You've just been given 10k US Dollars to spend at any online tech retailer (Newegg, MicroCenter, ect)

You've just been given 10k US Dollars to spend at any online tech retailer (Newegg, MicroCenter, ect).

No refunds. No sales. No transfers. You must keep it for personal use.

What do you get?

Ur mom

one macbook

iPhone

pop tarts

Backpage.com

I'd get a file server with ~100TB of storage, an x86 tower with 12 10TB drives in RAID 6.

I'm already pretty happy with my desktop and laptop but my storage can't support my data hoarding activities.

Some GPUs to get in on the crypto meme.

At current prices, a single 8GB stick of ram.

Shit for mining,

A Apple Watch, iPhone X, iPad Pro with Pencil, Apple TV 4K, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, and a iMac Pro. Simple decision really

Neat

Sex robot

Your mom for a night.

This.

Same, looking to setup a fileserver but everything is too expensive atm.

32GB of DDR4 ram 3200mhz

What about the other $9.980?

Russian mail order bride

save it for a few months

then buy BFGD

It would take me about a year to spend all that because I shop hard for best deals, but I'd have two state-of-the-art computer builds, one of which would be a full 10-bit color graphics work station for art, a decent low-cost refurbished laptop, a budget-end ~43" 4K TV, and some solid audio gear (speakers especially). Certainly some miscellaneous tech items as needed for various projects & upgrades of my current systems. A NAS with about 30 TB capacity would be nice; I have most of what I need for that already, but a set of new, enterprise grade HDDs would make that wishlist item a reality.

Might even drop between $200 and $400 on some Pi-like boards & support gear and build a small cluster, like 7 or 9 boards, just because that's a project that I've been wanting to do for a couple of years now and those boards are finally powerful enough to be worth the effort.

Close to $1000 would be invested in battery back-up & surge protection to enhance my current capacity. Some of mine are over 7 years old now and will probably need replacement relatively soon.

As far as miscellaneous, items such as 8 or 12 cameras for property/house security, various LED lighting for home & projects, a couple of decent car video cams. Might compromise on some of the above and consider a good DSLR camera plus a couple of good lenses to go with. My current cameras are getting older and upgraded photography capacity would be really nice to have right now.

Oh. Shit yeah ... definitely budget about $300 for a nice flatbed scanner; might even go up to $500 on one with the right features and a larger scanning bed.

Probably a mac pro, given I already have good windows machines.

I'd buy a bunch of travel gift cards and go out and have fun.

Mining rig.

Upgrade PC from $800 mid build to $2000 good build. Use the rest of the 8k on a set of 3 monitors instead of my ultrawide, good speaker system, headphones, and a NAS with a few dozen TB of storage. I'd also get a bunch of mechanical keyboards, diy kits, a decent soldering iron. New Logitech g600 (Ring-click is a must for me now). New wristrest too. Ive still probably got 3k left so I'd get a 2015 MBP to see what the hub-bub is about. I'd also get the iPhone X to see if it is shit with my own hands. (It is, more than likely).

dual cpu mobo with 128GB RAM, high end gpu, dual NICs, and several pci ARM development boards.

I'd probably get a thinkserver or something with a shitload of storage

A 3GB used mining GPU.

a new mouse I guess

I put it all into Cardano

>What do you get?
100 Thinkpads.

I would get an iMac Pro, spending about 8k. That should get me the 10 core version with a nice big super fast SSD. Then I’d get an eGPU and a 1080ti.

>MacBook Pro
>2600 dollar PC
>Some nice monitors

128GB of ddr4 ram

Mac pro, note 8, macbook

Probably buy a bunch of l equipment for a home electronics lab.

I've wanted to get into electronics for a while now, although this would be kinda like giving a two year old an iPhone, but #yolo

At just one retailer: dell.com and buy a nice UltraBook, a Win10 desktop, an Ubuntu desktop, a bunch of screens, etc.

At many: a new ThinkPad, a new MBP, a new tablet, a new desktop PC, and if money allows, all the extra accessories for them.

Sorry mate, limited to 8gb per person

Buy ~280 raspberry pis and let them collect dust on a shelf instead of building a cluster or anything with them.