/sqt/

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=SQL interview questions
open.spotify.com/album/5NJuQkUp6TGadmgbvqmLwj
superuser.com/questions/275067/how-can-i-get-thumbnails-in-windows-explorer-for-3gp-and-webm-files
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
itsfoss.com/no-grub-windows-linux/
hyperxgaming.com/en/headsets/cloud-gaming-headset
mega.nz/#F!OQwx1DYA!1c0Dkm1VfOPpthg6etuU4g
hackertyper.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tomorrow I will have my first job interview for programmers position. In this case it's junior SQL developer.
Could you please give me a hint where can I find a place that has most common exercises people are asked to do on an interview?

Is the duckduckgo extension malware or useful?

How can I change the background color BEFORE a tab loads in Firefox?

Why should i set up a pfsense router over the one i have now? please explain any network jargon you use.

what font is this?

program: electron app that essentially shows a map with pins at a thousand known locations

what is a suitable way to store and read the locations?
is an sqlite3 database the way to go?

the database will need to be modified by the program also

How do I acquire a small AM/FM radio jammer to jam certain radio stations? Just need to jam a radio at work.

I'm not an expert, but from what I find i3-4160 has more or less the same power as G4560, and G4560 doesn't get bottleneck'ed until after 1060 6GB, so I think you'll be fine.

Hello friends

any way to get this full version for free?

sup bruh

lmgtfy.com/?q=SQL interview questions

For some reason my computer won't display the thumbnail previews for webm files. It always just shows icons. I'm on Windows 10 how do you fix it so webm thumbnail previews show?

what happened to webm for bakas. i need to convert to webm without using ffmpeg

I thought it used ffmpeg anyway
and as far as I know it still works
what do you mean 'what happened to' it?

Got renamed for triggering github sjws . Don't remember what to though.

Isn't it already? Their website doesn't say anything about a price.

if you google webm for bakas it still comes up as part of it

I am stumped please help me out.

So building a new pc, It will not power on at all...
I have tried stripping down to just cpu and ram, and still it will not start, The only thing that happens is that the standby power led flashes.

This made me think it was the PSU so I tried another one that I know works, and the standby LED flashed with that power supply too.

So do you guys think my motherboard is dead? thats what I am thinking. Is there anything I can do??

Specs
celeron g3930 dual core 2.9ghz
Asus z170-e
psu is evga 1000w gq
the ram is kingston ddr4 kvr21r15s8/, just one 4gb stick,

>8pin cpu is plugged in
>cpu fan is plugged in
>the 24 pin connector is plugged in
>the ram is seated correctly, in the right slot according to the guide from my motherboard
>the processor is in right

ive tried resseting the cmos a few times too, once even over night.

If any of you guys have something im forgetting please let me know,

Why do you have a 1000 watt PSU on a celery

I need 8gb more ram. Should I just take the plunge now? This shit seems like it’s just getting worse and I’d rather not wait another year

thanks anons

Gonna connect a shit ton of GPU's for mining,

webmforretards

Where do I download Photoshop 6? Kickass?

Do it now before it gets more expensive

I want to download this shit in decent quality:
open.spotify.com/album/5NJuQkUp6TGadmgbvqmLwj

Never used Spotify before, what do? Google gives shady results and outdated browser extensions that don't work.

Should I just spend the 80$ and get a new board??

I'm currently using WSUS offline for windows updates but I want to know which updates I should avoid. Is there a list somewhere that I could check or maybe some other tool that I could use?

Just get the security only updates.

superuser.com/questions/275067/how-can-i-get-thumbnails-in-windows-explorer-for-3gp-and-webm-files

gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter is the most recent version. However it's only a gui for ffmpeg.

Every time I boot into Windows 10 on my dualboot W10-LinuxMint PC, GRUB gets overwritten by the Windows 10 UEFI bootloader and I can't boot into Linux anymore. How the fuck do I fix this? I've been messing around with this shit for months, but it always happens again after a while, maybe it's some Windows Update that fucks with it.

What do?

itsfoss.com/no-grub-windows-linux/

I have a headset with 2 plugs, one for mic and one for headphones.
When I plug them into my laptop, only the headphones work, and it doesn't seem to detect my mic. What do?
hyperxgaming.com/en/headsets/cloud-gaming-headset
This is the headset I have, it has an adapter that combines the two into one, if I were to use that, where do I plug it?

Did the newest Waterfox update also break absolutely everything for anyone else?
For whatever reason it's not accepting any cookies anymore.

I'm trying out ESET and I noticed it's asking me to let it have a root certificate. I've turned it off in the client options but is there anything else I have to do?
I heard letting it have a root certificate will let the program act as a middle man when I connect to sites, which I don't want.

I need some kind of resource that explains networking for a complete fucking brainlet. I don't know why but I've always struggled with computer networking. I only know the absolute most basic shit about computer networking.

How the fuck do IP addresses *really* work? As an example how would I go about setting up my home network in a very particular way? What's a subnet? How do I configure all this shit? Computer networking protocols for brainlets?

I'm trying to insert rows to an sqlite3 database

why does this work:
var sqlite3 = require('sqlite3').verbose();
var db = new sqlite3.Database('./taskDB.sqlite3');
db.run("insert into Tasks values(2050, 'job_raw', 92)");

but this doesn't work?
var knex = require("knex")({
client: "sqlite3",
connection: {
filename: "./taskDB.sqlite3"
},
//useNullAsDefault: true
});

knex("Tasks").insert({
myDate: 999,
taskTitle: 'job_knex',
timeSpent: 121
})

I can read the data fine with
knex.select().from("Tasks")

but I can't seem to write it with insert or update except using raw sqlite

I've been stuck on this for hours

never mind I'm just pants on head
supposedly it needs a 'then' afterwards or "you still have a query builder, which can still be modified", whatever that means

knex('Tasks').insert({
myDate: 999,
taskTitle: 'job_knex',
timeSpent: 121
}).then(function(){});

try removing the comma after connection

also a good point, but wasn't this particular issue.
I fixed it by doing this:

What are some good, free as in free beer software that I can use to make fancy modern looking GUI mockups?

Should I just get a new graphics card or should I wait and get a whole new rig?

How do I stop Evince from scrolling up when I move my mouse to the top of the screen?

Anybody has an iPhone 5s?
How long does a battery last on it on standby?

I have an iPhone SE, and I'm satisfied withe the battery life (maybe 2+ days on standby).
But someone gave me a used iPhone 5s and I reset the phone, updated to the newest version of iOS and replaced the battery at a local shop. The battery now lasts around 12 hours on standby, without me doing anything with the phone (though wireless is on).
Is this normal for an iPhone 5s with a new battery? Did the guy who replaced the battery give me a shitty, used one? Should I have not updated the iOS?
Anyone with any experience?

Until a few days ago, i could torrent at full speed without any problems to the rest of the network as my torrents would just slow down as needed, But recently whenever i start my torrents, everything else stops *completely*. Even when i limit up/down speeds to a fifth of the full speed nothing loads at all, only when i limit it to 5 kbps up/down does anything even start to load, but even then it takes about 10 seconds.
Why is this and how do i fix this?
also, by "completely stopped", i mean devices can still connect to the network, but anything that uses internet, even tiny things like messaging apps or pinging, stop working.

How much money do people actually make jewing with free DDL hosts? Is there actually good money in it?

>Dark Theme for Youtube does not fucking save
>resets if I so much close the tab
>not even deleting or disabling my cookies

How do you get the youtube dark theme to save?

something seems off

i think thats just a bug

New problem with SQL and knex

I'm trying to write to the SQL file when the user closes the window.
updateDB() is the function that writes to the SQLite file.
with the 'onbeforeunload' event, if I have it return a string, then the 'updateDB()' function works, but the window won't actually close.

if I have it return null or don't specify a return, the window closes, the alert shows, but it doesn't actually write to the file.
If I put alerts within the update function after it is supposed to write then they will show the values from the HTML before it closes

If I call the update function any other time by itself it works fine

I can't figure it out but for whatever reason it doesn't work when the window closes

window.onbeforeunload = function(e){
updateDB();
alert("test");
//e.returnValue = "Exiting!";
//return "this is a string";
return null;
}

megadl from megatools is giving me an error.
"EXP folder fs has multiple toplevel nodes? Weird!"
I think the folder I'm trying to download has too many subfolders or is just too big. Is there any way I can fix it?
This is the folder btw.
mega.nz/#F!OQwx1DYA!1c0Dkm1VfOPpthg6etuU4g

also this doesn't appear to be a knex issue but something with sqlite? doesn't matter which way I try to change the file.
even trying to delete entries doesn't work if its during the 'onbeforeunload' event

am I supposed to be 'closing' the file before the window exits or something?

How do i become a cool hackerman

My controller disconnects when I touch that thingy there, is there anything I can do? I tried to open it but it doesnt seem to be a way for that without breaking it, should I just duct tape it and use it while it holds up?

go to hackertyper.com/ and hit all the keys

I looking into buying a TV, whats the best way to add the functionality to play Youtube and just send a link to it to stream for whatever site without falling for the smart TV botnet?

Easiest way is to get a replacement cable. Super easy to install.

but like for real though. how to become white hat and earn big bucks

pretty sure thats just a ferrite core which is to stop electrical infetterence on the cable.
It's not even usually connected to it
are you sure its the core causing it and not because you're disturbing the actual fragile connector when you poke the thing near it?

Yeah it can be, I'm holding the connector part with my hand as firm as I can and it seems to not happen unless I shake the cable really hard. I can try to open the controller but what should I look for?

Any good alternative for cmus that actually allows you to sort by album?

a dodgy connection

you have to be 18 years or older to use this site.

>What should i look for?
a professional

a spudger, a soldering iron and some solder

I'm actually serious. White hats get paid a fair amount to find security vulnerabilities in websites. plus I can do it freelance from home on my computer. It's actually a pretty good job.

git gud

thanks

but for real what kind of education do I need to become a cyber security analyst or a freelance hacker?

Poorfag question:
If I buy a 95W cpu from someone but I only have a 65W tdp rated stock intel cooler will it give me troubles? Or it will operate at a higher rpm and that's about it.

65w tdp means that it's the maximum limit that it's designed to dissipate
You're gonna run into problems with overheating

>what kind of education do i need
special education

Can someone tell my why Sup Forums hates liquid cooling? The only issue I see is that prebuilt systems are overpriced.

I had a CLC and it died in less than a year. custom jobs are finicky and if you screw up you can get water all over your components

don't go with liquid cooling. It's not worth it. Overclocking isn't worth it either

you have additional points of failure. The thing could leak, you have pump, and there's the fan.
At least with an air cooler, the only thing that could fail is the fan and even with that, it could cool passively (though not optimally) while you wait for replacement fans.

damn. But I can't really imagine it tho. I'll actually name the cpus in question. I'm going from a g860 to an i5 2300.

I never thought the stock cooler from the g860 would have trouble cooling it. Makes sense though, it needs to cool double the amount of cores the g860 has.

When shutting down my PC it takes a few seconds after the screen and OS have shutdown for the system itself to turn off.
This has only started happening since updating my bios but I have no idea what many of the settings were at before.
Is there anything that could be obviously causing this?
Also the PC can't seem to restart any as once it hits the point of restarting it just hangs there in a sorta hibernation state.

Any way to index/save file sorting order in folders on w10's explorer? And why didn't pajeet think this should have been the default feature?

What's a good way to remove dirt from a dust filter? Compressed air is fine, but it doesn't remove pet hairs.

I need some help. A few weeks ago when the (potentially malicious) ukranian ads appeared on Sup Forums, I followed a fellow user's advice on how to block those ads without breaking the site.

This block comprised of two changes (redirecting requests to Sup Forums, which I did with my adblocker, and a userscript in something like greasemonkey/tampermonkey to fix the site). I accidentally removed Tampermonkey and therefore lost the userscript. Can someone post it in a pastebin or something? I'm sure one of you must have it

i installed debian but i cannt open the terminal because im not root. there is only one account, isnt this the root account?what do i do?

What should I do with a laptop that doesn’t work that I don’t want to fix? Is there any way to get money for them?

I have a shitty Windows 8.1 phone where the volume up button is broken. I didn't break it myself, so please don't give me shit for it.

Unfortunately, while Windows 8.0 took screenshots with home + power or something, they changed that to use the volume up key in the next version. Well that button is broken on this piece of shit phone.

Is there a Windows phone app I can use to lift texts between myself and another, to archive them? Screenshot software or not, anything would be fine. Though I guess a screenshot software would be best, so when quoting the texts it doesn't look made up, as it would if it were from a standard text document.

How do you version Release Candidates in your Maven projects?
If, for example, you have 1.2.3-SNAPSHOT under development and you want to create a RC of that, do you change the version to 1.2.3-RC.1?

windows 10, don't judge me please, im also really upset right now, anyway:
after whoever knows how many of the fucking updates windows forced on me, I started being unable to write anything to program files folders
I only noticed that when I wasn't fucking able to install any program to default program files dir, and I had no idea what to do, since I was the only account, administrator, elevated permission, UAC obviously turned down to zero was the first thing I did after installing (and noticing creator update returned it to default)
I tried fucking with powershell granting permissions, always ended with access denied error, still couldn't install anything
I noticed all folders are read-only - what a fucking joke
uncheck, wait, loading bar goes ok thanks for ssd, then again, access denied
tried jewgle, appeared to be a common problem. I was trying all the methods provided by microshit and some of the illiterate users. hilariously, one of the responses from windows employee was that, paraphrasing, all possible solutions were tried, please contact live-support. unbelievable.
AND AFTER FUCKING ALL OF THIS it turned out all I had to do, was right click on an installer and "run as admin"
WHY for GODS sake, as a super-user, would I have to do this EVERY TIME

not to mention every time I run a pirated game (please no bully) I have to manually, as an admin, copy paste the crack file again, each fucking time

please tell me I'm indeed retarded and there is a solution and that this is not just YET ANOTHER fucking micro$hit bullshit

im losing my fucking mind, please respond

>want to write c++ programs against the windows api
>visual studio takes 7gb
>i just want the cl compiler and includes/libs
Why do they make it so difficult? Can I write Windows applications using Clang instead?

I have 1050ti, does 4160 bottleneck it? If does, worth upgrading to 4460?

>Can I write Windows applications using Clang instead?
i haven't used clang but mingw32-gcc works for me

Does anyone have that mouse tier list infographic?

Please bros, somebody must be using it

Can you use a VR headset to just show your monitor screen? Is it possible to comfortably use your computer like writing code and using the internet with it? I'm asking because of bad eye sight I always have to be closer to the monitor to see things and can't lay back in the chair because of it.

Can you try compiling a program for me? It just attempts to define a Window class struct and initialises it to 0. That way I know it's possible to open an application window with mingw.

#include

int main(void)
{
WNDCLASS windowclass = {0};
return 0;
}

it compiles and runs as you'd expect

i don't have g++ installed so i can't compile it as c++ but that'd also work (it's easy to install from the mingw installation manager)

Thanks senpai, downloading now.

What did he mean by this? Since when android isn't linux? Is he making shit up because it's easier to botnet android than desktop distros?

my desktop icons break fucking constantly. i can delete the iconcache through cmd manually, but im trying to make a batch or cmd file that will do it for me, but i dont really know what im doing. this is what ive tried in a .bat and .cmd file, but it doesnt work

taskkill /pid explorer.exe
c:\
cd c:\Users\Drew\appdata\local
del iconcache.db /a
start explorer.exe

try changing "/pid" to "/im"

I'd like to reach my home server via SSH, what safety measures should I consider before enabling SSH?
So the Chinese worms and nobody else can play around with it. Spoonfeed me please.
Thanks Sup Forumsuys.

VR headsets don't work well with shitty eyes. Also the resolution isn't there yet for VR desktops.