Mfw the electric company or my apartment complex called the cops because my power usage went up 6000% in 30 days after...

>mfw the electric company or my apartment complex called the cops because my power usage went up 6000% in 30 days after I got my GPU clusters up and running for mining eth and they thought I was growing weed
>mfw the cops showed up with a warrant and searched my place and found a small vial of hash oil I had brought back from Colorado
>mfw they tell me its a felony to possess THC concentrate in any form in my state (fuck red states)
>mfw they also find out I have a legally owned firearm, and they confiscate it and say that it will likely lead to a mandatory minimum sentence because it is another, more serious felony to possess a firearm while committing a drug felony
>mfw I'm going to prison because of internet autismbucks

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/cyM3q#selection-565.143-580.0
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2738292.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I hadn't even gotten a speeding ticket before this shit

You're going to prison because you're a degenerate drug user.

get a good lawyer with your btc gains

>has drugs
>somehow its not ok to go to jail
lol

"People should go to prison for having $50 worth of weed"
- You, an intellectual

>small vial of hash oil I had brought back from Colorado
you took drugs over border. that's called drug smuggling, hope you get even longer sentence. asshole.

you deserve

America is a slave state.

Thanks for reminding me about that transporting narcotics across state lines bit.

Your pal,
District Attorney R. A. Wilson.

Thats not drug smuggling from a legal standpoint, he isn't trafficking to sell

hes merely in possession of a concentrated drug

Good luck finding a lawyer that accepts memecoins ;^)

>do nigger things
>win nigger prizes

Hahah what a fucking retard

>niggers invented weed
>only niggers smoked weed thorough history
>weed wasn't banned only because it would fuck up profits of richfags
read a book, ideally not an american one if you want to get educated dumbfuck

how the fuck they got a warrant just based on your electricity consumption?

get fucked crypto cuck. if my law passes you will also get charged for the environmental damage your clusters did.

That's what I'm wondering. Op probably thought this up during a fever dream caused by too many tendies.

A judge literally just has to have a reason to issue a warrant, a mere suspicion

Then again the judge doesn't have to give a fuck

It literally doesn't fucking matter a judge will sign it on a whim and who fucking cares. Theres nothing you can do to say "you signed that warrant unlawfully" because the judge doesn't answer to anyone but the BAR association and the BAR won't put any effort into looking into fucking one of their own judges

or you know him travelling to Colorado and smoking weed(possibly buying seeds) and shortly after using enough electricity to grow a billion plants is reasonable suspicion

I doubt they thought "he went to colorado therefore the electricity use must be weed"

I think they made a warrant "No one uses this much electricity without weed" and knowing southern cops they hate anything they don't like so they'll go out of their way to get erroneous bullshit warrants

>weed is illegal in your state
>own weed
>get arrested
Wow, who would have fucking thought that breaking the law had consequences. Get fucked.

High electricity consumption = UV lamps for growing drugs.

The best the OP can do is make a plea deal for lesser sentencing but the fucking felonies will never go away

This isn't how warrants work though. They're specific. This one would be written to authorize the cops to look for a grow op.

The second they start searching through desks or drawers or whatever they've overstepped the scope of the warrant.

you sound really jaded and unknowledgeable about the world. kinda like an edgy
>I have an IQ of 130 I took an online test
>everyone else is so stupid fuck authority man I know better
kinda guys m8

you know it's illegal to lie on the internet, user

nigger there's a thing called trial and appeals and lawyers who aren't stupid, judges don't do things on a whim that might come back to fuck them years later when looking over their stats

if they came and knocked on your door with a warrant ready it means op is lying or too high to remember because that doesnt happen ever unless they have proof or what seems like proof, and a high electricity bill doesn't fall into that category

Yea they're specific but theres nothing saying that a judge didn't just sign it because he could not that there was any evidence justifying it.

>the moment they overstep

Ok you witness them searching through shit not defined in the warrant, what the fuck are you gonna do about it? Cops word vs yours.

I like how you think theres no way a judge and cops could be corrupted enough to shoe horn a warrant to work and your public defender doesn't give a fuck enough to try and fight the legality of the warrant.

I mean, they're searching for a weed op, and found weed related product in their search. That's easy as fuck to defend, "overstep" or not.
That's an ez case for the prosecution, OP is gonna get fucked

Mining farms have to exhaust a bunch of hot air which is similar to weed farming. So you have ton of electricity usage + hot air exhaust. Combine that with him traveling to Colorado which sells seeds, supplies, etc. You have a potential grow facility.

Lawyer here. You're a fucking idiot for not getting a lawyer right away and deserve all the bad things that will happen to you. A good lawyer would've thrown that fishing expedition warrant out the window like nothing.

May this be a lesson to all anons out there: always keep a lawyer on speed dial. And remain quiet, you retards! Never speak to the police!

>live in a place with laws against things
>break said laws knowingly
>break additional law (lease/contract)
>be surprised when get shitcanned by big brother

>mfw minerfags get completely BTFO

I hope you spend a decade behind bars, you cocksucking faggot.

Here is your (YOU) faggot

Are you saying that most people should have a lawyer on hand at all times? Is that really feasible? They cost around $10,000 just to speak to them on the phone for 15 seconds.

Exactly, the mere mention of weed production even if its just coincidental with high electricity usage is enough

weed farm, it's the same reason they issue warrants for houses with inexplicably melted snow on roofs

user is right though, OP is a fucking retard that broke a law and expected nothing to happen

haha as if anyone will believe he wasn't going to sell it to vulnerable children

Liberty is not cheap. In this country, you get the best justice money can buy. Sorry to break it to you.

>break additional law (lease/contract)
>lease/contract
>law

This is next level bait.

>somehow its not ok to go to jail
the op is really dangerous criminal to himself and to the public. The tax money used on him is much greater than the benefits gained by jailing him... well the jailjew is grateful

You dumb fucker, it is illegal to bring any marijuana products purchased in Colorado outside of the state.

they want the supplier you fucking retards, that's why they put OP under the burner

they're essentially the same thing since breaking lease rules usually get the law involved

the state police aren't going to fuck with any supplier in another state, thats a fed juristiction

No they aren't

Breaking a lease is a civil matter thats why evictions go to civil court

maybe you shouldn't have stolen electricity, nigger

Why do you think they want OP to make this into a big thing by scaring him with a prison sentence? Once this goes to fed level they'll strike a deal with OP to find supplier.

>my power usage went up 6000%
>apartment
>fuse box didn't blow
>wall socket can deliver that amperage

cool story bro

You got in jail for that drug shit, imagine you are a cop and find high elec usage, weed and a firearm lolololol ejoy getting fucked in the ass by tyrone

You're going to prison for drug use. They threw the book at you because they could. I'm pro-legalization but I will abide by that law until the very day it's changed.

Legal insurance is pretty cheap.

>scare him with a prison sentence
because a conviction makes the DA, the police and the justice system look good

Didn't your mom teach you not to break the law because otherwise bad things will happen to you?

Play with fire, get burned.

America, the country of FREEDOM where the cops can go into your fucking house because you have a high electricity consumption.
Seriously, what the fuck?

US insurance? You might need a lawyer just to understand all the situations that are excluded.

>Once this goes to fed level they'll strike a deal with OP to find supplier
The Fed doesn't need state help

The Feds can just hire an undercover DEA agent, go to colorado and google "medical marijuana store" and go bust any and all of them if they want

you should have a lawyer to whom you've paid a retainer, and have his business card in your wallet at all times. you pay 5-10k and forget about it maybe for even years, and when you get in trouble you are one phone call away from not getting ass fucked by the police like OP. money well spent

That's not why they did that. OP's high electricity consumption was most likely reported to the police by landlord because he thought he had UV weed lamps for growing weed. Dealers in your property = a lot of damage and renters abandoning ship almost immediately.

"Transportation of a controlled substance across state lines" a federal offence

who fucking cares the feds aren't prosecuting

to add to that, the police will be less likely to try some shady shit with you if they find Shlomo Bergerstein's business card in your wallet and see you aren't saying anything. they can spot a chump when they see one

Grow lights. High elec usage is one if the main things they look for and is sufficient to gain a warrant

Fucking this.

Dam I thought weed making you stupid was a fucking meme.

OP's already going to jail. Police got their pound of flesh. Even if he spilled his spaghetti and told them he bought the stuff in Colorado they probably won't refer him for federal charges.

Still - in my country (and I would guess its the same in other EU countries) they can't search your house just because of that. They would need evidence of you trafficking.

I don't understand, how can state get involved with federal crimes...

10k is bretty ridiculous. 3k for a retainer, plus cost of any cases if you go to a smaller town. Plenty of good lawyers in the boonies.

Because the possession is also a crime in of itself.

>I'm going to prison because of internet autismbucks
You are going to prison for possesion of drugs. Its no ones fault but your own. Stop being a degenerate.

So you have money to invest in a mining-rig, but not in your own liberty?

There are so many problems with OP's situation that a good lawyer wouldn't let this even get to indictment!

What was the scope of the warrant? What's the description of the place to be searched? What items does the police intend to seize?

You have 4th amendment rights. There's a reason why America is known as the only free country in the world. But you must know your rights, otherwise they aren't effective.

Right now, OP's best bet is filing a motion to quash the evidence found on the grounds that excessive electrical usage is not probable cause for a drug and gun search, showing his mining-rig as Exhibit A.

Actually they can especially if landlords request the warrants. Nobody wants dealers in their units.

What kind of shit apartment do you live in
I've had lan parties in my apartment where 4-5 people have 2 screens and a high end pc each all serially connected to the closest wall socket
Meanwhile my brother is in the next room playing xbox on a thicc tv
Not every apartment is as shitty as yours

lmao kys cuck.

>only free country in the world.
You don't seriously believe that, do you?

that's what you get for inflating GPU prices faggot

>Short spike = 24/7 usage for a month

Very funny, OP. But, unfortunately, not original: archive.fo/cyM3q#selection-565.143-580.0

>got my new i9 here

Name 1 (one) freer country. I'll wait.

>supplier
You mean the brick and mortar store in Colorado legalling selling cannabis and paying taxes?

> There's a reason why America is known as the only free country in the world.
Nah, you're mostly known for insane laws. The amount of extra freedom is probably only noteworthy to North Koreans and even heavily hinges on a lot of crazy laws not actually being enforced.

thats what you get for voting for trump, redstatefag

Luxembourg.

Somalia i guess but seriously, there is none, human society even the most primitive have some kind of restrictions/laws

>has the money to travel across the country and buy weed, and then buy thousands of dollars worth of graphics cards, and the electricity bill to run them 24/7
>doesn't have enough money to just move to a weed-legal state in the first place and skip this charade

>police found my illegal shit
>get in trouble
>waaaaah, doesn't it suck to get in trouble everybody?

Holland and Taiwan.
There, named 2 for good measure.

Iceland, Switzerland, Monaco, Andorra

Thats just a common misconception. In my country (also EU) they cant do shit, yet I personally know of cases where they tapped phones and done all kinds of shit before 'legaly' getting a warrant and catching people for minor bs. You think usa legal system is fucked, believe it or not they have more legal protections and rights than EU.

That's what you deserve you fucking stoner

>There's a reason why America is known as the only free country in the world.

>americans actually believe this

Switzerland. You can for example drink alcohol in public. Apart from that, people have direct influence over the country's laws.

KYS yourself, degenerate bonglord.

>my energy star tv is the same as dozens of 250W GPUs running full throttle
>110V wall socket is fine

weak bait
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2738292.0

everyone in this thread is trolled
you should learn from OP
excellent quality bait there
OP just wants to see all your pantsu in a knot over sold out GPUs

That makes his brain look big.

Taiwan is literally a republic of china, its full shit there