>buying any laptop that doesn't have Intel+AyyMD processors

>buying a laptop

>buying Intel

>buying

>buy

>~4 TFLOP iGPU on a laptop
Well I'll be dammed

Holy shit nVidia absolutely removed from laptop market

So vega can only beat 1060 with runs hotter and consumes more power than a 1080 ti
i guess cost more than 800 usd also

>when Intel shills for AMD products
Holy shit Raja did it, the fucking madman really poo'd all over Nvidia

Isn't Ryzen going to get a slightly stronger iGPU?

Are you retarded? Vega at 1000-1200mhz is more power efficient than pascal. Vega M on intel's 65W soc is 24CU at like ~1200MHz with boost. Similar die size to the 1060 and likely more power efficient as they're using slightly more cores to clock lower.

Didn't Lisa Su say they would never share their IP with competitors? What a lying cunt.

Vega M isn't an integrated GPU. It's literally a full sized discrete GPU sitting on an interposer next to the Intel SoC. Imagine RX Vega 64 if they stuck a CPU next to the GPU and HBM.

But here the Vega chip is about a third of the size. Still several times bigger than any iGPU Vega found in Ryzen APUs. Intel's able to do it because they came up with a cheap way of sticking dies onto an interposer. AMD hasn't announced any plans to do omething like this with Ryzen and most likely the Mobile Vega discrete GPU they announced will probably be the same thing as the Vega M being used on these intel G-series SoCs

amd: hey intel help us with out with the vega memory issues pretty please

intel: only if you help me double team the green fucker.

every mid range gaming laptop just lost it's nvidia sticker.

they didn't sell any ip, they only sold already made chips

AMD is king of iGPUs

Just give me my 8c16t AM4 Ryzen with a Vega. They have the pins and connectors already.

good.
APU mining farm coming.
i'm gonna buy 100s of them

>another APU abortion
These people never learn, do they?

99% Raja made the deal. Also technically Lisa said they wouldn't enable anyone to compete with AMD products. Based on CES AMD has no plans to make something like the G-series.

It's not an APU. It's two separate dies with dedicated VRAM. It's basically a gaymen laptop in a smaller package with smarter power management.

Not everyone plays video games fucktard.

How so? I bought an A10-4600M laptop like 4 years ago and I was pretty impressed with the performance to be honest. It could play anything from 2014 and older at medium 768p settings or better. Now I'm looking forward to getting a raven ridge APU laptop.

I really want a detachable tablet/laptop for travel-work
Can I expect one to come out within a year with the Vega cpu?

This directly competes with AMD apu's so she's still lying.

>not an APU
>compete with APU
>several times more expensive than APUs
>compete with APUs

???

ok, go ahead and buy a dedicated GPU then

Intel doesn't have vega IP, they couldn't produce them even under the radar.

Coffee Lake + Vega = APU
Ryzen + Vega = APU

What do you not understand?

you nuclear-grade dense daft cunt

10CU + Ryzen is 12-25W
20CU + Kaby Lake + HBM2 is 65W
24CU + Kaby Lake + HMB2 is 100W
GTX 1060 Max-Q + i7 is 95-115W

APUs are a completely different market to this. AMD can get Vega into more laptops if they pair it with Intel-Inside branding even if Ryzen would be a better choice from a technical standpoint.

APUs are GPU and CPU on the same die.
Coffe Lake + Vega are not on the same die.

These are not APUs. It's literally two discrete chips

>beating a 1060
I know it's the mobile one but still, what the actual fuck?

Thanks, don't mind if I do.

Are the number pre or post Meltdown?

Almost certainly pre-meltdown. Any sort of internal performance-impact metrics Intel might have done would never make it into marketing documents. Especially since it's being compared to yet earlier solutions.

i guarantee that this shit will be more expensive than laptop with 1060 gtx, you can get that for around 1k euros now. A laptop intel+vega will cost like 1.5k

okay nigger, give me a link

>removed from laptop market
>there is still 1070gtx
>there is still 1080gtx
>these are last gen gpus
>nvidia will release next gen in couple of months
sure thing drone

You do realize that you need shitload of fast ram for those performance benefits right?
Do you know how much money RAM cost nowadays?

>mid range
Goy only laptops thats gonna use this is ultrabooks which cost 2k, enjoy paying even more now

You realize you're retarded because the Vega die has it's own HBM memory right?

>max-q

Kys

Wow, such a huge difference.

>poo in the loo graphics
I'll stick to Nvidia, The Way It's Meant to be Played™

>The Way It's Meant to be Played™
What a cuck, reciting NVIDIA PR.

no it doesnt

poor volta

Where's volta?

This is like the comeback of the 5775c they had with Broadwell.

>>there is still 1070gtx
>>there is still 1080gtx

>100W
>120W

I'll take battery life of 3 minutes for 5, Alex.

You're retarded, how else do you think it beats the 1060?

>buy Intel+AMD machine
>no graphics driver available

nice meme from 2005

You have to be at least 18 to post here, kiddo.

This makes me mad.
It seems that Intel asked for a specific design of the chips, one with a higher proportion of ROPs. Apparently these extra ROPs are making wonders for the performance, so why AMD still insist on making GPUs that are ROP starved?

RTG works in mysterious, retarded ways.

Also AMD is directly selling the 24CU/64ROP chip Intel uses as Vega mobile.

not hUMA chip, NOT APU.
simple as that.

>2018
>intel
fuck off shill

Update when?

Its a very powerful iGPU.

Daily reminder that Intel is the only company in the world that is anti-competitive enough to only sell processors to laptop manufacturers if they are aren't coupled with Nvidia chips

Intel already tried to delet Nvidia from existance once

>6% faster clocks
>6% more TDP

fucking Intel-tier of """"""""""improvements""""""""" right there kek

These fuckers will not go with Ryzen anymore.

Of course if Intel pulled those shenanigans, Ryzen mobile chips are fast enough to not bottleneck a mobile 1070/1080 in most circumstances; no reason they couldn't be paired together. AMD might just end up with one of its chips in every higher end laptop.

Doesn't Intel own Nvidia? What the fuck?

Something something thunderbolt altho afaik Intel opened it up to licensing but why bother when you have such fitting combo, maybe Apple will achieve less housefires when they only need to cool down one thing.

Can't tell If you're being ironic or if that's the true state of Sup Forums nowadays

the processor and gpu combo that includes the radeon rx vega M consumes about 100w, so it's still probably going to need about as much power and cooling as a gtx 1060 max-q laptop