TODAY IS THE 71TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE VIETNAM'S INDEPENDENCE DAY (2/9/1945 - 2/9/2016)

TODAY IS THE 71TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE VIETNAM'S INDEPENDENCE DAY (2/9/1945 - 2/9/2016)

Other urls found in this thread:

shanghaiist.com/2015/02/03/taipei_mayor_ko_wen-je_promised_to.php
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Taiwan_food_scandal
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dinks

I always felt bad for the people of Vietnam. The military of my country killed millions of your countrymen.

bow down before your king faggots

why don't you go kiss ho chi minh's shriveled yellow ass.

Congratulations!

How does it feel to have lower per capita income than China, the most populated country on earth?

Congratulations Viet Nam!

Nothing, everyone know we're poor. We don't try to hide it.

the us government should give you money as apology for vietnam war

Good morning, Vietnam

Actually, they did.

[Happy Birthday to You starts playing]

IT AINT ME

Happy independence day

>kill millions of civilians and irregular troops
>still lose war
Man oh man

I think the way US bent over to get fucked raw in the ass by farmers is more than enough of an apology

Congratulations, you fabulous folk

Have a great Independance day guys! Have a good hangover! (and forget the French colonisation, btw).
:^)

who is this salty Indonesian

What about vietnam joining the tpp? Looks like it's dead in the water right now since the ttip isn't looking so hot either.

Bravo Vietnam! :3c

>Vietnam would be like South Korea right now if they let us take over

really makes you think

the dinks love the French again. they're re-learning French in schools and want it to return to the country

they've got a big café and coffee culture too

To be fair, The Hanoi area and Saigon aren't too shit.
But the country is held back by its completely undevelopped rural areas.
The closer you get to the laotian border, the worse it gets.
>Laos in charge of not ruining everything

eh, china has a more repressive government, social bonds have collapsed, trust and public manners don't exist and the people have been thoroughly brainwashed into obedience.

economies doing fine, but china is still more socially/politically fucked.

Congratulations!

>vietbros effectively decided to move on, leave the past where it should be and tighten their bonds with France
>meanwhile in Algeria

It's funny how the Vietnamese are so forgiving when you still got countries like Argentina that are angry about some shitty islands that the British took from them 200 years ago.

In the contrast, Vietnamese now come to Cambodia to find works.

We have our eternal enemy China instead.

Actual Viets and not Khmer Krom coming back because they can and now have a good reason to?

The Chinese are assholes, so that's fine.

the difference being that vietnam got everything back while argentina got shit on.
Not that the shitty islands would make any difference for argentina anyway.

Everybody hates the chinese and everybody has at least one good reason fro that though.

Didn't know it. There is a lot of Vietnamese people in France tho... Maybe that's why.
Vietnam seems to be a wonderful country (Halong bay, for the most famous example), visit it. Before bombing it. just joking.

I'm not that guy tho.

Yes, actual Viets.

Argentina had no rights to take those islands when the majority of the population was of British descent and wanted to be under British rule.

Yay!

mean to reply to:

Vietnam is Chinese clay though.

Happy birthday amigo

Well now that's something...
Perhaps the Doi Moi did have a downside.
Still, it's Cambodia. It could be worse.
it could be Thailand or China.

most people are inherently cynical about governments in vietnam/people in power t b h, so nationalism propaganda isn't as effective as it is in japan/korea/china.

nobody hates the french either or the chinese born in vietnam t b h.

Are you a Vietcong?

Hows about getting rid of communism?

>Vietcong
Vietminh* sorry.

Yes.
Thank uncle Ho every day and make America go home again.

What are you going to do, go to war againts them?

self-evolution might happen, the government talks about it and alot don't think they can maintain communism and an educated population.

some factions will obviously try to keep it in place (ie, the military, pro-china), pro-western/business factions are trying to pull a gradual myanmar/cambodia.

>social bonds have collapsed
Spoken like a man who has never been there.

China is full of tribalism. Villagers share tricks and resources between each other and are in direct competition with other villages, city vs city, region vs region. That's why all Chinese governments start by promising to unify the country.

Economy means better education, which means better manners.

Happy birthday.
We only bombed you because we were tsundere for you.

Might happen at some point. A lot of elements are already gone and the elite doesn't seem to be blind or fanatic enough to hold onto it forever.
At this point, it's not even necessary to be communist to enter the party. Universities have departments of communist studies that are essentially overall political studies and "that boring program you have to go through if you want to get a job in the administration"

fuck russia

kys

Calm down Japan, no need to be upset.

>better manners = better education

this is a no. foreign students from china still butt lines and shove each other out of the way and don't hold doors, etc. non-mainland students aren't like this.

tribalism isn't the same as public manners/trust/common courtesy. here's a quote from taipei's mayor explaining the difference.

"Even though the Vietnamese are seemingly poor, they always stop in front of red traffic lights and walk in front of green ones. Even though mainland China's GDP is higher than that of Vietnam, if you ask me about culture, the Vietnamese culture is superior."

shanghaiist.com/2015/02/03/taipei_mayor_ko_wen-je_promised_to.php

>you
>trying to argue with that famous china nationalism fanatic posting under HK flag
I mean, please find something more fruitful thing to do.

What a load of rubbish. It's just KMT salt.

>"Even though the Vietnamese are seemingly poor, they always stop in front of red traffic lights and walk in front of green ones. Even though mainland China's GDP is higher than that of Vietnam, if you ask me about culture, the Vietnamese culture is superior."

Oh man, i wish we are actually like this.

>current Taipei mayor
>has anything to do with KMT

happy birthday zipperhead

>stop in front of red traffic lights and
We always do this in Denmark, was pretty surprised when people told me it wasn't common in other countries.

Don't feel too bad Nguyen, you're still better than chinese mainlanders trying to hold to whatever remains of their culture after getting mao'd
He isn't KMT though

>expect Taiwan shutters to not talk shot about the mainland
LOL

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Taiwan_food_scandal

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_traffic-related_death_rate

You are more likely to die in traffic accidents in Vietnam than china, as an inhabitant or visitor.

>taiwan shitter can't take the truth bombs
Lol

Sorry, I used KMT in a sweeping statement for Taiwanese. What I meant was Taiwanese.

yeah, Got a (You) from my favorite poster from HK.

Is Hong Kong a nice place to study in? I'm going to Uni in about a year and I've thought about saving up and studying at HKU. What's life like there? Can I get by without chinese skills?

You can give them some of your money Ted Nguyen.

You only die in traffic in Vietnam if you're a beta cuck who can't handle his scooter. Natural selection in action.

Thank ye kindly, have a (you) back from me as well.

Also you don't have a country you pathetic faggot, enjoy being Chinese Taipei forever lol.

apology accepted, next time when you want to join this shitstorm that is China superiority debate at least get you info straight.

t. North Korea's greatest ally

AND IT JUST KEEPS HAPPENING

It's mostly from the oddity of having the political party's emblem as your national

>pathetic faggot
that's fine. Being straight is overrated anyway.
> Chinese Taipei
even better. Loving this.
We just don't care, seriously.

national flag.*

Tobe fair, the proposed alternatives are shit-tier

>meanwhile in Algeria
What's the major difference besides racial? Really made me think.

Congratulations for humiliated the Amerifat, based Viet.

Isn't that from the other political party? Democrating something something? Can't they just have a neutral flag?

>your national
>your
>national
shut up shitlord, Chinese Taipei is no country/nation. you are damaging the harmony across the strait.
I'd have you know that KMT is not my party. they are useless and belong to the trash bin. CCP is our Saviour.

>Cyprus 2.0

The Chinese communist party? I thought you hated the mainland?

algeria lost and they're muslims

>Sons of south vietnamese immigrants who fled the vietnam war tell me they beat the USA

It's actually the most neutral flag there is. Another one proposed has the same green border with a red thing at the center that loos like the japanese imperial camelia, or like a goatse depending on how you look at it.

Religion, really. A lot of the independentists were also islamists inspired by the muslim brotherhood and funded by the saudis.
Funny how they keep whining about "muh victims, muh war crimes, muh thousands of debts" while Vietnam managed to get its shit together as a fucking communist regime.
The more it goes, the more I start to believe racism has basis in reality...

facking non countries like israel or syria only happen after ww2 bcuz british too weak to control colonies so all gook and arap scum sovereign fg

where did you get your info? we adore them for what they did for HK, making it THE richest state in East Asia.
(seriously, we just don't care.)

You could but there's no point going somewhere foreign to study without learning the language. It's a waste of your time and you might as well study in your country.

You don't have to be a master in Cantonese but you should at least have some basic fluency if you want to make the year here more enjoyable.

Chinese U is also good, they and HKU are the top 2 universities here. Also, don't get involved in local politics, the media darlings are all pre-selected and nobody else will be given attention.

Overall HK is the safest city on the planet, and probably the best city on earth if it wasn't humid and hot for most of the year. Food is good, there are still arcades and fun things to do, everyone rides public transit etc. Tell me if you want to talk more in detail about anything else.

lol

maybe, after President Trump sends the army to clean up the shithole on our southern border

>90 million people live in Vietnam
Does this blow any other's mind? You never hear anything from thus country other than the war. Do they choose to isolate themselves?

>a literal shitstain from a vegetarian
Kek

>don't care
>whine to the olympics every year
???

That's Singapore, actually. Per capita wise.

>better education, which means better manners.
Chinese immigrants her can be fine but a lot are rude/disgusting. Also, the students here do this weird thing of interacting only amongst themselves versuses every other nationality that interacts with everyone.

>tell me if you want to talk more in detail about anything else
It's a pretty broad question but how expensive is it to live in HK? We hear all sorts of horror stories about housing prices or ending up living in a matchbox because you have to rely on public housing, about gas prices (which might not really be an issue, I guess most people use public transportation anyway) and stuff like that

No they're literally irrelevant, like Indonesia, the third? most populated country on earth.

East Asia, my chinese brethren. Singapore ain't not in our glorious sino-sphere.
>whine to the olympics every year
don't mind those people. They are like the umbrella scums. But that doesn't mean you guys don't love and obey to CCP, right? same thing here, we just ignore them. Praise the chinese century

Here you have a better rep than mainlanders though the educated ones from cities like Beijing and Shanghai aren't too bad. I think maybe their villagers are just garbage.

Every time something happens like a hmong chimpout near the laotian border, or champanese going mad, they try not to make a fuss about it and the news don't get reported.

HK property prices are insane. Most part of HK are more expensive than the high-end area in Paris.