Holy shit. My gf came into my room to talk to me and I literally screamed at her and told her to get the fuck out...

Holy shit. My gf came into my room to talk to me and I literally screamed at her and told her to get the fuck out. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my gf but I'm literally in shock from the poor scripting of Ubuntus bootloader installer. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the fucking fuck is such a stupid invasive script allowed to mess up my macs boot order? This can't be happening. I'm having a fucking breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Ubuntu to be safe and fix this broken mac. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought there was proper support for intel based macs??? This is so fucked.

Other urls found in this thread:

askubuntu.com/questions/811613/restore-apple-bootloader-on-an-intel-mac-after-an-update-grub-was-run-by-an-ex
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah, because it is a valid reason to scream at a loved one. Maybe you should have your raging autism checked.

>Gf
>Mac
>Ubuntu
You don't belong here

>my mac
kinda explains the soyposting. grow balls and fix your shit instead of behaving like a menopausing housewive on tv.

Now you get to see the cool "Do nothing..successfully" prompt

I'll be happy if she dumps you, you're not a man, you're a manchild.

it's copypasta retards

What? Just pop the hard drive out, pop it into another computer, snapshot your data, wipe the drive, and copy the data back over.

If the data is lost, it's lost. It's not her fault.

Also, why are you mad? Did you not have a secondary hard drive which you make monthly or weekly snapshots of your HDD (straight clone works too, that's what I do)?

This is entirely your fault. Entirely.

>using loonix

am i supposed to keep track of every obscure copypasta in existence now?

I can't afford another drive. I spent all my money on this mac for school

>I can't afford another drive. I spent all my money on this mac for school
you wanted this desu

just use common sense newfag, copypastas are pretty apparent when you lurk moar

>has a laptop by apple
>installs gnu/linux
>keeps os x for some reason
Pic related is you

>doesn't know how to use GRUB rescue
>can't even do a search to learn how
>calls GRUB the Ubuntu bootloader
>uses a fucking Mac like a faggot
>yells at his girlfriend like a retarded child
>throws a bitch fit and slams doors
Boot from the Ubuntu install disk and reinstall GRUB, asshat.

you need a mac for school.

>that fucking arm

whats the point of this shell? its not capable of doing anything useful and requires an boot disk to actually be fixed.

You could've at least used bait that didn't say "msdos" on it.

Boot with refind and reinstall grub

>whats the point of this shell?
To scare you. Every time you install GNU/Linux, it's like Russian Roulette and the first boot up is the moment of truth. If you're greeted by this black screen of terror, you know you're fucked.

>uses mac
you sure you your "gf" isnt actually a "bf"? there is no such thing as a mac user that isnt a faggot.

le epic :^)

>be a retard
>blame it on linux
huh

Hahahaha user can't even get grub right, lmao

Ubuntu installs it automatically, the user doesn't do anything but use the installer GUI to tell it where to install GRUB. But it often fucks up if you have multiple drives
>askubuntu.com/questions/811613/restore-apple-bootloader-on-an-intel-mac-after-an-update-grub-was-run-by-an-ex

Never trust freetards to automate an installation for you. Always install things yourself.

Lol i feel bad for your gf. Apparently, ubuntu and mac is too much for a brainlet

Nope.

New HDD can be bought as cheap as $18.00 USD.

Trolled. Next...

Heh, brainlet normie cant handle Ubuntu and a woman at the same time. Go to your gf and give her a good apology dicking and forget about this shit.

Is this copy pasta?

You need a working brain for school which is obviously not in your possession.

>getting mad over an Operating System
You know that you might be mentally ill, do you?

nice digits

a working brain won't get you laid but a macbook will help you to fit in and fitting in will get you laid.

Good bait thread. Or at least not the worst.

In the unlikely case it's not: Software is all broken, the scope of software is too big that single competent persons can do something about it, hardware is generally broken and untrustworthy and you have no future.

my GNU/Linux installations have always worked perfectly but i dont have a gf that would distract me so maybe thats why my life is so comfy.

>ls (hd0, msdos3)
LMAO @ your terminal skills

not your gf fault if you're a fucking ape unable to handle a setup(ubuntu+mac) even a 3rd world brainlet could manage.

her only fault is not dumping your immature ass right away.

apologize to her, ask her gently if you can use her laptop, download any live distro, whichever your retard mind can handle.

assuming she has windows download rufus and use it to put the iso in the usb

boot your pajeetbook with the liveusb

open a unix terminal

>lsblk

find the partition which mounts at boot, and the root of that drive.
we will assume boot is in /dev/sda1 and root in /dev/sda2

mount the root partition
>mount /dev/sda2 /mnt
mount boot partition
for dos bios:
>mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/boot
for efi bios (obv skip this if you have dos and mounted boot like above):
you need to be sure which is the efi partion, can find out with something like
>fdisk -l | grep -i efi
lets still assume it's /dev/sda1, mount
>mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/efi
chroot
>chroot /mnt /bin/bash
>grub-install /dev/sda
>grub-update
>exit
>umount -R /mnt
>echo "I'm an autist" >> myself.txt
>more myself.txt
>reboot
remove the usb and set your hd as primary boot option
take your girl out and treat her with respect.
never bother this board again with your puerile fuck ups.

this spacing

yeah Im sorry anons, realized after posting. on mobile and in a fucking hurry

OP do not follow this advice, they are trying to get remote access to your laptop

You made a mistake. an unrecoverable one. Computers are our babies, but she comes first, soyboi. you don't deserve a woman if you're gonna treat her like dirt.

>this many people not recognizing the Bernie pasta
Holy shit. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I’m so distressed right now I don’t know what to do. I didn’t mean to do that to my mom but I’m literally in shock from the results tonight. I feel like I’m going to explode. Why the fucking fuck is he losing? This can’t be happening. I’m having a fucking breakdown. I don’t want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Bernie to be president and fix this broken country. I cannot fucking deal with this right now. It wasn’t supposed to be like this, I thought he was polling well in New York???? This is so fucked.

set boot=(hd0,msdosx)
set prefix=(hdo,msdosx)/grub2
insmod normal
normal

>fell for loonix meme

chillax dude
just load the kernel, then intel microcode, then the ramdisk
insmod linux
linux (hdx,msdosy)/linux.img
initrd (hdx,msdosy)/intel_microcode (hdx,msdosy)/vmlinuz

Dude holy shit lmao is this real

use FreeBSD

absurdly low quality thread

Obviously not but thanks for the anime picture

You're welcome
Still made me laugh

What's the problem user? Just restore your backup

It happens when it boots on the wrong disk for me, and i had to ls all the stuff and found the EXT partition so it was then redirected to the good disk.
>when found the good X in (hdX,msdosX)/
it displayed "this shit is EXT partition"
>then
set root (hdX,msdosX)
set prefix (hdX,msdosX)/someshits/grub normal
But now i know that i can directly see that settings have changed so i redo.
>fixed
>no need to reinstall it's back

*set boot*
My bad.