So...

So, this is the only laptop that can be bought new off the market that isn't vulnerable to Meltdown and doesn't require a patch that can slow down the computer by up to 60% under storage I/O heavy workload?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nxi2QvRj6Dg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>hp
I'll pass

There's also a Bristol Bridge thinkpad but
>bristol ridge

No one with jobs and a life gives a fuck about your dumb ryzen meme user
Unless you're testing viruses in a VM or selling a VPS service with your laptop there's no reason to worry about this more than any other memory access exploit out there

Intel is for chads

good thing you use sites like Sup Forums that don't require passwords

I'll bite when ryzen 3 laptops get released

lenovo and acer also make raven ridge laptops

I think I'll wait for the new ones.
What about ARM "laptops" though?

I know the NovoGo from ASUS is slated for "early this year". I'm lowkey excited for it. Very large chance it'll be shit, but if it is somehow good, that'll be neat.

>poozen
ill pass

What fucking store do you shop at.

>AMD
it's already slowed down

On your Windows

this is the best advice anyone could give
hp laptops are dumpster fires regardless of intel/amd

>lowkey

Stop it.
Stop that.

>NovoGo from ASUS
aka NoGo aahhhhahaha

I had two hp laptops before and i liked both of them even though driver support really was bad

There's another one by acer coming out next month.
I'd wait for a more reputable manufacturer such as Dell or Lenovo, though.

>poozen

>there's no reason to worry about this more than any other memory access exploit out there
But memory access exploits are horrifying user. Nothing wrong with worrying about them.

>pass
yeah, couldn't agree more.

Unless you're buying an Elitebook, don't bother

>housefire product
this

I don't browse Sup Forums and my knowledge merely extends to building them out of bought parts, I want to as if newer Intel processors aren't going to be built without that security issue?

I mean if I were to buy a PC right now, I would sure as hell go for a Ryzen or AMD CPU, but what reasons would I have to not buy Intel again a few years down the line?

youtube.com/watch?v=nxi2QvRj6Dg

Why don't we just stop using computers? They're clearly not ready for modern 21st century exploits.

HP laptops are okay, i own one running slackware and im happy with it

>what reasons would I have to not buy Intel again a few years down the line?
We would have to be able to forese the future, but since x86 is so old it's definitely possible that there are more exploits that haven't been discovered.
Just get what makes the most sense to get at the time. For a while it was Intel, but for now it's going to be AMD.

Nothing is ever ready for the next modern day exploit.

The problem isn't the hardware it's the user.

We advanced the technology so damn far without giving out sensitivity training so taht people understood what the fuck they are using so everything gets fucked the moment anyone gets a popup that look "Real".

Intel has a internal roadmap for CPU's that 's already being pre produced.

With the exploit still there

I really wanted a laptop equipped with an AMD Raven Ridge laptop but the only laptop is the shitty HP one in the OP.

Wait for the A485. T-series chassis, Ryzen CPU.