Which email provider do you trust?

>inb4 cock.li

Ive been using AOL since about 2002

>not registering a domain for yourself

How hard is keeping a mail server?

the arch wiki has a decent setup guide for vmail
after the initial effort it should be a non issue to get as many addresses as you want

Protonmail.

Host your own with postifx+dovecot you stupid faggot. Use amavisd for soam filtering and dkim signing. Kill yourself

I forgot...
Posted from my iPhone X

Not hard at all.
>BIND for DNS
>postfix for SMTP
>Postgrey for DNS aware greylisting
>Dovecot for IMAP
>Let's Encrypt for SSL
Then if you need webmail, add:
>nginx, lighttpd, or OpenBSD httpd(8) for webserver with PHP-FPM or Apache with mod_php
>Roundcube or Rainloop
This will work on any reasonable server distro of Linux, Free/Net/Open/DragonFly BSD, or Illumos, and be essentially "fire and forget" other than OS security patches once you get a cronjob set up for managing Let's Encrypt. "Email is hard" is a fucking meme propagated by lackwit cPanel, Plesk, and Exchange admins.

But what about security?

What about it? Lock the thing down so you can't log in except via non root SSH key, chroot your webserver, and you're pretty much done.

Let's be honest user, the list of things you posted is hard for anyone that hasn't literally setup an email server.

>"Email is hard" is a fucking meme propagated by lackwit cPanel, Plesk, and Exchange admins.

You don't have much exposure to Exchange do you

It's easy as fuck, use iredmail if you don't know/want to configure everything manually. I've been using my own for about 3 years and never had any problems

It takes all of a day to learn.

Yes but let's not pretend it isn't hard, it is, it's ok

I've never setup an email server because idc to and don't use email.
however all of that wouldn't take me more than a few hours to setup..
why? Because I'm familiar with linux for 15+ years and other configurations as well as most of those listed but in separate conditions?
no.. that isn't the reason
the reason is because I'm not a dumbass like you.

Well i don't need to spew my "credentials" because I was speaking relative to the vast majority of people and unlike you, I have setup an email server, it was a complicated process - but what ever gets you an extra gold star from mommy user

Loool they'll delete your shit for being "racsis"

Those aren't any of my credentials and are unrelated to what I do.

Source?

I trust google for the email i use to password reset things. You know they wont just fucking delete your email like i have had happen to me in the past

None. I use gmail for nobodies and Protonmail with my partial name attached when I'm trying come across as a responsible adult.

>22 replies in
>no tutanota

Clueless faggots.

Looking for a source. . . .e..e.

If you don't have any source to back up your statements then fuck off faggot.
Go spread your misinformation somewhere else.

pajeet please chillout

I have only 1 year of experience on Linux and basic networking, will it be easy?

i use gmail for school, optusnet for spam (optusnet is dead), gmail 2 i used to set up computer (microsoft account) (why the fuck did i choose that)
gmail 3 i don't use except to sign petitions, create accounts, etc. then just block sender
protonmail which i trust but i don't actually use email to communicate with any real person

whats rong with cock mail>>

capcha newman hameau

Unironically cock.li. His statement that he won't look at your emails is better than those fucking t&c the companies put out.

Don't you have to pay somebody for domain hosting?

If you fuck up the security and your machine starts spamming shit prepare to get your domain blacklisted everywhere and you'll never send another email again.

Yes, unless this is just a homelab/personal thing that you'd be comfortable remembering an IP address for.

I tried setting up postfix a couple of months ago. I am not a retard but I wasted an entire day and I faiiled. I hope that answers your question. It is retarded that you have to install 10 programs to have vmail and configure them separately instead of installing a single working solution. Typical Linux shitware.

Why is kratos on a computer

cock.li

>
>don't use email.
Jesus just how many of you are unemployed?

Do you expect me to read all the HR spam that floods my corporate inbox?

Easy. More people should do it but corporations never marketed it to people because they would rather keep all your private information.

Or, you know, just use Citadel/UX...

I use fastmail to host my domain's emails. Been thinking about doing it myself, but haven't been bothered yet.

HACKING THE GODS

don't forget disroot

Not hard at all. I'd say that it's about as hard as buying a domain name.