FINNBROS! I NEED YOUR HELP

FINNBROS! I NEED YOUR HELP.

Giving this another try. Last finnanon helped with a good lead but that was where it stopped.

Within the last year, a statue of Martti Kitunen was erected somewhere in Finland. Now, there was already a monument in Viraat that I will post in a minute, that was put up in the 1930's. This is not that. This is an actual statue of him, but it may have also been erected close to the original monument, (pic related is what I believe to be the statue, but I have no way of being sure.)

1. Does anyone know where the statue is, what I am talking about? It is a new statue, erected within the last year, to year in a half.

2. Does anyone have a good quality picture of the statue? Or know the coordinates and maybe google earth will provide one?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.fi/maps/@62.2501041,23.7836028,3a,75y,265.13h,66.28t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1skwr2ZtRgungPVkDfZxQP5w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
kitusenkievari.fi
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This is the 1930's monument in Viraat. i know about this one. I'm looking for the statue.

My grandmother is first generation Finn and her bloodline descends from Kitunen (according to her relatives) She found out about the statue, but we couldn't find a picture so im hoping to find a good quality one to show her.

Here's a picture of a flag as well.

bump

I'll dump some shit to help.

Thanks bro

Needs more splosions

that place is called virrat not viraat
t. knower

Nuke incoming.

Have you tried posting this thread when it's not 5 AM in Finland?

My mistake. That's his home town, correct?

I've tried, but figured now was a good a time as any. Maybe a no sleep finnbro or an early riser

Last one. Good luck op.

Yes, he was quite the man, killed 100-200 bears and got wounded by them 3 times

That's what I've been told. He sounds like a really cool figure, and according to my grandmother at least, her family shares some bloodline descendence with him. thats why I've been looking for a picture of this new statue.

Thanks for your help brother. God speed

google.fi/maps/@62.2501041,23.7836028,3a,75y,265.13h,66.28t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1skwr2ZtRgungPVkDfZxQP5w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
i think there it is

Holy shit I think that's it.

My grandma said it was a smaller statue in a smaller town, and that looks like him and those look like bears around him which would make sense.

Do you know what it's in front of? Like, is that a gas station? Google maps wont let me zoom in enough to get a clear picture, so maybe I can search for that gas station

kitusenkievari.fi this place

e-mail them to take a HD picture for your grandmom, i bet they will do it.

lad, you made this thread 4:56 AM Finnish time.

I think this is it. I really honestly think this is it, holy shit.

So, from google translate, it says this is the Kitunen Lodge or cafe or something? Am I getting that right?

ye

I'm really considering it. Problem is I don't speak Finnish. Do you think they'd respond to an email in English?

I know, I know. But you guys are here and this is the most info I've gotten!

Someone there has to, its not the 1960s anymore.
go to "yhteydenotot" put your name to "nimi" and email to "sähköposti"

Thanks. I will defintely do this. Should I just ask if someone can send me a nice picture of the statue outside? Should I talk about my granma or just ask for the picture?

Also, what is the location of this place? Like is this the address?

Kitusen Kievari
Sampolantie 7
34800 Virrat

yes thats the location.
if you say your grandma wants a HD pic because of muh heritage they will probably get an autism boner and will definetly send it.

>if you say your grandma wants a HD pic because of muh heritage they will probably get an autism boner and will definetly send it.

Then that's exactly what I will do. Thank you all so much for your help. She's going to be very happy with this stuff. I'm really the only one of her grandkids that gives a shit about our Finnish heritage, so to be able to be the one to give this to her is awesome.

be proud of your heritage son.

Haha, I am. I mean, I learned how to sing Maamme just to be able to say I could.