Can we have a legacy battlestation thread?

Can we have a legacy battlestation thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/fvh1M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here's a good one.

Better lighting.

You gotta love the beige auesthetic the old computers had. At least you coudn't see the dust so easily on it.

Nothing? I'm sure some of you have pictures of your old battlestations from early 90s and early 2000s.

Mine from 2001.

Mine ca. 2006.

>all these noname brand CRTs

2001 or so

imgur.com/a/fvh1M

Strange how there was a phase in computing history in which unique, creative design exploded across the market but died after only about half a decade. 2000-2005. Everything before and after was about making the workspace as minimal as possible, rather than having fun and unique aesthetics with your technology.

Nicely done.

How? Does it actually use the floppy interface for data transfer, or it is just a card reader designed as a a floppy, with a fake floppy icon in windows

earliest one i have

It's explained in the Imgur album.

battelstation overflow

Not mine I think it is Isac from the thumb

why did this never catch on? i would love having an integrated case/desk with classy woodgrain. like in old movies where the computers are built into the walls

absolute shit heat dissipation

>the other anons would moan bitch and whine...

>imgur.com/a/fvh1M

Holy shit, that's so cool

Thick walls dampen heat dissipation.
Difficulty keeping the cables in place + allowing them to move 2 feet to allow the drawer to pull out.

damn, makes me wish I never threw away my old black Aptiva case.... fuck. maybe its still at my parents somewhere.... shit was aesthetic as fuck. fuck i wanna kick myself right now so hard

What is that thing under the disc drive? It looks like it has a lot of ports?

Nice collection on the right. Mostly music or mostly games?

That is the front panel for a Sound Blaster Live Drive. I still have it actually, sitting with leftover parts in a closet.

Nice, that's what I though it was but wasn't sure. Sick gear bro.

Do they even still make sound cards with front panels like this? Because if they do I haven't seen any.

I think you can just get fully external cards, but I'm not aware of any that sit in a drive bay these days (though I haven't been following sound card stuff for a long time now).

Open bob and vagene bb

oh god, the heat and smell after 1 day in there

Wow... is that the machine you are posting from?

I gotta say, has more style.

watching animu in early 2000s must have been aesthetic user

Your grandma knows the e s t h e t i c s.

That background becomes a creepy ass face in the thumbnail

Yup. Some funky designs would be great in this current age since it's much harder for technology to become obsolete these days.

Mine from circa 2004.

Can you even still post from those computers?

With enough persistence anything is possible.

Pretty much all computers have multiple interfaces. Cooercing one to post via some kind of proxy, like a raspberry pi connected to the net on one side and to the old machine on the other via some kind of serial interface, make cli/gui for it, bam, it works.

Arguably, the "funky" designs only made sense when you switched computers frequently enough to not get tired of them.

I disagree. If the design is good enough, I don't think you could get tired of it. In my opinion, the iMac G3 still looks great to this day.

> casper
> melchior

>RGB

I was going to ask where was Balthasar