Should I fall for the zune meme? Are they worth it?

Should I fall for the zune meme? Are they worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Portable-MP3-LCD-Screen-Metal-Mini-Clip-MP3-Player-With-Micro-TF-SD-Card-Slot-sport/32518837032.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you are 10 years late on this

No if you want to waste money on a dedicated mp3 player get an older ipod and upgrade the hard drive to an SSD or a Card reader.

still using my 64gb HD as a daily driver. good little device.

Still gave my 32GB HD that I got the day it was released. Solid PMP. Don't use it much anymore though as I'm rarely someplace where I need one these days.

*have

1. how much are they
2. what formats do they play
3. how is the software / if it's shit can you put rockbox or whatever on it
4. how's the dac

aliexpress.com/item/Portable-MP3-LCD-Screen-Metal-Mini-Clip-MP3-Player-With-Micro-TF-SD-Card-Slot-sport/32518837032.html

just get this

Ehh. I know you autists are in to carrying around extra devices but really. If you're going to do this just buy a minidisc player and do it in style.

This wouldn't last long. If you want to get cheap chink player, get a decent one like Benjie, Ruizu, etc

literally the only portable iboc (HD Radio) radio in recent memory. all others are car stereo systems

Nah, rockbox an iPod

I just keep mine in my car. don't really like using a phone/big device just to change a song.

These are still around?

Not comparable at all.

Lost my 32 gig Zune HD and I've been sad ever since. Its been hell managing my playlists and music on my phone and my phone is too big to carry like my zune comfortably. Battery is a whole other thing to manage.

>minidisc
>not DAT
Enjoy your shitty compressed music

Too bad it didn't catch on, I'd take a cassette over an optical disk any day.

>portable dat players

No thanks. Trash.

>not carrying around a old playstation suspended in a gravitational field and one of those binders full of CDs in sleeves.

Just use your phone, you retard.

they were great for the time, but not worth it now since it is reliant on a application that has been abandoned by msoft.
just use your phone or someshit, don't know if any player is worth it unless you want some niche shit to listen to your midis/m4as/wav files

>touchscreen
Ew

you are right
every phone should have track forward/back buttons on the sides

you should get a kin

Or just use your phone as a normal person.

This. Better spend more money on things that'd longer rather spending less on things that don't.

i own a zune. it's been working for 10 years.

original batterry life was 6hrs, it's only 2-3 hrs now

still works amazing. can't complain. get a case. the software also needs a bit older windows (winxpsp3+). i think it works in win 7 also. it's a pain in the ass updating songs but on the go it's a good player. lnly worth it if u havve 120gb model

IfYouHadAZuneIHateYou

I have a 32gb HD and its solid:
>good sounding audio conversion (better than similar gen itouch)
>drop proof
>audio port still works
>has survived at least 3 washing machine cycles

There's a reason Zunes still go for so much on eBay

Great PMP. Not sure how much they go for these days but the DAC competes with modern smartphones and the headphone amp is far superior.

That said, it's not as good as a Walkman A15 in any way. Best PMP.

Are either of those any good? I think the one on the left is kind of shit but I think you can put rockbox on it

>in a thread bout a zune with a touchscreen

They're pretty great if you're into single-function devices.

2 years daily usage so far

This. I dont think this aftermarket support exits for the zune.

I spent $90 on a 5.5g iPod I found in the trash, stuck in a new battery, and a 128GB card. Works perfectly, and now it sits in my care with my entire music library.

I would suggest adding some weights to it, its super light without the HD. feels cheap, especially after being taken apart.

What year are you living in son? Honestly, like you've got me doubting that I didn't wake up 10 years ago this morning

I never said the Zune was a good idea, I suggested an iPod earlier.

Fuck i remember when these came out Microsoft made a raffle to get one and I actually won one but since im not a burger I couldn't claim it. Zune was really ahead of its time

I have the 120gb and the 30gb first gen and both work just fine with my Win 8.1 laptop mate idk wtf you're talking about sp3 XP

i wish a nigger didnt steal my backpack which had my black 16gb hd in it.