Cox Cable is garbage

Anyone else on Sup Forums use Cox? Have you guys noticed how absolute SHIT service has been the past few weeks, since the start of January?

The worst part is much like other areas of the US, they basically have a monopoly in my area, the only competition is AT&T and they don't offer comparable speeds. I can only pray that AT&T rolls out fiber where I live so I can ditch Cox for good, I'm sick of this garbage.

Half the time I feel like they're throttling upload speeds as well, sometimes my upload speeds drop to zero.

Other urls found in this thread:

downdetector.com/status/cox-communications
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I have them, it's ass but they are the best in my area. I have a couple different t options like center link a local internet provider and AT&T but Cox is the only one that offers or has the best speeds sometimes.

I'm in the Las Vegas area and have them. I haven't noticed any drops thus far. I have the highest or at least second highest internet service they offer so that's probably why.

I've had absolute dogshit service the past 2 weeks, sometimes the download drops to nothing and I get disconnected from games / streaming. Other times the upload drops to 0 and I cannot stream anything which is infuriating.

Honestly, I've had a long history of garbage service with Cox I'm just waiting on AT&T to roll out fiber in my area so I can switch to them, but it's taking them forever.

According to this too lots of other people having problems with Cox currently:
downdetector.com/status/cox-communications

This is what my speeds look like right now. I'm paying for 350Mbps download, 30 upload. Strange thing is my desktop app for speedtest gives much lower upload speed tests from the same server.

>I'm in the Las Vegas area and have them. I haven't noticed any drops thus far. I have the highest or at least second highest internet service they offer so that's probably why.
Same. In Las Vegas Cox is the only option though. They are pretty good with service, and prices for the most part. Just wish that they would roll out 10gb/s soon.

I'm in Vegas too, I get decent download speeds(like 30-35MB/s) but the upload speed and latency could be better.

This is what my modem page looks like. Send help... Arris Surfboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 modem.

>watching cable
Kya

>Send help
Cox texh support here. Have you tried turning your Arris Surfboard SB8200 on, and then waiting a few minutes before turning it back on again?

>in vegas
What side?

lel

South Vegas

fucked up

Cool. I'm North.

I'm in San Diego, and they've always been solid for me. In the past I've dealt with Time Warner and Comcast, and of those three I prefer Cox by a mile.

More like Cocks Cable amiright

If I had to guess, I would guess you were using a RG-59 coax cable, and probably running it through several splitters. Also both your upstream and downstream power levels are pretty low (though they are within spec) which is odd, usually it's one or the other. Try using a direct RG6 cable from the box straight to your cable modem. If that doesn't help, contact Cox (make sure you speak to level 2 support) and tell them you need your signal rebalanced.

I'm in Vegas too. I used to have Cox but it ended up being too expensive because of the data cap. I had 25 mbps up and a 300gb data cap. I moved to Century Link and I have no data caps and the same speeds.

have had them for 12 years, no problems
they don't give a shit about torrenting or nothing

>they don't give a shit about torrenting or nothing
They lost their safe harbor immunity and got sued so they had to implement new rules. So they may reluctantly give a shit now. Still they didn't give a fuck about torrenting so hard that they got sued for it. Major points in my book.

When I had cox I got pretty good speeds. A couple times in 5 years or so they had unreliable service for a week or two. I figured they were having problems and let them sort them out. They are absolutely throttling your upload. They're also throttling your download. You didn't actually you were going to get all of their bandwidth did you?

Are you in coastal Socal? I got emails from Cox saying the mudslides are impacting service. They also said if you have no internet you can visit their store to use the internet, with no mention of refunds kek