/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cpbbuaIA3Ds
tomshardware.com/reviews/high-end-pc-audio,3733-19.html
chiru.no:8081/stream.flac
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

stax owners are gay

WHY DID I LET THE chiru.no FUCKS MEME ME INTO BUYING STAX AAAAAAAA

what are the absolute CHEAPEST headphones on the face of the planet?

earphones don't count, only full-sized cans

daily reminder that any $200 speakers will destroy $5k headphones

Naked ATH-R70x and Topping D30. D30 isn't turned on. I guess it isn't impressed.

Very nice. I wish the r70x went on sale occasionally, I can't justify $350 for something that measures so similarly to the HD600.

Maybe they'll go on sale one day! According to a MassDrop comment from a year ago they were $224 on newegg during a flash sale. They're my only headphones and I bought them because they're lightweight and don't kill my glasses. I had some shitty headset years ago that actually bent my frames. I hope they'll still be comfy after my leather pads arrive tomorrow. I'm pretty excited. 7-14 days or more for my amp. Fucking backorders.

Can anyone comment on the WA7?

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?
Nice. Who needs hands when you've got Feetâ„¢.

Clean your dusty desk!

I do that.
Once in a while.

not him but I've been dusting like a madman senpai

One of the hinges on my m40x broke and I can't find any m40x's with a m50x style hinge.

I use my headphones for music (pretty much all genres), gaming and playing my guitar so I want a neutral sound. How much would the bass boost of m50x affect me? Should I just get some other headphones?

No. Uncontrolled standing waves, resonances, reverberation and crossfeed is always a loss in fidelity.

Who can truly believe in the speakers meme? Maybe is more relaxing to listen to, but there's no point thinking it's a higher fidelity device.

Clean your desk right now and update your picture with the clean version!
Good, I'm pleased. Are you the user with the dusty record player?

>Good, I'm pleased. Are you the user with the dusty record player?
negatory just an allergic user

I'm sure the meme "M40x are better than M50x" is not real. In fact, several measurements online show a stronger bass boost in the M40x than in the M50x.

If you want neutral sound, I think you should go for the Sennheiser HD 471 or HD 569.

Sources of information: innerfidelity, diyaudioheaven, rtings, reference-audio-analyzer

Hopefully you don't have carpet. I do and it's terrible. Having to clean once a week is lame.

Stop

This

Now

Muh tired, been working on cloud nonsense all day and I just want to wing down now.
Maybe some other day?

Even if you think rtings compensation curves are not a good choice, the relative comparison shows that the M40x are less linear than the M50x.
M50x's bass extends lower, but is not louder.

Options include
- Get replacement part for m40x.
- Get MSR7.
- Get something else non-audiotechnica.

Avoid: m50x. Overpriced niggerbassy garbage.

m50x's is CLEARLY a poorly sealed measurement.
Look at the channel balance FFS.

I fell for the horns meme

Horns?

In 1-2 months Ill get these
akg k712 pro + o2 amp + fiio d3 dac
I cant wait ;3

Fiio D3 is pretty good my dude.

well im not spending hundreds on a dac im not retarded thats why I chose it

yeah but you can't get it engraved which is a deal breaker

Why are you getting them in a few months? Are you poor or do you still live with mummy and daddy like a neet faggot?

good god did you order that 12awg wire yet?

Im a student I dont live with my mom and dad since university is in another city but they still pay for rent food and school I cant ask them for more money.
I might get my first job soon thats why.
If I dont Ill just boost people in LoL till I get the money

actually i ordered audioquest rocket 44 cables got them for a good price

Most people with some money sense do move all money past some set safety minimum to some investment scheme, the moment they get paid.
Thus purchases must be planned in advance. This does of course help keep expenses under control.
youtube.com/watch?v=cpbbuaIA3Ds

>but they still pay for rent food and school
Fucking child.

Why are you so triggered?

No faggot, they just admited mommy and daddy pay the bills.

Nice try, but we all know that's just an excuse for asperger-neet-faggots on disability.

People with actual jobs buy what they want, when they want it.

h-haha im not american theres no way I can survive on my own in Albania stop acting like a fool

Monoprice memephones

how much did you pay?

You can't survive on your own because you're a developmentally challenged aspie.

Im sorry your parents don't love you user

>2018
>not owning a current mode amplifier

What the fuck is your problem kid?
Ill bite and answer but dont get on my nerves
A job here can mostly only cover rent then I would have eletricity internet bills food and school stuff unpaid for
the economy is shit
not everyone has it easy like you

They offered help, but I refused because I'm a man.

Have fun sucking dicks in college, nu-male.

also get that speaker out of the fucking corner

Lol, butt-mad neet thinks the world is too hard when in reality you're just too fucking dumb to do anything useful.

Mine didn't bother paying for school the moment it stopped being free (which happens once reaching working age where I'm from).
It goes without saying that they didn't pay for rent either so I lived with my parents while attending university and working to pay it, and of course I was also expected to contribute an amount to the household. Once I finally moved out (to Dublin, from Catalonia) I did so off my own pocket.
And I'm glad. Otherwise, I gather I would probably just be some hikikomori NEET like so many.
Yeah, noticed that. Still clicked submit.

>acting alpha while being a manlet soyboy copying Sup Forumstards
Im pretty sure you wouldn't survive in the real world punk

Lol, now you can't see your family. You're such a failure you couldn't find work in your home city.

I get it, it was too competitive because you're disabled mentally.

go

back

to

reddit

Tisk tisk, mummy and daddy might cut you off if they read that. Try not to fail out of University the same way you've failed at everything else in your life.

Go.
Back.
To.
Nigger-town.

Not as bad as you're failing at trolling right now.

But I'm so full from all these snacks you're feeding me, retard.

Got to admit that gave me a good laugh.

ugh heres another one doggy be a good boy and comment again for me soyboy

Lol, you salty af

>>salty af
noone but gamur twitch redditor kids uses that word
go kys right this instant

I'm getting paid $40 an hour to shit post. Life is good for those of us who are not poor faggots lie you.

running out of ideas you sissy little whore?

Are you as happy with your setup as he is?

Heh, that sounds familiar somewhat.

not only are u not earning anything but ur losing money from drinking too much of ur shitposting mt dew fuel u fat dumbmerican

>he got banned
kek
I bet hes one of them hd600 shills
pic related his face

I like how our faggot moderators delete individual harmless shitposts but leave off-topic threads up until they reach the bump limit.

He probably isn't.
If you haven't noticed, myself aside, there's some minimums of decency that HD600 owners do meet.

so how many other r70x tards are in this thread usually? just us? i got shorter cables for $27 so I might use these headphones more now

Where'd your wings go? Oh fuck, you're the one that changed pads that I was looking for! How hard was it to put your new ear pads on? I like your new cable btw. Do you have a link?

srh440 vs srh840? pros and cons? something better in that price range?

srh840 is better
maybe get ath m40x if u want something cheaper

look up "r70x cable" on amazon or ebay. there's a few lengths, all with the look in my image. ebay is cheaper but longer shipping times and worse return policy so I went with Amazon. Also note that all the cables will be braided rather than rubber on the black side. I was actually hoping to get rubber cables since braided ones kink.

Anyways earpads weren't too difficult to put on if I recall correctly, but i preordered the R70X and pretty much did most of my adjustments way back, so it's been a long time. They're hybrid brainwavz pads.

I don't come here often since this general is generally trash. If I listen to these tards i'd have an HE-500 and HD650. If you have any other questions ask now I guess.

New gear

Oh okay. I have brainwavz leather pads arriving tomorrow I think. Thanks for the heads up on the cable! I really appreciate it. I can't think of any other questions really. I did notice that the inside grey thin foam looked like the glue or whatever was peeling but I think that won't matter once the pads are back on. What amp and DAC do you have anyway?

What's the difference between the Beyerdynamic custom one pro and the custom studio? And why aren't the custom studios available anymore?

I'm using an M-Audio audio interface and it's enough for headphone DAC/amp tasks, but mainly because it has balanced out for my studio woofer/monitors. I don't care for the headphone DAC/amp snakeoil market much. Most I had was an Aune T1 and I hated the thing's wall wart and heat up time for the tube. Might get some flame but sound quality is generally indistinguishable for DACs and amps shouldn't color sound.
tomshardware.com/reviews/high-end-pc-audio,3733-19.html

Are they too tight with glasses with the new pads?

had to get out my old glasses but it doesn't appear to be too tight. fit is probably different though since i fucked with the headband a ton. here's a better image of how much I bent the headband here.

Wew thanks. They look comfortable. I'll take a picture when my pads arrive and I get them on. ETA tomorrow afternoon hopefully. Does the band without wings bother your head?

oh right there was that. I think I used an high grit soft nail file (those cheap 4-sided ones that you can get at any store for around $1 or less. It has multiple grits. attached image to show you) to smooth the metal out since the stock metal headband was extremely sharp and pulled hair. With the current config it pretty much only the middle portion touches my head but doesnt pull at hair or anything. Headphones are also absurdly light now. If the fit is fine with you don't remove the wings. I pretty much had no choice since my head is large.

The fit was fine for me before removing the velour pads. We'll see with the new pads tomorrow. I really hope that it doesn't change for the worse. Thanks by the way! I have some of those nail files!

>overpriced headphones
>audiofool amp
hope you're liking them liquid mids

Yeah don't bother with removing the wings then. Pads usually won't change sound too much, but might a little more since you're switching from the stock fabric (porous) to leather (more solid). Only really thing that changes is the fit and anything is better than the stock shallow pads the R70X came with.

And yeah those nail files are amazing for smoothing anything out. I always keep a few on hand.

The pads are 30mm thickness and I think the default pads are 20mm. I was really worried about the sound possibly changing by a large amount. At least I'll never need to take the pads off to clean them unlike cloth. Maintenance should be much easier now (although this was the first time I took them off).
I just use those nail filers for my nails. I never thought about using them for other things. I keep my nails pretty.

Since the thickness increased, you probably will need to turn the amp up a bit more than before for the same listening volume. Shouldn't be an issue since the R70X is fairly sensitive as far as mid-range (pricing wise) headphones go.

Should I?

>MSRP of: $24,000 CDN
wow an actual richfag. that's rare

Sounds as good as my O2 but with more power. Im loving life.

Yeah but he runs them with 16awg speaker wire lol way to save a few bucks.

depends on your headphones, O2 and Magni only are $20 bucks more and could be your last amp purchase
cheap DACs like the UAE23 work fine if your PC output sucks

Hi Tyll from InnerFidelity here

Just here to remind you that the HiFiMAN HE400S is the best headphone in its price range.

i got them used and they're using $2k worth of drivers and maybe $1k in wiring and parts inside, who knows how much the cabinent is worth, its solid wood oak tho. the $24k msrp is for their tad pro version which uses $8k drivers. this speaker isn't as good sounding as the tad pro one but it's certainly 80% of the performance. i heard them both, the tad pro one has better bass... not sure what else.

i've told myself i'm not buying better cabling until im done the rest of the system but because of your autistic ass i wasted $300 on a set of 10 foot audioquest rocket 44. hope you're proud of yourself. you nerd.

>spent $300 on meme cables
Fucking LOL

FLAC Internet radio: chiru.no:8081/stream.flac

Only top tier headphones like the SR-007 allowed.

Reasons why FLAC is superior for streaming music over the Internet:

- Free, respects your freedoms
- Smaller filesize to wav, wma lossless and alac
- Original data
- Only needs 1mbit connection
- Lower algorithmic latency than opus
- Sounds better
- Lightweight compared to youtube videos
- More crisp highs, luscious lows, liquid soundstage
- Greater resolution detail
- Resolves better
- It's not the 90's anymore, you can stream FLAC

>can afford STAX
>can't afford to take pictures
every time

Why don't you guys ever take new pictures?