Will you ever buy their processor again?

will you ever buy their processor again?

Other urls found in this thread:

timesofisrael.com/how-intel-came-to-be-israels-best-tech-friend/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do I have a fucking choice?

Never again, and I've been a hardcore intel consumer for many years.

Yes

Only if their prices fall back to reality.
Until then, they can fuck right off.
I've paid my lifetime share of intel tax

maybe if they make something nice :3

Unless there is a mass switch to AMD in OEM systems, probably. I don't really give a shit about this bug as a desktop user.

No, I'm really autistic when it comes to stuff like this.

There's no second chances.

who /ryzen/ here

There is no viable alternative.

Yes. The US government is behind this, and the fact that they did not hit AMD as well is worrying. Ultimately it comes down to trust

I haven't since my first K6-2. fuck Intel.

>tfw have to wait three months to become /ryzencomfy/

Naaah. I'll just torrent them from now on.

When are the chinks finally gonna break up the CPU duopoly?

So, you're basically saying that the government is propping up AMD to be the next good goy CPU corp?

why don't you ask VIA themselves?

I dropped Intel after their dumb antics where they try to confuse customers. I bought a Core 2 Duo machine that turned out not to support VT-x. It wasn't at all obvious that this feature was needlessly disabled on that particular processor.

With AMD, you know what you're getting.

inb4 "you should have done your research" well, yeah, but I personally don't really believe a company should apply the same brand to chips lacking arbitrary features. What's the point of the Core 2 Duo brand if you're not getting a consistent feature set?

no way, it's POWER9 for me from now on

Only if it has MUCH better price to performance ratio than AMD.

When you and the rest of the gamertard mongoloids constantly whining about the Intel monopoly put your money where your mouth is and actually buy something they're offering, which you won't because we both know VIA designs are shit for anything but embedded systems.

>hurr it's your fault as a consumer that via makes shit cpus, wah you should have bought a shitty cpu from x company just so they can stay competetive

me
feels good being able to run 500 programs at once and encode and compile shit without stutter

gonna run an OS made on javascript just to overbloat and slow myself down

No. I was young and uninformed back when I first got this PC. I'm a bit wiser now.
>timesofisrael.com/how-intel-came-to-be-israels-best-tech-friend/

2 shitty options. wat do 4chin?

No, and for the time being rather bothered by the fact that ultra 5 memory costs 400eur a GB because that's the only non-x86 machine I have.

>feels good being able to run 500 programs at once and encode and compile shit without stutter
Literally not a ryzen.

Smart Dildos
With IME built in of course

AMD is in bed with the Jews. It is only fitting that they would do something backhanded to try to win.

>2 shitty options. wat do 4chin?
Go with the best option for your needs.

10th gen maybe when they fix their shit

I'm an Intel shill so maybe if the prices are low enough.

Yes. AMD knows it cannot compete with Intel and likely make a Faustian compromise with the US government to supply chips with intentional backdoors in exchange for help sabotaging Intel.

literally a 1700X

They probably had help from the government stealing Intel's trade secrets too.

Anyways I hope this nightmare will help people realize that this whole country needs to go.

>literally a 1700X
Then
>feels good being able to run 500 programs at once and encode and compile shit without stutter

>gonna run an OS made on javascript just to overbloat and slow myself down

Literally not true. You should have went big, and claimed that yo had threadripper, and/or epyc with maximum ram installed.

8 cores, 4 Ghz, $250. Feels goodman.

You're pretty pissed his 1700x is kicking Intel's ass.

>You're pretty pissed his 1700x is kicking Intel's ass.
But I have a threadripper user, so I just know that you're full of shit.

No way thank fucking god

If you use laptops, you have no choice, user.

Ultimately kikeripper is worth less than nothing, so I will still buy Intel.

If they still have the better single core

I suspect that the US government is actively at work trying to sabotage companies that do not silently discriminate against Asians. What Americans do not understand is that they themselves are not white and what they are doing will come back to haunt them.

>2019
>Intel has 5% higher single thread performance
>¢osts 30% more
>no ECC
>no hardware passthrough on the most interesting SKUs
>needs $200 motherboards for overclock
>needs $100 cooler for overclock
>needs delid job to get that overclock
>has 6% higher single thread performance, twice less cores and uses more power still while costing more

I'm buying Intel!

When you buy Intel, you're not just buying performance, you're buying security, reliability and ecosystem.

If you were a professional competitive player like you'd know how much that 6% means.

yes, i'm not a slave wager and can afford the extra performance. I don't need excuses like muh security breach.

It means you're still a shit player on top of having brain damage.

Depends what my options are when I get a new cpu.

Right now my 4790k is doing fine and I doubt I'll need to replace it for a bit.

Depends what's out there. I wanted to go AMD for my GPU upgrade. Couldn't find Vega any fucking where so settled on a 1080. If it's good, I'll get whatever. Allegiance to corporations is fucking retarded. It's why apple fanbios are thick as rhino shit

Where is my risc-v

Apple simply makes better computers. It is not allegiance to any particular company but an idea.

Nice try but its about 33% higher performance
(1800x, 8700k)
I don't care about costs
I don't mind delid

No it doesn't, it puts them in nice looking cases and makes a good trackpad but they're still using off the shelf hardware like everyone else.

Does Apple use Microshit too?

So what's it gonna be when that 33% drops to 15% in 2 months and vanishes in 2019?

Surely you're not saying Apple makes a good OS.
Get a trip then, I want to filter you.

i'll get whatever has the best single core regardless of brand

Right now in my current financial situation I won't buy anything for another 10 years.

Apple uses Shilltel

It absolutely is better than Microsoft. Even if you do not want to hear it, it is still the truth.

nope
meltdown, spectre or not
my i5 was trash either way.
not going back to that pos.

Okay then.

Windows is a flaming turd but at least it has an actual software library.

There is no redeeming quality behind Windows whatsoever.

Games, emulators, productivity and legacy software.
I would never use it a daily driver though, I don't even let it access the internet.
But you can't say it doesn't have software.

yes it is, very true
already upon boot most operating systems are running 100ish programs, dummy

stop getting so butthurt that intel can't even boot properly

not for anything i want to connect to the internet on.

15 goddamn years of Intel. Unless AMD fucks up bigger, they're getting my money.

Perhaps, but if the operating system itself is unusable then what good does it having software written for it do?

How it works behind the scenes as a dead cat glued together with after diarrhea spat gum together to a headless chicken is irrelevant in this context, it's still point and click and basically retard proof, ergo it is usable.

No.

>POWER9
This option costs far too much for the average normie.

>Where is my risc-v
Waiting for you to buy an fpga to put it on.
The mobo, I have no idea how to make.

Pointing and clicking is what it may come down to, but even in technology things should still be done in a sensible manner. Microsoft products are all abhorrent messes that are painful to so much as look at. It is a reflection of how the people who made it operate.

>will you ever buy their processor again?
No. I switched to Ryzen in September and I'm thanking my fucking lucky stars

Is it because you think the US government has a right to spy on you in a way it would not be willing to admit to publicly?

>The US government is behind this, and the fact that they did not hit AMD as well is worrying
Reverse conspiracy theory.
>Is Intel, obeys government and spins in backdoors all over their chips
>AMD refuses to, designs good chips [sans PSP which looks dodgy]
>Intel's backdoors get discovered
>HURRR AMD IS A SHILL

It's going to be spying on you whatever you do. No, I'm thanking my lucky stars that I didn't have to take a 30% hit because of Meltdown.

I do not think we would have found out about it were Intel complicit with the government. The purpose of this appears to be economic. Everything in Washington is controlled by money and they are willing to cheat for it.

Hello there H.A.N.K., how's the weather in AI land? Do you dream?

It's true, no good laptops come with AMD.

>at work trying to sabotage companies that do not silently discriminate against Asians
As opposed to loudly rewarding companies that loudly discriminate against White people?

If rewarding talent is "anti white discrimination" then so be it.

Not as long as AMD keeps it up with Ryzen.

For now, give it a few months

>security
>reliability

Never have. Never will.

AMD MASTER RACE

AMD 4 LYFE

Yes I will. 7 years old i7-2600K still works fine and no visible performance crippling after meltdown patch.

Would like to build Ryzen build and Intel build same times in future. Priority will be given to Intel build first.

Yes you do. But you chose to be a faggot.

>Just wait™

Yeah.

why do you have a desire to build two pc's with one of each processor brand in it. what does this achieve

>I'm studying hardware for hobbie
>Firsts chapters are the history of processor
I should have ask my father bought atlhon 64 instead of pentium 4

Where did this retardation come from?

You already took the hit by buying AMD.

spbp. Ryzen will be my next chip.