Headphones and TV

Please explain to me, why don't new TVs sold nowadays come with standard 3.5mm audio output jacks?
My old CRT televisions all had one. My new Samsung, to my horror, doesn't. And apparently this has been happening for years.

Considering the best headphones still use this format, why do they think it's okay not to include it? How else am I expected to plug them in? Why do they think it's okay for me to go through loops and look for extra solutions, like shitty converters and DAC and whatnot, that used to be standard? If they went out of their way to remove these, then I would assume that is because there is a better format out there, but apparently there isn't...so why?
More importantly, why do people think it's okay? Am I missing something here?

You're not meant to sit close to a big TV, and the only reason to get a TV is because it is big because monitors outclass them in every other way.

My Sennheiser HD518 has a ~3m cable, by no means do I have to sit close to my TV. I would assume any headphones worth shit are provided with long enough cables as well, so this cannot be an issue.

Seriously, nobody else wants to use headphones for their TV, and only I find this a problem? I don't want to believe it.

If you're sitting far away it's dumb to use wires. Basically there are too few people who watch TV with 10 foot long headphone cables to justify including the 3.5mm.

I recently bought an TV and it has it. Its no-brand cheapo one though.

having an optical/digital out is going to be more useful for people than an analog out and if there only going to include one audio it's going to be the digital.

TV still excel in being not stupidly overpriced for what you get if I had a choice between a dell 4k 43inch monitor for $800 vs same size/resolution TV from Samsung for $500 I'd get the Samsung, I get HDR and shit and I think i'll be ok with the 5ms more latency on the samsung

They don't? I have a 2017 Bravia and it has one. Now I'll need to actually check if a tv has a jack when I upgrade, great.

That's what I meant. TVs at 43 inches have only that going for them compared to monitors because monitors are crazy expensive at that size.
Otherwise you have no displayport, no adaptive sync, and lackluster panels.

just plug them into your htpc or whatever instead, dingus.

There's no input and output for analog audio anymore, it's rare but some philips and Panasonic model still exist.

>no displayport
All TVs have hdmi 2 that can do 60hz with 4:4:4 chroma so unless you just have a hatred for HDMI you not missing out not having display port
>no adaptive sync
I'll give you that but even then not a whole lot of monitors in general have any type of gsync/freesync
>lackluster panels
debatable, not all monitors have good panels and not all TV have bad panels, for TVs it greatly helps if you don't get no name trash

Because we have rca and im pretty sure the dac and amp are not very well shielded.

You know you can get rca to headphones adapters for cheap anywhere, right?

My newish one does. It's intended to connect to external speakers.

Obviously it's a bit useless since you don't want 2 channel output but whatever.

Get a home theater receiver and use an optical cable to connect it to your TV. Headphones go into the analog output of the receiver.

>rca to headphones
to connect headphones, your tv needs to have audio output, and rca is audio input retard

Literally why do you care? Do you really care that the TV manufacturer didn't include a shitty, bottom-of-the-barrel DAC? If you actually cared about quality you'd take the digital source and put it through a DAC you know isn't shit anyways.

TL;DR: You know literally nothing about sound quality.

>being this retarded

That's like saying HDMI is an input.

Some TVs do RCA audio out instead of a 3.5mm jack but it's most likely still not optimal since if the RCA out is just a line level output it's not going to drive headphones well.

I have the same experience most headphone outs on TVs and monitors are pretty junk

>rca
They usually have both, retard. Try reading next time. You're like one of those normies that can't turn on the projector despite the fact that the on/off button is clearly labeled.

While we are at it, what brands of even models of TV does Sup Forums recommend? I'm looking to buy a 300€~ one, should I go for not-so-good 40" or not-too-good-either-but-least-shitty 32"?
Smart TV or just get a chromecast or some dongle?

Captcha, google knows

>Some TVs do RCA audio out instead of a 3.5mm
some tvs comes with a degaussing function

>buy nu-samsung
>only comes with optical out

Because TV's are marketed towards people who do not still live with their parents, thus justifying the need to hide the fact you are watching some fucking weird ass foreign language cartoon show.

what are Bluetooth speakers?

my asus monitor as a 3.5mm jack and it sounds horrible with tons of static. The worst thing is that it sounds like it automatically turns off when no sound is playing which cuts the static out and then turns back on which puts it back on.

>equipment literally next to each other
>still use shitty wireless solution

Do TVs even have bluetooth?

i mean headphones

some of them
they also have lan, wifi, infrared, dlna, miracast, usb hid for kb and mouse, bt hid, satelite tuner, voice recognition, webcam

>webcam
the telescreen is real

Few early smart TVs had webcams but I have never seen a modern one with a webcam

That's because they're hidden in the frame now.

Got any pics of them actually hiding a webcam in the frame or is it just baseless muh NSA boogyman talk

Some TVs have low resolution cameras used for presence detection and automatic power-down when there's nobody sitting in front of it.

Yes, I don't know much about sound quality, but I never claimed I did, nor do I really care as much as you do. I'm not an audiophile, and I can't afford to be one. As long as it sounds decent I'm satisfied.

I'm simply bothered that I can't use my headphones anymore, and I certainly did not expect that I will not be able to use them on my brand new TV out of the box.

Looks like I'll have to buy a DAC because I don't have any other choice.
Any recommendation, which ones should I look into that are decent, but not too expensive?