Gpu and ran prices are so fucking bonkers that prebuilts are a viable budget option now

>gpu and ran prices are so fucking bonkers that prebuilts are a viable budget option now

Yup, just bought a machine from Best Buy today because of this. It's actually cheaper and available.

Bitcoin mining was invented by prebuilt sites to increase revenue

At peak last year miners used to buy entire prebuilts, pull out the gpu (rx 470/480) and sell the rest

>shitzen
nope.jpg

30%

prebuilt sites were increased by invented revenue because of mining bit coin. ;)

updooted :^)

if you bought that it wouldnt ship until the cards were back in stock in which case the card itself would be a normal price

PC building is dead.

We knew this day would come.

I never imagined that fake money would ruin one of my hobbies. What a timeline.

What happens when minefags discover this?
> buy prebuilt
> remove GPU
> stick old mine raped GPU
> sell

It's been done, Microcenter had deals on good budget gaming PCs with 480s, miners bought the stock and sold them card less.

>buy GPU
>get a free PC with it

>prebuilts are now cheaper than pc building
Shits crazy. Buy it all before those retailers jack it up.

the worlds gone insane.

Same here
God damn it but shipping is shite.

Bitcoin is blatantly a pyramid scheme.

I have an i5 4690k still. I think I'm gonna buy a prebuilt, sell the GPU, the 4690k, maybe the case and PSU if anyone will take it, keep my 970 and get a nearly free upgrade.

wtf u can actually just sell the card in the prebuilt. this industries gone full retard.

How does AMD still predict drops in revenue when every GPU they can make sells immediately?

This is the first time I remember this being the case. I looked at a prebuilt "gaming" pc at walmart and felt sick. I bought a 1070 last year. I could have had a 1080 and saved a lot. The only thing my current one had over it was double the ram and a 6tb hd of top of the ssd. I can't remembers specifics, but by the time I bought an OS and such I probably have $2500 in my current machine.

I'm not hurting financially, but I would have a lot of money to spend on other shit if I'd waited a year and bought pre built.

The same reason Tesla is always sold out of shit but has still lost money every single quarter since it began

thats profit not revenue
a drop in revenue would mean people are buying less from them

They have stated they purposely don't factor crypto into thier forecasts. If (when) the bubble crashes, the extra money they spent in capital to meet demand would be wasted, as demand would go back to pre-mining levels.

Get an Alienware Aurora actually it's nicer and run by Dell

Not for long! Last mining craze the prebuilts were bought up just for the GPUs

They know that crypto is just a bubble, which will be over by the time they roll up new fabs.

And what's the reason for that?