Explain to me right now why you don't have pic related. it's unequivocally the best processor on the planet

explain to me right now why you don't have pic related. it's unequivocally the best processor on the planet.

Other urls found in this thread:

patreon.com/ziru
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I heard it's the first to have bottlenecking issues with ram. Is that true? That's some fucked up shit my nigg

cuz i got the 1700x instead

Because my current CPU still works fine for my purposes.

no laptops with it

Because I can just overclock the 1700 and get the same performance.

because if i buy a new CPU i buy the whole rig. my 2014 build is still holding up fine. i don't play games much anymore and i don't want to pay out the ass for a GPU.

I got a 7600k early last year.

i have the r5 1600 but i cant make my ram go above 2k when it should do 3k just fine

I got an 8700k for lower than retail

>"I'm okay with hardware insecurity flaws and have no problem with the only solution is to reduce performance by 10-30% a couple of years after purchase (or in coffee lake processors, 3 weeks)"

kek

I bought the CPU before the flaw was exposed, you mongoloid.
>10-30%
Not even true.

WAITING FOR THE APPUUUUUU

SHIT

I DON'T THINK I CAN HANDLE MORE THAN 1 MONTH

I'm already buying the parts.

There are upcoming microcode patches.

> I like having shit single core performance

I'm waiting for actual benchmarks before picking up a 2400G

AyyMD hasn’t had anything good since socket A.

Security flaws that take an impractical amount of time to exploit with a very specifically targeted attack.

Intel knew about the Meltdown flaw several months before they launched Coffee Lake

You okay with that sort of behaviour soyboy? This is fucking serious. Could you imagine if Ford or Merdeces-Benz knew about a problem with the brakes not working correctly and then they still launch the affected cars?

Intel knew about Meltdown in June 2017 and launched Coffee Lake in October 2017 (which they rushed like fuck, since the normal release cycle for Intel is on February each year)

If it is anything better than the A10, it is going to be great.

Because I have Intel already and I don't have like infinitive money supply.

BTW, waiting for Ryzen laptop, thin as macBook air, good as Thinkpad.

The 1700 is a much better value you cunt.

My desktop still works

because i dont have a graphics card

THIS

I am waiting for zen plus and am4 mobo refresh

That was true at release bios updates fixed it. This was related to mobos not the chip Btw

Because I'm waiting for the 2nd gen Raven Ridge

ideapad 720s

because I don't want to buy anything new until x86 finally dies out

>explain to me right now why you don't have pic related. it's unequivocally the best processor on the planet.
I hate redditors, and r/amd.

I'm waiting for zen2 threadrippers on 7nm desu, my 3930k at 4.6ghz can hold on until then.

did you update your motherboard bios? if you havent then i suggest doing so

it costs more than 65 bucks

I'm considering the second generation. My 4930K is running at 4.5GHz so I have to at least match that.

also I await ryzen two (2) too (as well)

>Not even true.
Depends on what you're doing. If you're gaming it has no effect. If you're running a server, it can hit you with up to a 40% drop. Database workloads are fucked.

where are my /poorfags/ @?

waiting for zen+ :^)

1. I'm not a Pajeet
2. I got an 8400

because i have this

>threadripper
>ramlet
?????

Mine died after 5 years, 1700x inside its new home now.

Will Ryzen 2/Zen+ fix the fucking shit RAM speeds on Ryzen?

>64gb ram
>ramlet
???

order picture only has 32

yes, because i already had 32gb of ram.

6700k still beats AMD even with flaws THAT HAVE BEEN PATCHED YOU SHILL

Also AMD is affected by specture

there is no working PoC, and the preexecution environment is less predictable, making it works a substantially smaller amount of the time

What Mobo combo buy?

additionally the difference in the amd style arch the speed wouldn't be impacted as much by a patch

waiting for Feb 12th

b/c waiting for Zen+, and ram prices have gone into orbit right now. Might build a comfy 4 core next year.
Has the alleged Ryzen segfault been fixed yet? I'm not caught up on the news.

>buy ryzen now
>sell ryzen when new ones come out
>buy new ryzen
what i'm doing nig

because I have a comfy fx-6300 and have zero desire to upgrade

>unequivocally the best processor on the planet.

*blocks your path*

I'm poor

Because I have a Threadripper 1900x, pleb

That's just two Ryzens together. So in effect you don't have one of the best processors, you have two.

Threadripper is still part of the Ryzen line, turd.

Because they don't make a 13-14" notebook powered by a 2500U.

This is the Lenovo IdeaPad 720s. Say something nice about it!

>single channel

I can't say much...

If fansubbing were less dead and I could still get donation moneys (ie autism bux by proxy) I would build my theoretical next encoding box with epyc.
Oh well. I'll just have to settle for the odd x265 job now that ptp finally allows it.

gonna get one in a few weeks. right after someone buys my old intel cpu

the faster the ram the faster the cpu

a free overclock

Because my next desktop isn't going to be x86

You can translate light novels on patreon like this guy here patreon.com/ziru
He does godawful metaphrase translations of several LNsand gets paid for it
because weebs

Damn you got fucked, I got a 6600K in 2016 but you just got a slightly overclocked version of mine like a month before 8600K came out. Identical performance.

Because the CELL cpu is more fun to mess with

More like a $400 overclock, courtesy Samsung and co.

Kawaei Rina's birthday? Why?

It's the , everything has multi-cores support. Even CEMU has it.

i just picked up an i7 8700k

get on my level bro

I've been thinking of upgrading soon though. There should be plenty of people selling off their Ryzens when the new edition, or the one after that, comes.

Shit, son, I have a 7 year old Athlon II x4 running strong.

I'd rather wait for ThinkPad A285

>Also AMD is affected by specture
but wait didn't the guys that declared that not even test it on real hardware but in a vm or another architecture?
>totally credible sause

>Intel knew about Meltdown in June 2017 and launched Coffee Lake in October 2017 (which they rushed like fuck, since the normal release cycle for Intel is on February each year)
one last fleecing of the goy

Wow nice! You have a complete piece of shit!

>lenovo

bcos when i was building my computer ryzen wasnt a thing

Thanks! I mostly use it to play SteamOS indie games on the TV.

I do my real stuff with a laptop.

It's not like only fast ram prices went into the sky. Any ram was affected.

I'm nowhere near weeb enough to speak nip. I had prior experience with xvid back in the day and started helping out.

Pick up an i7

Intel knew about meltdown since june. If it was fixable via microcode they would've already done that instead of messing with software developers.

Meh, it runs the games I throw at it. Lately I've been wasting my time in the Darkest Dungeons.

I was thinking of getting some high end i7 from Haswell era but after the Intel news I'll probably go with a low/mid end second hand Ryzen when some come available. AMD will probably go with AM4 or AM4+ for few generations so I'll have a good upgrade path too.

im waiting for gpu and ram prices to come down before a new build so i dont foresee that ill be getting this any time soon

>1800X
Yes, be a good goy and pay overprice for an R7 1700

Waiting for Ryzen+. Prolly gonna get r5 2600.

>one last fleecing of the goy
> "last"

There's never a "last," just new FUDSPAM.

Intel only updated microcode for Ivy Bridge-E(N/P/X), Haswell and above. They did not update the older ones, including mainstream Ivy Bridge. That said, most mobo/laptop manufacturers only update the BIOS for at most Skylake and above. Those running on older platforms have to mod the BIOS themselves to protected from Spectre V2.

You could mod your BIOS(if you wish to protect from Spectre V2) with MMTool 5.0.0.7 and pop in a cheap 12 core Xeon E5 V2 from ebay in there.

Mine ran worse than a 1600, albeit without O/C. I have also updated my microcode to 42A which might be a contributing factor, since only Haswell and above have PCID optimization(which reduces performance impact).

Your point is? A 6700K performs worse than a 5820K(~between 1600X and 1700 in optimistic situations) in multithreaded applications. In single-threaded applications an i3 8350K would perform better than an i9 7980XE.

BECAUSE I AM NOT PULLING OUT MY ADVANCED INTEL CPU COVERED IN 10CM OF DUST AND BUYING SOME OTHER CPU JUST BECAUSE YOU SAID SO.

I'm poor.
But i would if i could unlike apple devices.

The cooler is not stuck with some of those, is it?

Nah its OK I cleaned it. Was just the fan and heat sink covered in dust. Kept shutting down to protect CPU but is back to normal now.

because i've got pic related, no time for corelets desu

>get 1700
>OC to 3.7GHz 1.18v gets almost 90°C hot (not even including RAM running at 2933MHz )
>reseated and reapplied TIM a bunch of times
welp