I just realized my W7 last update was in 2015 and I have windows update service disabled

I just realized my W7 last update was in 2015 and I have windows update service disabled

How fuck do you safely offline update it without getting the telemetry stuff?

Other urls found in this thread:

catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx
tweakhound.com/2017/02/11/blocking-windows-7-telemetry/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You stop being autistic paranoid schizophrenic
&gay

What about you kill yourself

This. If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear.

you don't

google Simplix update pack

uh the govment gun know i like anime and waifus, herr derrr they mustnt know

Is some pack you don't know what the fuck it installs made by a random ruskie that was not even updated for this hardware fail meme?

Thank you Mr. Rajit, this contribution to Microsoft(R) Corporation will be taken into account in your visa review.

Having nothing to hide doesn't mean they have nothing to find.

You don't. The cumulative security updates contain the Diagnostics and Tracking Service service, which scans your machine for software to aid MS in determining W10 compatibility. The other telemetry just adds more checkpoints to the Customer Experience Improvement Program. It's easier to just install all the updates and get out of CEIP than it is to check the list of telemetry updates to not install.

Download the big 4 updates offline:
- 2018-01 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB4056894) **MAKE SURE YOUR ANTIVIRUS/SECURITY SOFTWARE IS COMPATIBLE WITH THE MELDOWN PATCH**
- 2018-01 Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1 on Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB4055532)
- Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB4056568)
- Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - January 2018 (KB890830)

Now you're ready to go online and apply the rest of the updates. Make sure you're not enrolled in CEIP (check the Action Center Control Panel) and disable the DiagTrack service after you're done.

>- Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB4056568)
>- Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - January 2018 (KB890830)

Why fuck would I ever need this

Also, where can I download?

what the fuck these settings are all blocked on my computer?

>Make sure you're not enrolled in CEIP

???

Download the stuff from Microsoft's Update Catalog website:
catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx

Put the KB number (without the KB) into the search box. Add x64 to the search if you're on 64-bit to thin the list out. Don't add Windows 7 to the search, cause it doesn't work for some stupid reason.

You need the IE 11 update because there are programs out there that use the IE 11 rendering engine and you want them to have the Spectre fixes, right?

There are two reason I can come with to install the Malicious Software Removal Tool:
1 - It doesn't hurt to scan for the old viruses this tool checks for (it doesn't even take that long).
2 - If you're going to do an online check for updates with the Windows Update Control Panel, installing this removes a massive amount of superseded processing it has to do and makes checking for updates quicker.

What the hell are you talking about? Screenshot perhaps?

CEIP = Customer Experience Improvement Program. It's the built-in telemetry that's been in Windows since XP (or at least Vista).

Check the Action Center Control Panel to find it. It's kinda hidden. :/

So I basically need to enable IE again download that 4 stuffs from ms site and reenable the windows update service and I'm fine and telemetry-free?

You look up the KB numbers for those updates and skip installing them, rather than making a tech support thread on Sup Forums

No, don't enable IE. That website works much better in non-IE websites anyways.

If you disable CEIP and the DiagTrack service after installing the big 4, yes go ahead and enable the Windows Update service.

*non-IE browsers

don't update past 2015
>As of late 2016, Windows updates are combined into inseparable batches. This means that you cannot remove bullshit telemetry "updates" reliably. The only options are to run Windows with known vulnerabilities, run Windows with microsoft spyware, or to not run Windows at all.

install gentoo

I mean can I even update IE if I have no IE

That's a good question. Download the update and see what happens. If the update isn't needed for your computer it will tell you that it's not applicable when you try to install it.

You use Windows - you automatically get the telemetry. Just get used to it, it won't kill you that Microsoft will know what anime you're watching on your PC.

40 Rupees have been added to your Microsoft App Store credit.

Might be a little out of date now but this does wonders.

tweakhound.com/2017/02/11/blocking-windows-7-telemetry/

You can also delete all the CEIP-related tasks from the Task Scheduler

Hilarious to see people worried about telemetry but not worried about 3 years old exploits that every script-kiddie can try to use and install/read pretty much anything.

That is what updates are for?

>be me, a few years ago
>decrapifying my cousin's laptop
>MSRT found and removed some shit that nothing else found, nothing else like Malwarebytes, etc.
>been updating and using MSRT ever since

its cause microsoft put it there to begin with

just temple os yo ufucking rat pack kike farking nigger newifie jap asian niggers

Nice unique af meme faggots
It's retarded to disable updates because
>muh telemetry
>im SO important
>teh government man

Care to share some more info? CEIP is the only "telemetry" anti-beacon seems to have no effect on, it always unpatches. i'll look into it anyway

Windows is shit, install gentoo

wumt...