Intel could be forgiven for their product foibles but after the way they acted and blew smoke about this critical...

Intel could be forgiven for their product foibles but after the way they acted and blew smoke about this critical meltdown bullshit really rustled my jimmies. Even if intel wasn't a shit product I will never buy them again simply because it's a piece-of-shit company run by garbage people.

Fuck intel and fuck the people that support them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JbhKUjPRk5Q
theinquirer.net/inquirer/analysis/3023798/intel-arm-and-amd-all-affected-by-meltdown-and-spectre-security-bypassing-cpu-design-flaw
amd.com/en/corporate/speculative-execution
blog.metaobject.com/2018/01/meltdown-patch-reduces-mkfile8.html
theguardian.com/technology/2018/jan/08/meltdown-spectre-slowdowns-fix-processor-flaws-for
techspot.com/article/1556-meltdown-and-spectre-cpu-performance-windows/page2.html
theverge.com/2018/1/12/16884750/meltdown-spectre-intel-patch-reboot-problems
reuters.com/article/us-cyber-security-intel/intel-says-patches-can-cause-reboot-problems-in-old-chips-idUSKBN1F101X
tomshardware.com/news/intel-spectre-bios-crash-broadwell-haswell,36324.html
youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

shame AMD still sucks

You know what, even if that were true which it's not, I don't care. Only a worthless garbage person would support intel in any way and should feel bad and kill themselves.

>which it's not
heh

Cucktel shills must be on their weekend break.

It's a shame AMD doesn't give you weekends off.

I feel the same, even as a long time Intel user. I'm moving the POWER9 for desktop use and AMD for mobile. Even as someone who was never into the fanboy internet bitch fights, I'm fucking pissed. I don't have any specific brand loyalty but this horse shit from Intel has generated a deep disloyalty in their brand, to the point of me moving away from their products. This is seriously horse shit. Completely unacceptable, especially with the way they "helped" with the Windows and Linux kernel patches that fucked over AMD users. What a bunch of pieces of shit.

Ryzen is good though. For anything other than server use, current amd cpus are perfectly good. If you need servers you're shit out of luck and should just get twice as many computers as you have with the same gimped -50% intel xeons.

Can you elaborate on what intel did exactly?
I have no brand loyalty I only want to be informed.

From my experience its always
1) I have intel
2) I want to upgrade, see the news
3) Intel is shit
4) AMD is even more shit and doing the exact same thing like intell
5)Buy intel
6) GOTO (1)
Every fucken time
>b-b-b-b-b its OK if AA-a-a-a-AMD is doing it

Heh

Literally a sheep getting fooled by Intel PR and media into thinking any other CPU suffers from the same bug as Intel.

What is the bad thing from intel now?
No tell me the exact name.
Its always the nebulous unnamed "intel problems" from the AMD shills.

Rogue data cache load.

AMD degenerates are the worst fanboys

Real life tests
AMD fanboys will still shout this kills intel.
Everything to make AMD overpriced potato processors look good.

Meltdown. No AMD cpu, current or old, suffers from such a design flaw.
Intel were cutting corners. They thought, "As long as we don't get caught, we can gain a little speed by ignoring page permissions when loading to cache". Then they got caught.
Turns out their architecture is shit, so when this cheat is worked around, their CPUs are suddenly sitting ducks.

>Meltdown
>Meltdown. No AMD cpu
Classic AMD fanboy lies.

theinquirer.net/inquirer/analysis/3023798/intel-arm-and-amd-all-affected-by-meltdown-and-spectre-security-bypassing-cpu-design-flaw
>While Meltdown onlt affects Intel chips, another similar problem has been found to affect ARM and AMD chips as well as Intel CPUs
>AMD

>Meltdown only affects Intel chips
Learn to read.

Yes.
And you have a differently named exploit for AMD.

which intel has aswell you dumb nigger.

Old kernel, no microcode update do you even Linux mate?

amd.com/en/corporate/speculative-execution
TL;DR: AMD is immune to Meltdown and Spectre variant 3.
AMD is only affected by Spectre variant 1 and might be affected by variant 2, but extremely difficult to exploit and no proof of concept exists.
A workaround for variant 1 is already deployed in popular OSs. A workaround for the variant 2 is available via microcode update.
Unlike Meltdown and Intel's patches, these workarounds do not cause massive performance regressions nor system stability problems like random reboots.

What part of AMD is doing the same shit don't you understand?

What part of
"AMD is doing the same shit"
don't you understand?

>Unlike Meltdown and Intel's patches, these workarounds do not cause massive performance regressions
>cause massive performance regressions
>cause massive performance regressions

Meanwhile in the real world.

AMD fanboys everyone.

>And you have a differently named exploit for AMD.
Wrong again. That's for both intel and amd: Spectre.
Intel is affected to meltdown + spectre variants 1, 2, 3. Exploits exist.
AMD is affected by spectre variant 1 and might be affected by variant 2, but really hard to exploit. No proof of concept exists.
AMD workaround are available, stable and do not cause noticeable performance regressions.
Intel workarounds are available only for some CPU models, unstable and cause massive performance regressions.
See >"AMD is doing the same shit"
You got cucked by Intel PR.
They benchmark Intel. We already know the performance regression is massive for Intel.
AMD is unaffected by Meltdown and the 3rd Spectre variant, which are where Intel's workaround massive slowdowns come from.

>unstable and cause massive performance regressions.
This is simply not true
see
ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbhKUjPRk5Q

>They benchmark Intel.
WOW
AMD fanboy insanity.
Yes they benchmark intel pre-patch VS intel after patch.
How else are you going to see how the patch looks?
What else are they going to benchmark AMD propaganda to AMD propaganda about intel?

GPZ variants 1 and 2 affect or possibly affect pretty much every CPU, from x86 to ARM and even IBM POWER.
GPZ variant 3 which is the real shitshow that can be remotely exploited only affects Intel CPUs.

what are they doing? they have a flaw. ok and? Intel not only has a flaw but they've known about and couldnt care less. thats the problem you dumb nigger.

What AMd fanboys think
>Intel made a flawd achitecture for their procesors.
>Angel (((researchers))) have discovered it and release it into the world to improve everyones lives.

What actual happened
>NSA told Intel and AMD to put in exploits in their CPUs
>All of them did
>They kept their mouths closed for decades about this
>AMD was ass mad because their new ryzen processors suck ass.
>AMD decided to leak or search for this exploit in Intel processors (because they knew exactly what they where looking for)
>ZOMG you GUYz intel processors have a bug.
>intel decided to show the exploit for AMD processors
Only time will tell who can show more hardware backdoors before the NSA tells both of them to STFU or their CEOs are getting shipped to a torturing center.

Who ever thinks thinks this is accidental is a moron.

>This is simply not true
Pff. Get a clue.
>cause massive performance regressions.
Example one: blog.metaobject.com/2018/01/meltdown-patch-reduces-mkfile8.html
Example two: theguardian.com/technology/2018/jan/08/meltdown-spectre-slowdowns-fix-processor-flaws-for
Example three: techspot.com/article/1556-meltdown-and-spectre-cpu-performance-windows/page2.html
>unstable
Example one: theverge.com/2018/1/12/16884750/meltdown-spectre-intel-patch-reboot-problems
Example two: reuters.com/article/us-cyber-security-intel/intel-says-patches-can-cause-reboot-problems-in-old-chips-idUSKBN1F101X
Example three: tomshardware.com/news/intel-spectre-bios-crash-broadwell-haswell,36324.html

Now go back to your cave, soyboi.

ROFL, Intel fanboy got rekt.

AMD INTERNET defense force like fucken clockwork!
>b-b-b-b-b its OK if AMD is doing it
every fucken time!

Remember when ADM fanboys where parading that AMD dose NOT have ANY hardware exploits?!?!?!
Remember these days.
No we are learning AMD has exploits.
What a surprise.

Lets see who gets more exploits (((discovered))) in the next 30 days?
And who has more total exploits after 30 days.

It's time to stop posting, it's getting stale.

> theguardian.com/technology/2018/jan/08/meltdown-spectre-slowdowns-fix-processor-flaws-for
Actually a 404.
>techspot.com/article/1556-meltdown-and-spectre-cpu-performance-windows/page2.html
Are you insane?
Its exactly like in
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbhKUjPRk5Q
1% performance loss dose not even impact anything.
Remember when AMD fanboys bragged
>HAHAHAHA AMd is 0.001% faster intel killer
and after the result came out and intel was 3% faster
>3% is nothing its the margin or error! Who wants the extra 3FPS ?!?!?!

The rest is updates break shit.
WOW no surprise, this was always true since forever where new upedates make things unusable.
The only important one is
>blog.metaobject.com/2018/01/meltdown-patch-reduces-mkfile8.html

You have nothing to counter it wait 30 days and see how patched intel Vs patched AMD look.
Anyone who has seen AMD faonboys in action will quickly realize what peaces of shit they are.

I was predicting AMD will also get exploits like intel.
Stop parading like its still new years where AMD was spotless, they have new exploits and I bet in the end AMD exploits will make it identical to intel.

>amd spotless
Nobody has made such a claim. Nobody is defending AMD here. It's silly how many soybois feel they do need to defend Intel, however.
>wait 30 days and see how patched intel Vs patched AMD look.
AMD isn't going to be affected and require a workaround for Meltdown nor Spectre type 3, even if you wait 30 days.
>I was predicting AMD will also get exploits like intel.
It'll be fun if someone manages to exploit type 2 spectre on AMD, as they've deemed it "near impossible". It reads like a challenge.
However, AMD has issued a microcode update that makes it just impossible rather than near impossible, regardless.

WOW everyone look and see, learn how AMD shills work.
>Spectre type 3,
You keep saying this!
Stop misdirecting people!
Spectre 1 and 2 are on AMD!
Stop pretending or implying they have no exploits by only talking about Spectre2!!!!!!!

*Spectre3

This guy isn't an amd shill, user. Can't you tell?
He's said:
>It'll be fun if someone manages to exploit type 2 spectre on AMD, as they've deemed it "near impossible". It reads like a challenge.
You're sounding desperate, Intel fanboi.

AMD shill trying to downplay Spectre2.
Lets wait and see.
I predict more exploits discovered for AMD making it equal to intel.

>AMD shill trying to downplay Spectre2.
Downplay? He's outright attacking AMD's claim that it is likely not exploitable.
>I predict more exploits discovered for AMD making it equal to intel.
AMD's cache and speculative execution design just happens to be better. But it would be more correct to say Intel's simply terrible. Checking page permissions before speculatively prefetching to cache seems pretty basic and Intel managed to fuck up (that's meltdown 101).

ok

AFAIK the firmware update that fixes Spectre slows down the system more considerably than the meltdown patch.

It is partially true; if you are on Haswell/Broadwell the microcode update can cause CPU-based errors and unexpected restarts. Ivy Bridge-E(N/P/X) and skylake and above are not affected by this problem. Anything earlier did not receive a microcode update. Ivy Bridge-E is obviously most impacted by the patch(OS update+µcode update).

When did Spectre Variant 3/3A and Meltdown became 2 different things?

>Intel could be forgiven for their product foibles
No they couldn't, this is the price of speed over security, they should have never started cutting corners in the first place. They knew the risks.

>YFW LITERALLY EVEN A MELTDOWN GIMPED INTEL IS STILL BETTER THAN AMD
KEK

>i3

AMD fanboys are insane it only takes some time and history watching to see this fact.

The real question is where are the other architectures? Back then there used to be zillions. Now there's x86, x86_64 and the various ARMs.

What are you talking about AMD are the best for server use too.

The problem is amd have mostly died out on the laptop market.
So if "never buy intel again" means "never buy a laptop again", I won't commit to that.

Why do incucks always resort to "buh buh AMD" when intel foibles are mentions? Because they're brainwashed morons and can only resort to intel PR blurbs.

sounds good. except, amd did not have psp untill a few years ago
>They kept their mouths closed for decades about this
.., yeah

Making a comeback with new APUs.

I already knew Intel was scum before it was revealed their chip designs cut corners and are insecure.

Mobile Ryzen with Vega next month.

Recent intel behaviour is just icing on this shitcake.

youtube.com/watch?v=osSMJRyxG0k