Why would anybody use pic related over something like HDMI???

Why would anybody use pic related over something like HDMI???

Source or target machine may not support HDMI

Because that's all the integrated graphics chip has

Maximum cable length
Input lag for CRTs
Not having hdmi on an old device

VGA is not a choice
VGA is love
VGA is life

HDMI is slower to detect, meaning you might miss the BIOS prompt on some setups

Macs all have this kiked out intel shit turned on called HDCP so you cant even play a youtube video over digital out

>he doesn't just mash Del / F2 after pressing the power button

Not even an excuse.

>Catalog
>*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

I see you are enjoying technology.

Fucking love it.

It's literally better than HDMI in any aspect except (very) high resolutions and not having sound.

doesn't introduce extra lag

>shit and bulky connector
>shit and bulky plug
>must be SCREWED in place to prevent it from falling out
>easy to break the pins and render it useless, forcing you to bend it back if possible
>video only, forcing you to use a second cable
>crosstalk can be an issue
>cables are thick as shit where as HDMI cables can be thin and are easily manageable as a result

Grow the fuck up, grandad.

inb4 muh inpug lag

Fuck off, you're not playing Smash, and CRTs look like absolute arse and no one should be using them anymore.

>doesn't realize a screwed in connector is superior since it makes a more positive connection
>doesn't realize HDMI has more, smaller pins which are even easier to break
>correctly points out that analog has some drawbacks regarding transmission line properties

I think you are just a consumerist whore who doesn't understand shit but what Best Buy tells him.

the true successor to VGA would be DVI-D. HDMI is just a bastardized, licensed version shitty implementation of DVI-D.

>consumerist whore
>prefer something better over a shitty, ancient standard that we should have replaced 10 years ago, but is still around because DVI didn't take off

The true successor to VGA is DisplayPort, you fucking idiot.

Pro tip: Display Port is literally the same thing as DVI-D but repackaged in a slimmer format. I will say, the locking connector is a step up from HDMI even though it still has fine-pitched pins.

analog > digital any day

>DVI
>4 fucking connector types to take into account
>cables still thick as fuck
>resolution support stops at 1080p
>sound over DVI is a messy shite to get working

Not the same.

I don't even own an HDMI monitor

what are you doing that 1/8" thick cables are an issue for you? Running it under carpet? HDMI and DVI still have the same number of conductors, how much of a difference in cable circumference are you talking about?

the only benefit of sound going over HDMI is convenience for morons who don't know any better. Bring the analog out as quickly as possible, why does is need to be processed through multiple sound processors before being finally converted back out?

This

This is the third thread. Is this some kind of marketing scheme or survey?

>video only, forcing you to use a second cable
Why the fuck would I want sound on a monitor. Are you too poor to have a decent sound system? Is this Sup Forums?

I was wondering this myself. It is amusing though how vehemently people will argue over video cables.

literally not a single argument

Find me a server with an HDMI port and I'll gladly abandon this decrepit standard.

For the most parts, you don't use it, it's there for the one time you can't use anything else.

i'm too poor to change my old screen