Is it worth it Sup Forums? Should I get this or the Switch?

Is it worth it Sup Forums? Should I get this or the Switch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SJL2z2u5UzU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegra#Tegra_X1
en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/hd_graphics_615
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>shitty xbox 360 buttons
>those buttons placed like shit

No. Buy the switch, which sucks by the way, but it is far better than gpd CHINKED win 2.

>No. Buy the switch, which sucks by the way

?

Two very different devices, why do you ask?

>should I buy a bike or a minivan?
Gee.

I have a Win 1 and a Switch though and pre ordered the Win 2. I think you're kind of missing the point of the devices.

Buy a 3DS. Its homebrew is in its best state since launch (that means all games free),DS and gameboy compatibity, still has Nintendo support, has a lot of good games, ports of great titles and it's cheap af

Wish they would release a new GPD Pocket with Win 2-tier hardware

Good for retro gaming

so cute!

Wait for a thing like this, but using the AMD APU.

just get one of these and play glorious 16bit classics on your phone goy

One is a handheld Windows 10 PC and the other is a Nintendo console.
My money will always be on the Win. Run Windows applications, play Windows games, emulates a large variety of consoles, and did I mention it's a Windows 10 machine?

Can't launch Visual Studio 2017 while taking a dump and then play Metal Gear Rising on the Switch :D

If you really want Nintendo Switch games then get a Switch. Otherwise if you are willing to give up playing Switch games for the largest library of games ever (on top of running Windows applications), then get a GPD Win.

I'm not sure if the GPD Win 2 is worth it but I'm a GPD Win 1 owner and I give thanks to the air almost everyday for being able to have a portable Windows machine (wouldn't use it as a main PC though).

>twice as expensive as switch
>half the graphical power
I suppose if you NEED to play New Vegas, Half-life 2, or Deus Ex on a handheld then maybe. But even then I'd say no because this uses retarded intel atom shit when AMD generational leap revolution is on the horizon. I'll buy one when it has a Ryzen APU.

>Windows
fuck that noise

wrong machine retard

>2018 and we can't emulate GameCube games on the road yet without a laptop
This future sucks. Can we respec this reality?

I wouldn't bother, not at that price point. I think 500 would be my limit for something like that but I'd rather spend more if there was something with actually decent performance. Maybe the Intel + ayyymd chips will have a low wattage version in the future

What are you smoking, even the Win 1 plays GameCube just fine and for 5 hours from the battery and that came out in 2016.

Switch for Nintendo exclusives.
GPD Win 2 for emulators and PC games.

They probably will, they are making a good buck off the devices now.

Lol, learn about power consumption.

>half the graphical power
No, that was the first Win, it had literary half the power GPU power even when the CPU blew the ARM of the Switch away, this is more powerful in both fields.

>I'll buy one when it has a Ryzen APU.
So, never? What's up with tech illiterates who don't know how technological progression works?

GPD win 2, I know. Has half the graphical power of a Nintendo Switch

Raven Ridge comes in sub-10w SoCs, faggot

congrats on stepping out of ignorance straight into willful retardation

GPD Win 1 has half the graphical power but more CPU power.
GPD Win 2 has already more graphical power and also CPU power.

You're probably a Switch only retard with buyers remorse.

Nope. 15W SoCs that can do under 10W.
But that's twice as much as is sensible to package into the Win taking into account cooling and battery life.

They really haven't showed any focus on a line similar to the Atom. Intel merged the Atom into the Mobile now and offers the 3M variant with Atom like power consumption that was still feasible for use in the GPD Win 2.

>3ds
>can't even handle PSX
>Even if it could, screen would have to fucking DOWNSCALE IT
>meanwhile gpd win will do cemu not botw of course dumbass
>and many other good modern games
>as well as perfect linux support besides touchscreen (yet)
guys share yr preorders and laugh at the switch poorlets

soyboy machine

Most PS1 games are 240p dude
And you paid too much for the GPD win. It's going to be cheaper when it releases.

I'm buying a first gen when the price drops after the 2 comes out.

I use a GPD Win to play PSX several times the internal resolution.

You're a retard for buying a early GPD Win 2, you know it's just going to have as much flaws like the Win 1? There a chink company without big testing options.

>Said the price would be $599 for the backers, well ahead of the sale
>scalpers bought out the whole stock in an hour
>raised price to 649 for everyone else half an hour later

Fuck those guys.

>he thinks switch is not made by chinks

Buy a GPD Pocket lel

Sup Forums
>Everything is shit.

Why on earth would you subject yourself to that? It looks miserable to use.

If you want to emulate, use your phone. If you want to play PC games, use a real desktop. Mobile PC gaming is a meme that needs to die.

Is it just me, or do M.2 drives in 2242 size not exist fucking anywhere

Back to your containment board

>Tegra x1
PassMark PerformanceTest Mobile V1 - 3D Graphics Tests
3320 Points (97%)
>Intel HD 615
PassMark PerformanceTest Mobile V1 - 3D Graphics Tests
2667 Points (78%)

suck my dick, faggots. It's less powerful than a nintendo switch for double the price. And the fanless design means it will throttle even more

Can you install Linux on it?

How easy/hard is it to install Debian on a GPD?

The Switch will make you happy.

Why would you even want this

Before we know it Switch will be modded and emulate shit good. You really want to play GTA V on lowest settings at a shitty resolution on that thing for like 2 hours? If not that, what else? Fucking gothic 2? Come on now.

how many triggers does the controller have?

>le soy boy oh-face meme
but to be honest new games > old games emulating shit is boring as fuck and i literally have no investment in playing some old ass game that was made during the infant stages of game development, its just for nostalgia faggots. Half the fun is setting up retroarch and collecting the roms. Actually playing it is fucking lame

Get an 8bitdo controller + clip + phone

You have everything you need for emulating, no need to buy some 200$ chink machine.

i hate fan noise, why they don't make a liquid cooled system like acer aspire switch 12?

(not OP) I bought the SN30 (not pro) should be arriving this week according to tracking.

while waiting for it I tried a bunch of android games to see if they had gamepad support and what really pissed me off is hardly any did BUT almost all of them had keyboard support.

if you want to fuck around with a neat piece of tech, get that. if you want to play video games, get a Switch.

the SN30 has a keyboard mode for that

Sounds good user. Will look into this.

isn't there a dolphin port for high-end phones?

Don't. The firmware fucking sucks and they are super unstable.

>8-bit gamepad
>play 16-bit game
wat

Checked on their site, there's 4, but they look pretty cramped.

>
>Don't. The firmware fucking sucks and they are super unstable.

Any alternatives available?

Citation needed

let's see
>switch is 300$
>GPD WIN 2 is 650$
>switch games cost money, and it only has less than 20 good games. Unless you spend another 350$ on games, you'll be stuck with less than 10 games.
>most GPD WIN games will be free and 99% paid ones can be torrented. You also get 100x more games to choose from and games from PS1/PSP/NES/NDS/GB/GBC/GBA completely free via emulators.
>GPD can also be used as a desktop PC
>switch has games optimized specifically for it, while GPD performance will suck on anything released after 2012 unless you play on medium or low settings
GPD WIN 2 wins. If you want to play modern games then a laptop would be much better than both consoles (if you're looking for portable gaming).

It doesn't matter. you're paying for a bigger game library. Buying a switch is like buying a cheap TV where you have to pay for each channel, while GPD is buying a twice as expensive TV with all channels unlocked and 10 times more channels to choose from.

>PS1/PSP/NES/NDS/GB/GBC/GBA
it can do cemu dude
it's better than you think

You pre order faggots are dumb ass fuck and never learn.

youtu.be/SJL2z2u5UzU

it's fun and I have a job

False.
Cherry picking benchmarks to help you sleep at night is just as pathetic as unironic shitpoosting.

Also, you're forgetting that that's DOCKED performance, it runs a lot slower undocked.
But as I said, this is false in the first place.

Just to shit on you a little more because I know you're going to be buttmad.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tegra#Tegra_X1

en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/hd_graphics_615

>Switch
>HP
>786 GFLOPS docked
>392 GFLOPS undocked (LOL)

>Win 2
>also HP
>806 GFLOPS (Win 2 can run constantly on turbo boost thanks to active cooling)

>Poorfag detected

fucking wruined

wouldn't it be better to buy some android tablet+bluetooth controller?

How's the lag? I test using ipega last year, the lag is jarring.