How come you can't put two cpu's on one motherboard?

How come you can't put two cpu's on one motherboard?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0OKRf35O4qU
youtu.be/0NXVH_V0CMs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Magnetic fields.

you can

you can
but it's not as efficient as it sounds

how?

You can, but you will pay extra and be cursed by engineers.

Buy mobo with 2 sockets you retard

dual socket motherboards

you probably don't have a use case for that

You can, that's mostly used in servers and workstations, but games aren't made to take advantage of multiple cpus. Hell, games don't fully use even one cpu, since multithreading in games is still not fully implemented.

Ryzen glued 4

Fuck, I thought I was on Sup Forums. Ignore the last part.

Why can’t they just make bigger cpus

Thats because you cant. You end up with unsolveable synchronization issues

But user

SLI for cpu when?

Where the fuck are you living two cpus on mobo are awailable.

You can even put four on one board

youtube.com/watch?v=0OKRf35O4qU

256 MB modules in PII era?

Perfectly possible, the 440BX was just picky with what modules it accepted. The cheap 256MB and later 512MB modules had too few chips on either side.

AMD already made.
that is EPYC. glue technology.

It's called the Central Processing Unit for a reason, user.

So can you have 3 processors 2 to do it all and then the third to sync it all uip?

You can. It's just pointless for most normie applications. Especially , but gaymurs will buy into it anyway because MOAR POWAH is always better, right?

Huge delays so shit performance

Cant you just put more processors to fix that, thats what the third one is for

you're joking, right?

Adding even more processors to the mix wouldn't solve synchronization issues, but make them even harder.

he probably works at microsoft
they tend to 'fix' software issues by throwing more hardware at it

I ran a home server for torrenting anime using this mobo for roughly 10 years. Still works. Once of these days I'm going to clean it and frame it, hang it on a wall.

Behold, quad socket G34
Or for newer stuff, both AMD EPYC and Intel Gold/platinum xeons support multiple cpus on one board.

Its just that this isn't really consumer or even home professional tier stuff. 99% of regular users don't need, and I mean literally would never be able to utilize, more than one processor on these kinds of platforms.

>How come you can't put two cpu's on one motherboard?
You could before:

Get a gud camera and take aesthetic pictures of it in cool lighting.

That's a good idea actually. It has a really nice old-tech look that we need to preserve for the future generations.

How many SATA ports does that have?

Well, it's not impossible to do with the current technology. Razer could make something like this I bet.

how did the pentium II work? why was it so different from every other cpu? it looks like a nintendo cartridge

9 women can't make a baby in a month

Bram?

>how did the pentium II work? why was it so different from every other cpu?
Klamath was literally a cartridge. Literally. A processor that was in a cartridge package, which was installing in a special slot (NOT a socket) on the motherboard.

It is the same, just put on a riser with some extra cache chips on either side. Slot cpu's were retarded

Explanation
youtu.be/0NXVH_V0CMs

Ok /gee/ serious question:

If I'm using python 24/7 for data mining/machine learning/other assorted software development, would I be able to offput tasks to the second cpu so that I can still use my PC? I seriously have ~7 instances of python running right now and I'm using my last core for shitposting. If I were to pick up a dual cpu mobo, is it really just like having double the cores to work with?

Almost the same.
They will run asynchronously so if you spread it amongst both of them, the one on CPU 1 might finish after the one on CPU 2, not a big problem imo

You can, but you need a motherboard with multiple sockets and probably an NTB

I looked up Socket G34 on eBay and this was the first result.

>Up to 64 cores
>Up to 1TB registered ECC DDR3
>6 SATA
>7 USB
> SERIAL PORT
>4 PCI-E slots
>Dual port gigabit ethernet
>9 fan headers

This is like my dream board.

Unity has a multithreading job system coming, I would be shocked if other engines don't have something similar in the works.