/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of whorology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for noobies:
youtu.be/d8X02JJkCU8

>Used watch guide:
pastebin.com/4cP1Tpri

>Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

>Previous Thread

What are you wearing today /wt/?

First for omega

Best sub $500 non Seiko or citizen diver?

is that a patek?

constantin chaykin

Anyone identify what watch this is?

That’s weird

Brb Never owning a Constantine

Why not

nice

How's y'all like muh new watch?

What is that

Oh dog gone it, the ohone keeps flipping my pictures.

Can't ya read boy? It's a techno pavé. The little dash above E makes it extra fancy.

it's a complete shitter but at least it isn't a minimalist type shitter

Wait till you see the rest of my babies.

Why are all the straps so wide? You don't even have large wrists? Are you having tiny penor?

Thoughts on the Baby Grand Snowflake/SARX055? Thinking of getting one imported after a couple of paychecks come in. Really like the look of it, is the perfect watch to wear to work. Many good reasons not to?

Should I?

What model is that?

love this watch

It's a little big for some, but that's all. Great watch.

no either get the 007 or 013 dont get that ugly piece of shit.

I used to stick my nose up on the SKXs until someone gifted me one over Christmas.

Absolutely love it now. The pepsi version is better than the black. Feels like such a robust tool watch.

just finished the restoration of the vintage Orient. Relumed the dial and hour hand, polished and brushed the case and bezel, switched the old broken minute hand for the one of a Seiko 5 SNK I never wear. Also put it on a milanaise band I had from a Vostok SE. Would consider getting a new bezel insert sometime but I wonder if the one of a SKX013 would work.
What do you think? Love it and will keep it as a daily watch.

nice fake

Before

Not a fake

SKX007 or Orient Mako? SKX goes for 150 eurobux and Mako (the black one) is for 123. Also, what are the differences between Mako 1 and 2, which one is better you think?

Honestly I am more inclined towards the Mako since it has handwounding and hacking movement and paying 150 for a 7s26 seems a bit silly. I would have preferred the blue Mako tho, but they don't have it in stock ;_;

This one

If that had an 8l35 at that price it would be a very compelling buy for any watch collector. The finishing is excellent as is the dial design. I personally could not spend 1000 dollars on a 6r15 but if you dont care about that then it is a very nice looking watch. I just have to mention the movement because with any other watch on earth if it was over 1000 dollars and had a standard grade 2824 in it everyone would call it a shiter and say it was a bad value. I mean i rally like the dial and the finsihing on this watch but i personally cannot tell you to get it. If you don't care about the movement and have the money then maybe get it but if you can save 1k you can save a few more and get the real deal.

A904-5019

If you are a wristlet go for the Mako it wears better on slimmer wrists.

You can't go wrong either choice.

the suspense is killing me

It looked better before it got franken'd

If it were me I would have just polished the case and crystal.

that looks like absolute dogshit . You are the asshole that said "RELUMING IS EASY AS FUCK" or something along those lines arent you?

The lume looks a little, uh, dodgy

>that 6 and 12

>Love it and will keep it as a daily watch.

The mako I has a movement that doesn't hack or handwind, and has a pusher for the day of the week. The II is better in every way.
Also, the Ray looks better, especially the bezel.

Thanks for the input but I personally like it much more now. Can't stand a diver without lume and it looked really dirty before the restoration.

Why are watch winders so fooken expensive??

It's literally a box with some basic ass spinning rotors. This shouldn't cost $150++

Are there affordable winders out there?

Nice materials, noise insulation.
There are cheap winders, and they're plastic and make noise.

Watch winders are typically installed in very high quality wood and leather boxes that themselves expensive. The winders themselves have some basic logic but have very expensive silent motors rated for constant operation and long life. The rotating mechanism is also not that cheap to make if it is to be silent and last years.

>whorology
Is this what we've come to

So. I was drunk one of these nights and ended up buying this Raketa Kopernik on eBay. Can anyone here help me know is its frankenstein'd or not?

And also, which strap should I get for it? Was thinking about a black milanese but IDK

nice, what model ?

Is this your first time on wt?

Casio MDV106-1A. Bought it 4 years ago and wore it daily, abused the hell out of it and it's just a bit scratched. I didn't expect such a high quality diver from Casio at this price.

Ruined.

>You are the asshole that said "RELUMING IS EASY AS FUCK"
Not me, that was the relumed Vostok Amphibia user.
I don't dislike it, still better than before.
What's wrong with liking my own creation?

I like mine and yours doesn’t look franken at first sight, still you got the Russian made instead of the Soviet version and it looks more banged up than mine. Hope you didn’t pay for than 35€. Also should have checked if it has the superior and original HP movement since many are being sold with the HA movement which has worse specs and also doesn’t belong to the mos model.

i want to buy one but couldnt get one at the seiko AD in london
went for a sarb035 from ebay as a comprimise
would love to see it in the flesh

plan is to get a grand seiko snowflake one day

pic of sarb

There is nothing wrong with liking ones creation. You are delusional though. You destroyed that watch and it looks like shit. You can't even recognize that your work was sub-par and you tell people you like your horrible attempt at restoring a watch. You should have tried again instead of being "proud" of that pile of shit. People that can't reflect on their own doing and can't be self critical will never amount to anything. Change or lose user.

Shit. I thought it was the Soviet version. How did you know? Also, here is the movement pic, how is it?

Baby Snowflake is pretty solid.

Other good choices with the same "feel" would be Starbar limited cocktail and SARX033

>makes a 38mm watch look 44mm

thanks mr skeltal

It says HP in cyrillic so regarding the movement you are fine.
Soviet made ones have the inscription "cдeлaнo в CCCP" on the bottom of the dial, but yours says "Cдeлaнo в Poccии" = "Made in Russia"
How much did you pay?

that was a shitty pic

literally no one on earth cares.

My bad, нп = NP.

>thinkpad
>nato strap

I can see you are a meme victim

you did, thanks for the (You) my friend, now I can get back to what I was doing before

I can see you're a stupidity victim.

Take yourself and your garbage watch out back and neck yourself to save your parents the heartache.

manlet detected

m725 5a00

Thanks, seems to hit about every note I'm looking for then, though I understand I'm paying a lot for the movement. Can't really justify the price of a Grand Seiko though and the finishing on it does look incredible for as far as you can tell that from not having ever seen one in the flesh.

58 bucks with shipping, kinda regret it but oh well, it looks nice. Just wish it was the soviet model

>oh shit looks like non-non-conformism started being cool on the 4chins again!
>there's no way chinkpads and nato straps can't be good for some budgets and needs, impossible! I trust in you 4chins! I will do as you ask! I am anti-nonconformism now! Are you proud of me yet?
one more for you, my dear fan

welcome to the XXI century faggots, my phone is more accurate than any overpriced rolex

>this thread should be called "muh jewelry makes me feel pretty"

thanks for the 12yo maturity you displayed right there, mr. genius, you're amazing, tell us more

Pocket watches aren't practical user.

>pocket watch
no

your time bracelet makes you pretty
the truth makes you butthurt

>posts a crapple
so you spend 1k every year but can't afford a 1-3k watch that can last you a lifetime? sad piggot

fyi, piggot is a portmanteau of "pig" and "faggot", a double insult, double the pain

I thought we spelled it correctly, but I've been gone for about a couple years.

clothes make you pretty
haircut makes you pretty
shoes make you pretty
cars make you pretty
house makes you pretty
wife makes you pretty
everything except what you do for yourself makes you pretty

enlighten us more, Sup Forums philosopher

yep, even a piece of shit like iphone is a thousand times more accurate than your overpriced jewelry, go be gay somewhere else

Could have been way worse, user. Beware of drunk ebaying and do some previous research next time.

you need clothes
you need haircut
you need shoes
you need car
you need house
you need wife
you don't need jewelry

there you go, enlightened

I have one of those but the second hand came off. Would it be more expensive to have it fixed than to buy a new one?

I am now extracting a lot of self-esteem from you like a vampire, I am laughing at your life and at your inferiority, please feed me with more replies, stupid piggot

dear subhuman, you aren't doing anything with that added precision, an iphone reaches diminishing returns for looks, iphones are for whores, watches are for men, now fuck off and cease to exist you subhuman fucker

fyi, piggot is a portmanteau of "pig" and "faggot", a double insult, double the pain

>like a vampire
gay confirmed

you don't need them to look good, you stupid 12 year old pseudointellectual, that's my point

god fucking damn it how can someone be so god damned fucking stupid?

you're like a prehistoric troglodyte who barely learned how to speak and just barks on the internet like a retarded dog

DISAPPEAR FROM MY SIGHT, FOOL!

yeah, its fine. thanks user

how can a watch be so shitty? even 2$ chinese toy watches that come with a calculator aren't that shitty

from now on I will avoid Seiko, the chinkmaster brand

gets enlightened and gets butthurt. WTF

go buy more shinny jewelry faggot

Not sure, but would it be or not? Should I do it myself given how cheap it was to buy? What am I getting myself into?

>DISAPPEAR FROM MY SIGHT, FOOL!