What is the name for this style of visualization for CPUs?

What is the name for this style of visualization for CPUs?
The technicolor effect where different regions are colored differently..

Bump

You mean they dont actually look like that?

that's the way they look

Soynography.

I am actually interested as well.

Are CPUs made out of molten soy?

VLSI

t. Electricalfag

Nice! What does it stand for?

Very Low Scale Imagery

Very Large Scale ICs
IC - Integrated Circuit
That's just how they look, especially with correct lighting. As to why, I still have no clue, I asked at two workplaces and several job interviews and didn't get a proper answer

Immersion oil and refraction of the light based on material density dipshit.
Here I am unable to get hired while you retards cant tie your fucking shoelaces but get paid.

t.medfag

Relax. maybe you aren't so clever if you aren't getting hired.
You think the only reason for the hue change even across register files is due to refraction? I was hoping for an interesting answer / something I wouldn't be able to guess after taking basic physics, but what do you know, it's the stupid answer. Go fix some ape plumbing

Clown Vomit

This is how microscopes work 101 bud you are not breaking new grounds here.
It is exactly how it works and how tissue is differentiated.
idiot

original image

shiny!

The last time I used a microscope was in a physics lab when I was analyzing emission spectrum.
When I'll care about micro things I'll remember to come to you for advice, yeah?

Crystallized soy

Remember my words every time you get something you don't deserve.

These types of images are commonly referred to as "Die shots."
You can google "myICName Die Shot" and you will likely get a good result.

How the fuck did you get a picture of my face?

How do they fit 3+ billion transistors into such a tiny thing?

It's called a photograph. The colors come from thin-film-diffusion-like effects.

>register files
Don't fool yourself, the register files aren't big enough to be seen on that scale. You're probably mistaking it for the caches or TLBs.

I'm not sure if the image is the actual thing with no modifications, but SiO2 thickness determines what color it looks like, so you'd actually see patterns with different colors when you look at the chip.

You can get the same effect if you look at the layout of a chip and do some post processing.

Also called micrograph, you'd find them at the end of every JSSC paper.

And when I say thin-film diffusion, I of course mean thin-film interference.

>camelCase
get out.

Camel case is surprisingly common in CAD industry, because of Cadence I believe.

>all these names I've never heard about
I'm a hardware engineer and I've always seen this called CPU die.

hologram

and what do you use? snake case?

>Very Low Scale Imagery
the infamous VLSI

IT comes from your mothers tits, when cum is spread all over them it produces this strange coloring

>The technicolor effect where different regions are colored differently..

Happens because the heights of the wires/components are a fraction of the wavelength of light so shifting the colour when light bounces off and interference is achieved by the off set of the wire height.

Same reason you see colours in bubbles - the film is atomically changing in thickness for each colour band in bubbles.

very lousy shitty image

It's diffraction, not refraction. Same reason CDs make rainbow patterns, the tiny grooves cause the light to interfere with itself based on the size of the grooves relative to the wavelength.

Die shot

OP, that's actually diffraction from the differentiated spacings in upper metal layer traces.

People just crack a die off the substrate and polish shit off until the metal starts showing.

Only soy chips are affected by meltdown and spectre?

Glad I have a soylicone chip, then.

Speaking of which, does anybody know what chip this might be? It’s damaged a bit because I decapped it with a knife.

spray a substrate with lasers

The same way you do with photograph.

I hate those bubbles. Why they do this?

To stop me from dumping the roms from my childhood weeb toys.

Great pic. It's interesting because it looks that wiring density, rather than transistor density, is probably the limiting factor, besides optical lithography tech.

Cool shit user.

That's the OPL FM synthesizer chip. What's interesting about these is that the chip was decapsulated to visually read data for an OPL emulator.

I absolutely love Yamaha's FM synth chips. Spent a year figuring out how to build a YM2612 (+SN76489) into a hardware Genesis music player. Sounds great!

bumppp

>Very Large Scale ICs

oh boy, oh boy it's THAT thread
*unzips*

That's just a die with its top layers grinded off under a microscope

So load in photoshop and hit the shiny button?

>Weeb toys
Tamagotchi?
Modified 6502.

Nigga I hope this is bait otherwise you dumb as shit

Is that the Bitchin'fast3D2000??

Because it is cheaper than a package

Actually, that's headless Camel Case.

CamelCase

headlessCamelCase.

It is a refraction because there are air gaps in the design.
The air molecules play with the material density and how the light is observed.