math/CS degree. Do you think they multiply matrices by hand? Python, R and Julia is all the rage. Same for EE.

Whats meme are all the new code-monkey degrees with 1 year boot-camp to learn the latest JS framework.

t. Mental masturbator who believes shit with no practical application is more valuable