Lets talk about the greatest nordic country.. The Faroe Islands

Lets talk about the greatest nordic country.. The Faroe Islands

Why are they so based and the land so beautiful?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hPDDFVmDREs
youtube.com/watch?v=pw3e64sosEg
youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk
youtube.com/watch?v=t26mbMrFDzw
youtube.com/watch?v=aAb0K1DLeSU
youtube.com/watch?v=loY7quYOJAM
youtube.com/watch?v=9_gTAmzDlOc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's an inbred, fundamentalist and depressing shithole with no future

yeah looks very based, not

This. Should be nuked.

Our great nordic neighbours
It's also much cheaper than a plane flight to just walk from Portugal to The Faroe Islands

How about this?

I keep forgetting that their cross is red and blue, not purple

That's not Svalbard.

I've worked with many people from the Faroe Islands. I like them very much.

Are you kidding me? Gásadalur is a complete shithole. Only old fucks live there and there's literally nothing to do besides drinking.

>there's literally nothing to do besides drinking.
so like all nordic countries?

Svalbard is pretty based. Internet is the fastest in Norway and it's mandatory to have rifles in every household, but unfortunately there's also a lot of R*ssians there

It's also cheaper than the mainland

Svalbard is russian clay. We're only leasing it.

don't lump sweden in that category, thanks

>Svalbard is pretty based

Snowstorms are not based desu

t. soft cunts

only drinking

sounds good to me

>Svalbard is russian clay. We're only leasing it.

it's the opposite

isn't that just a matter of opinion?

But you have to drive 30 minutes to the nearest government alcohol store and spend 40 dollars on a 70 cl bottle of vodka.

>you will never have a faroe conservative christian whale hunting gf

>drinking with your local friends
that's what I want to do besides browsing on Sup Forums all the day.

>implying you have anything the rest of us don't

Neighbors in small villages like Gásadalur tend to hate each other. It's the reason why Koltur and úti í Bo became uninhabited.

I don't know about hate, but everybody is a bit paranoid since if you do anything stupid word gets around.

t. russian

LIES!

the population is literally 18 according to Wiki

being paranoid is a bit understandable under those circumstances

>tfw no faroe qt

youtube.com/watch?v=hPDDFVmDREs

we have actual good banter

How about Torshavn then? seems like a cozy little town?

youtube.com/watch?v=pw3e64sosEg ours is a lot better Börre

>Koltur
>Population (2007)
> • Total 2
> • Rank 17
Top kek, the 17th most populous settlement in the Faroe Islands literally has 2 people (and 160 adult sheep).

t. russian living in northern Norway

Probably the only livable place. Public transport is alright, some nightlife, but still shit weather.

No one lives there anymore. Meginfelag Búnaðarmanna bought the houses and uses them to ferment cheese.

Ours is the best though

Bantering Denmark:
youtube.com/watch?v=s-mOy8VUEBk

Bantering Sweden:
youtube.com/watch?v=t26mbMrFDzw

Bantering Finland:
youtube.com/watch?v=aAb0K1DLeSU

Some more bantering of Finland:
youtube.com/watch?v=loY7quYOJAM

>Danish

youtube.com/watch?v=9_gTAmzDlOc

Båmp! no faroe fucks here?

halló

Faroese people are fucking morons. One of them said I make Faroese sound Swedish in a Vocaroo thread. I don't sound Swedish at all.

Where in the faroe do you live?

Whats the nightlife like in Torshavn?

Is it as easy to get laid there as here or are the girls more conservative?

There are no females on the Faroe islands though

hahha, let it go

Kom heim hvíti maður, eingin grund at spilla lívið í einum holi

Sam Hyde is that you?

>Where in the faroe do you live?
Tórshavn
>Whats the nightlife like in Torshavn?
Great, we have around 15 bars/clubs and there are always a few hundred out drinking on saturdays, a few friday and non existent rest of the week.
>Is it as easy to get laid there as here or are the girls more conservative?
probably same as norway,

fresh from the press

Eg má verða verðandi her og byggja land. Framtíð Tjóð okkara liggur í ungdómsins hendur.

>han segjer at Danmark ikkje er eit hol

The Faroe Islands are british

sounds great! Is danish spoken by everyone? Would you guys understand my norwegian?

What hotel should i stay at?

Foroyska samfelagið er vert ein snigil

>Kva er Gotudanskt

An internal meme accent that no one unironically speaks

Ja? Hva er Gotudanskt? Jeg veit ikke

Guess we can only write notes to each other

Everyone will understand formal Norwegian

>countries with no trees
>beatiful

>sounds great! Is danish spoken by everyone? Would you guys understand my norwegian?
Everyone speaks danish. Norwegian might by hard for many to understand, unless you speak a version of norwegian that is basically danish with an accent.
>What hotel should i stay at?
don't know, never tried any

How's the Internet there?

how about english?

>unless you speak a version of norwegian that is basically danish with an accent.

I'm from the Oslo area so that should be fine i think.

also this And how is the 4g and cell reseption there? this is most important.

it is, faggot.

whats better scandicunts, iceland or faroer?

The internet is fine, first world connection. 4g and cell reseption is available everyhwere, other than old single lane tunnels.

Because the rest of the islands have vibrant cities with good restaurants, bars, nightlife etc. right?

Spoken by pretty much everyone from 12 to 50 with varying degrees of fluency.

Look.. If you want that then go to Paris or London.. or Amsterdam.

I want to travel there and be blown away by the awsome nature i can't see anywhere else.
I want to go fishing in the sea
I want to go on long hikes and breathe fresh air away from you people.
In the evening i want to head to a local pub and get to know the locals and talk shit in a relaxing atmosphere. Maybe chat up some girls if i feel like it.
Mainly just relax and get away.
You cant get much farther away than the faroe islands.. They are in the middle of the north sea and that somehow has a strong pull on me.

I want to visit the Faroes

shit I want to go now

As if I was talking to you.

Fucking foreigners don't understand personal space.

i know right?

I've been wanting to go for years now. Ever since i first googled the place. the pictures are just amazing. Seems like a real laidback place too. Can't be too expensice to travel there either. its just that everyone i know always want to go elsewhere in Europe so i'll probably end up traveling there alone..

>traveling alone to a depressing deserted rock
don't forget to bring some prozac

Fuck you Rasmuss! Why do you always talk shit about every other nordic cunts? I swear to god danes are fucking annoying assholes

I'm Faroese

>t.foreigners being poor and not understanding personal space

Why should I care?

the russian greed for clay is truly legendary

A self hating cuck. Thats even worse

I don't hate myself. I just hate the shithole I happened to be born in and luckily managed to escape.

I cant read this shit. What the fuck is einum holi?

the preposition "í" takes the dative case in Faroese

eitt hol in nominative

Et hål

Ah ok nu förstår jag.

Could be nice to visit for a while, if you go with someone. It looks really tempting to just run out on the open grass. So much big, empty land. Fresh, cooling weather that never gets uncomfortably hot. And having a boat and rowing or sailing around the ilands could also be nice.

Faroese Danish is much easier to understand than Danish Danish :3
But you do speak Faroese too right, your language isnt dying right?

Getur þú alveg talað á íslensku?

Faroese is the only spoken language. No one speaks danish other than danes that refuse to assimilate. Even though there are few speakers, it is nowhere near dying.
Nei, men hevði sikkurt kunna lært at tosa íslenskt upp á stutta tíð, um eg hevði havt orkuna til tað.

It's so strange how you are able to so easily communicate with Icelandics when your language is so easy to read and Icelandic is so hard to read. Going by how hard the languages are to understand it'd seem it'd be much harder for you two to understand each other.

Faroese still has cases for articles? Based

>friendtugal

The faroese orthography is etymological.It was made this way, so it would be easier for speakers of other noridc languages to read it. Spelling and pronunciation is very different.
I can read icelandic, but if it is spoken I wont understand anything.

I like Týr but your island is literally irrelevant. And that's coming from a fucking leaf

Yeah, but it's so much easier to read Faroese than Icelandic, one would think the languages were so different it'd be hard for you to understand each other. I can understand almost everything in Faroese with no effort, while for Icelandic I have to think and analyze words, and may still not understand. From this, it'd seem that Icelandic and Faroese use very different words, that would make it hard for a Faroese person to understand Icelandic, for example. But this doesn't seem to be the case.

How can you even get there? Fly from Kobenhavn?

Also, there are so few inhabitants, aren't people just sleeping around with they'r friends or.. relatives?

since, their'

this is what I'm interested in. People just marry their cousins? What about casual sex? Are there qt faroese who will fuck a 2m muscular white canadian even if I'm awkward?

what the fuck are you on about?

Isn't Faroese basically same as Danish, though more comprehensible? Understanding written Icelandic is very hard -tier and spoken - no chance.