Elementary OS

Is here any reason for beginner linux user to choose this distro over mint/ubuntu?

Probably just makes it harder to google things if you're not using one of the big boys.

It is ubuntu based tho

>Is here any reason for beginner linux user to choose ubuntu over ubuntu/ubuntu?

Lol all of these Distros are Ubuntu.

I choose Mint because I like green.

but it's not ubuntu enough that you'll be looking for support.

beginner always chose slacware

Beginner should use mint, ubuntu, or solus. All three are relatively hassle free

depends

do you like men?

he's gay, apparently

Probably not. Maybe if you're used to Apple?

The UI is very sleek but also very barebones, even with the tweak tool

No, but ZorinOS is better for windows beginners. Mac users would already be able to use Linux no matter the DE.

>Maybe if you're used to Apple?
You've either never used OSX or never used Enlightenment.
The reseblance is merely superficial. One click with a mouse and the whole charade collapses.

If you want a Mac OS experience, you have two choices.

Buy a Mac or install Mac OS (Hackintosh for AMD/Intel) for your non Mac related hardware

or

Install Elementary OS. It is easy to use and a lot of the software was made by the Elementary team, so you will feel a bit like Mac. They share a similar philosophy of making computers that just werks and makes things easy to use. The problem is that you have to fiddle around with the terminal to get certain things to work if your computer doesn't have support out of the box. They try to make the desktop something that doesn't require the terminal, but sometimes you have to if your hardware isn't supported out of the box like newer graphics drivers. For example, you have to boot with nomodeset if your graphics aren't supported out of the box, like new Nvidia cards and then you have to install them by adding new software or installing the web drivers.

Elementary removed the software that allows you to click and install drivers from the desktop and the fans of Elementary OS weren't happy that they had to install it again and they gutted out the option to add new PPAs, unless you install something that allows them. Also, you need to install a app from their appstore called Eddy that allows you to install .Deb packages. At this point, they should not be using Ubuntu as a base, if they want to be so different, but they insist on using Ubuntu. I don't get it, they use a different app store, they build their own applications including web browser, etc, yet they still want to be based on Ubuntu. I don't get it.

didnt the dev p5f that os say people who downloaded it without donating are basically stealing?

not really

>Elementary OS is like OSX

shitty meme

It's pretty, stable, and has a very cohesive look.

sudo apt install software-properties-gtk