/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of whorology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for noobies:
youtu.be/d8X02JJkCU8

>Used watch guide:
pastebin.com/4cP1Tpri

>Strap guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

>Watch essentials 102:
pastebin.com/VBAu4Rwi

>Previous Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/New-Invicta-Reserve-52mm-Bolt-Zeus-Quartz-Chronograph-22157-Stainless-Bracelet/162847088002?epid=25011366431&hash=item25ea715d82:g:Qn8AAOSwR29ZL1PW
youtube.com/watch?v=DkWUJWUZu10
youtube.com/watch?v=jkbwQjs2L6g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what are you wearing tonight /wt/?

Omega speedmaster

first for nato straps

SRP777

Which watch has the biggest windy knob?

That was my thought. There has to be bigger though.

It retails for $3495.00 and it's selling right now for only $229.99? What an amazing deal. You should buy it.

Watchfags. Can someone tell me wtf this thing is?

NSA camera

>S-SHOCK
lmao this can't be real

Left nut

It's a SKMEI, I've seen loads of people wearing them, pic very related they must sell millions of them every year.

How the fuck do I get the crown back into the vostok movement?
If I press the little button it goes in but it still comes out.
Did I break something? I don't think so, I pulled it out very gently.

a knockoff of a casio
if you wear it, watch people will think you are poor and/or stupid. normies will just think its ugly and it is just a very basic digital chrono with none of the other features of the G-Shock it's trying to copy, so its shape makes no sense, you can't justify wearing something so ridiculous if it isn't functional.

you throw that fucking piece of shit in the trash and buy a decent watch. fucking slavshit males

is this a joke?

ebay.com/itm/New-Invicta-Reserve-52mm-Bolt-Zeus-Quartz-Chronograph-22157-Stainless-Bracelet/162847088002?epid=25011366431&hash=item25ea715d82:g:Qn8AAOSwR29ZL1PW

You'll be fine. Are you sure you're pushing the stem all the way back into the watch? The clutch design of the crown can be confusing too, makes it feel like the stem is loose. What happens when you push the stem as far as you think you can push it and then you try to wind the crown?

thanks bro, I got it in
looks like i wasn't screwing it in all the way

What's wrong with you?

youtube.com/watch?v=DkWUJWUZu10

there is no god

Did you guys open the image? That thing I circled. What does it do? I have a watch with one and it just pulsates with the second counter.

I'm not here to meme. I'm just an e/lit/ist passing thru, and I saw this general. Always wanted to know wtf it was.

Ebay iirc. I plan to request one with a Gerber in a few drills for giggles.

Where do I start if I wan't to buy my first watch?

SKX007J

>5'8
>53mm watch
manlets, when will they learn?

nah, it's invicta

Seiko SNE437

Snk809

... now I have no idea which to get. Are there any guides online?

Favorite aviation watches?

Anyone know anything about chotovelli?

>windy knob on wrong side

no thanks

It doesn't even have a red stripe!

Why is this not popular?

I would use it every day, but the only place I can find 24 hours dial watch is a russian website.

Which one? I think I've finally decided on a diver that I like.

Because the watch is a frankenstein.

>guides
Not really. Kind of just have to pick what you like and research and read/watch reviews

What watch is this?

fug I should have taken my snow pic during the day

Yea, you would have seen the yellow snow two inches away

U dum?

oris big crown, it's in the name

cheapest place I have found on new marathons is wilson watch works

It was just a spotlight from a nearby store
I wouldn't put my watch in piss

at the nearest watch shop

Look into the various styles/genres (diver, dress, field, chronograph, etc) of watches and see which one suites your life/style best. Then when you know what genre look into the watches in that category and research more.

Can i get some answers please.

need to order a perlon for my alpinist

15 seconds of googling for your shitty knockoff watch seems to suggest it's a 2nd time zone hour indicator.

Omg. CAN WE FORGET THE FUCKING WATCH. THAT SAME SHIT IS ON OTHER WATCHES, EVEN HIGH END ONES. I JUST USED THAT FUCKING IMAGE AFTER A QUICK SEARCH BECAUSE IT WAS LARGE AND CLEAR.
ARE ALL OF YOU AUTISTIC? YOU CAN'T COMPREHEND?

mad

>Hey guys here's a picture of a cheapo alibaba watch that might very well not have any real functionality beyond a basic digital timer since it cost all of $13 to ship from china to wherever the fuck I live. What does this thing on not my watch do? Btw the pictured watch isn't my model. Guys what does this thing on some brief factory run chinese knockoff shit do?
>ARE ALL OF YOU AUTISTIC? YOU CAN'T COMPREHEND?
lol u dumb or something famalam?

Post feet

Are you inbred or something? It was clearly answered by this user. Use your fucking eyes faggot.

Raketa Polar

Maybe post the actual watch because. Get this. There is a difference between one product and another.

Looks great on your wrist, but I see that it's 36mm and I feel that is going to be far too small for me.

Yea it's the smallest watch I've ever owned. Also the lightest, I have to pat my wrist before taking a shower to make sure I took it off.

Glorious slavshit

Phuck me deadXD

> Two and a half years old
Just be warned

Anyone know what watch brand and model is this?

New qt limited ed Seikos

it still solid, except for the prices of course.

they arr rook the same

So what's the penis logo on on 70's Seiko supposed to be anyway?
Pretty ugly desu.

>senseless meme replies and shit taste

youtube.com/watch?v=jkbwQjs2L6g

Can't say I'm a fan. How big is it? Whats the movement? Is it better than a Seiko 5?

Meh looks cheap

it's retro you unwashed pleb

meh looks old and cheap

>repeating autist

oh it's the butthurt swatchcuck again

can you get a trip so we can filter your posts

It's supposed to look like twin quartz crystals.

I think the matte blue dial one is the hot color to get

Tell me about vostoks, /wt/. Aesthetic aside, are they actually good or just a meme?

Meme but a literal bomb proof meme founded on a reasonable logic. But still a meme.

Are they better at keeping time than the average in their price range?

Same same what they lack in accuracy they make up for in toughness

?

on a digital chronograph, that part would indicate seconds or fractions of a second while using the chrono function.

on the piece of shit you posted, it flips around meaninglessly.

dug this out of my uncles shed, should I wear it or sell it?

If you like it then wear it but if not then just toss it because it isn't worth anything.

What the fuck are their watches

Alright SIHH thoughts lads

>New ALS's
Pretty cool all round nothing bad to say about them at all
>New JLC's
Not a fan of the styles feel a bit let down
>New AP's
50-50 thin ones are really cool, new dial is really cool the other larger watches are revolting
>New VC's
This brand can do nothing wrong 2bh
>New IWC's
Feels like the same new shit we saw 6 months ago w/e
>Richard Mille
Not a fan but it's the expected for them
>Urwerk
Same as above
>Panerai
As you would expect
>Mont Blanc
I heard you guys likes ugly retro reissues. Truth be told one or two are quite nice but in general not a fan

Jesus Christ

Hodinkee's SIHH layout is a clusterfuck

I like IWC and AP showing looks fresh and coming into their own design identity

Can't be bothered with the others

I used Hodinkee "latest" to see what brands have new shit then looked at those brands websites and Instagram to look at the new stuff.

Obviously not, stop asking.

>state of nu-/wt/'s horological knowledge

Worse.

The PADI version looks nice

>padi