Why is learning a second language so hard for Americans

Why is learning a second language so hard for Americans

Because its not important.

Not as important as theology.

Who's the hunk?

We're too busy teaching the rest of the world to speak American.

It's not

No need presumably. You only need English and you're good to go.

The only one most schools offer is Spanish, which is a gross and unattractive peasant language nobody wants to learn.

don't they still offer French and now Chinese

This. Americans have no need to learn something else. I know French fluently, and that's it.

Either that or they have too much trouble learning a new language because nobody teaches/helps them.

It's not and you know this

Most just don't see the need to learn a language that they'll never use

Only some schools.

I wish I knew how people can finally speak a language fluently. Shiiieet.

Why is not shitting your pants in supermarket so hard for Americans?
Why is not getting shot so hard for Americans?
Why is not getting fat so hard for Americans?
Why is my willy so big for Americans? :^)

you mistake users of a language with the use of a language. spanish is decent.

Is this supposed to be banter?

this desu
my school had japanese but I took spanish since I wasn't a weeb, I'm in senior year now and I fucking hate spanish. to me its a dirty spic ghetto language.

If only someone could show me ways in which spanish is not shit, it would be nice. I really regret not taking japanese now

chloe grace moretz

(you)

It's postmodern "banter", diluted wickedness, concealed poorly in a slightly ironic fashion, trying to convey more complex forms of online humour, without being too obvious in any of it's plausible statements.

Because American are too stupid to learn other languages. It's a definitely thing.

you can't even teach them the mart is not for sharting

Americans should learn English first though

Because everything is in English.
Now that I'm learning other languages I find it a pain in the ass to find and consume media in, say, Spanish. Everything's fucking translated and I have to force inconveniences upon myself, whereas with English years ago I just had no other choice if I wanted to play a game.

>Japan

Bulgaria should be dead and die and be studpid forever adn ever.

freak off

Says the Nip.

Because schools wait till we are 14 or older to offer classes for a foreign langauge. And even then it's just Spanish, French or Latin.

whatever you say my triggered friend

why the fuck would we? English is the most spoken language on the planet. fuck everyone else.

The American is an impractical creature, trying to culture it is like bathing a cat.

Only using one language IS practical.

How many speak Spanish as a first language in your country? Are you honestly telling me that not being able to understand them properly offers some sort of advantage to you?

murricuns can't pronounce the letter z and tomato correctly.

B-but learning spanish doesn't make you anti-White? (a.k.a. angry right wing caucasian)

Spanish is a 3rd world language, there's no reason to speak to them

and the official language is English. If they don't speak English that's their problem not ours.

also, with that logic, shouldn't you be practicing Arabic then?

nigger I live in caifornia
I need help to retrain my brain, I just can't enjoy spanish that much since for me its associated with ghetto shitskins where I live

t. weeb

It doesn't matter whos responsibility it is learn, not understanding even a little bit of it is only a disadvantage.
Why? We get immigrants from all over the world who can't understand each other most of the time.
Swedish is used as a lingua franca in our segregated immigrant communities, there's no point in trying to learn their separate languages because they speak Swedish even amongst themselves.
Comparing that to the massive and relatively homogenous Mexican communities in the USA doesn't make any sense.