Echo vs Home

So Sup Forums, which is the worse botnet?

That doesn't really care. Both are shit.

agreed my grandparents got alexa and the only time they bought anything with is was when there was an ad on the TV which showed someone using it to order dog food. They got dog food delivered to their door

You think that they’re not just part of the same botnet??

Google home is shit but is less rancid shit than echo

But why?

>the illusion of choice

>literal botnet to control your house
k e k

Reply to: 64313816
implying I have anything to hide

Sent by Christopher Smith, via Amazon Echo Dot

echo is just dumb as a rock. You can ask home to do things you'd ask google but echo doesn't understand shit

Google because the information that Amazon collects from you only affects your searches on Amazon. You can randomly be eating McDonald's and all the sudden Google will launch the entire internet to give you fast food suggestions and what stock prices McDonalds is at vs Wendy's

>the information that Amazon collects from you only affects your searches on Amazon.
Hmm, how can we be so sure?

>implying I have anything to hide
But you have something to lose. Your liberty, as soon as we plant that faux-CP in your recovery partition.

you can make a better device with a raspberry pi and a mic

>Hmm, how can we be so sure?
Google it.

I bought a Google Home Mini and it's actually really nice to have. I use it mostly for music and turning my lamp on and off, and occasionally for information.

These things always make me think about this love from Futurama

Professor Hubert Farnsworth: Shut up friends. My internet browser heard us saying the word Fry and it found a movie about Philip J. Fry for us. It also opened my calendar to Friday and ordered me some french fries.

Are you telling me the ad bought dog food?

Reminder that if these hear you commit a crime they will call the cops

>which shit is better? This stinky one or this watery one?
That's basically what you asked me, OP

>Reminder that if these hear you commit a crime they will call the cops
Source?
If it was true, they could call the cops because of what they hear on TV, you liar.

Both are shit; it's like your begging to be spied on.
Judging from the ads its like Amazon/Google want you to be even more of a fat lazy fuck than you are now. Really, how hard is it to get up and turn on the fucking stereo or select your music from a playlist on your media library. Won't be long; give it 10 years (maybe less) and your whole damn house will be computer/voice controlled. No more locks that uses keys; be all thumb print or voice activated shit. The whole place will be "internet enabled" letting everyone spy on every little thing you do 24/7. Even taking a shit won't be private anymore.

>I recently shared a "on this day" post on FB about my buddy torrenting a pdf of this book for a class we had years ago
>He deletes the post because he thinks facebook is watching him and is scared
>Buys and uses an alexa...

Why is this kid so fucking stupid?

>Reminder that if these hear you commit a crime they will call the cops

If that's what it takes to have efficiency/functionality/multitasking capabilities in my own home, so be it.

Only amerifag autists care about 'muh privacy hurr' because they have some rancid stupid shit to hide or are ashamed of something.