Replacing a smartphone with things that aren't shit

After last night's leaks, it's clear to me that I can't use a modern smartphone for much longer. I've already hated much about the modern smartphone but those leaked slides push me over the edge and now I want to find a replacement for my smartphone and I don't care how many separate devices it will take. what's the people on G advocate for never only one anyway discuss how to replace this functionality in a way that can be livable for someone who's at least semi normie. that means it needs to be plausible to carrie whatever is suggested on one's person. I'm saying this because I know some of you are artistic enough to think it's reasonable to suggest that someone carry a ThinkPad x220 everywhere they go.

>music playback
Should be easy because several companies still make MP3 players are various sizes I can be as cheap as $40.

>camera
Any point and shoot were greatly albaform a smartphone but it would take up one of your pants Pockets too carry it around everywhere. Not that most people actually need to have a camera on themselves all the time anyway.

>email, scheduling, messaging with normie friends and family, note taking ect.
The only thing that comes to mind is the Gemini and it's not clear if that thing is going to be good or not. Some Sup Forumsentlemen might find a terminal only computer running on a single board computer to be serviceable but it wouldn't be usable for the more ordinary users on Sup Forums.

>"I don't care only fuck up half my shit senpai"
If we're lucky we'll get the librem 5 next year but it will likely be very expensive for what it is. your projects to bring GNU/Linux as a custom rom to Android phones but due to the fractured and non-standard nature of Android Hardware, it's only likely to go anywhere anytime soon.

I'm probably forgetting some use cases for smartphones, like social media, but that could be easily done from a competent web browser.

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com/roombas-next-big-step-is-selling-maps-of-your-home-to-t-1797187829
stackoverflow.com/questions/4378435/how-to-access-accelerometer-gyroscope-data-from-javascript
youtube.com/watch?v=kcGqkvjKCvA
albaform.com/about-us/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump

What happened that made you so tilted

>last nights leaks
Seconded. Explain please? We all knew phones were fucked up; how can you release the same phone five times with no increase in quality..?

>If we're lucky we'll get the librem 5 next year

Purism is a scam.

How?

It was some tinfoil hat shit saying nsa is watching and listening to you at all times through your phone.

did you just come in? Will you busy having a life yesterday? Someone leaked some crazy orwellian shit that's some big publisher was planning to do on Sup Forums. It got deleted and now it's being discussed on here and Sup Forums.
>

they don't provide quite as much software Freedom as they advertise when the case of the librem 5 it's a huge improvement over the average smartphone. that's why it's under "just fuck half my shit up."

You are naive if you think smartphones are not being used against their alleged "users" on a regular basis. Even giving you the benefit of the doubt, I find a smartphone is bad at everything except for being a narcissistic dipshit.

>You are naive if you think smartphones are not being used against their alleged "users" on a regular basis. Even giving you the benefit of the doubt, I find a smartphone is bad at everything except for being a narcissistic dipshit.

In what way? I think they are more than capable of being used to spy on whomever an agency in question wants to spy on, but what do you mean by "regular basis"?

I'm not going to start leading a unabomber lifestyle because of slides posted on Sup Forums. If I was paranoid enough to get rid of my smartphone why stop there? You aren't suddenly immune to all surveillance, inside and outside your house, because that one device is gone.

>Orwellian shit
KEK. Yeah man. Selling maps of a house is like gold for advertisers. Of course they are going to do that. Rumba is already doing it man. If someone wants maps of my house they can just look in Zillow for shits sake and Im sure the floor plan is in the public domain.

gizmodo.com/roombas-next-big-step-is-selling-maps-of-your-home-to-t-1797187829

Nig-nog look at this article; you can use the phone's web browser's DOM to access gyroscope when the web browser isn't even active, as long as your script is loaded into the page.

Some devs were smart enough to even play a ghost noise on your phone on page visit because the object created for accessing mobile audio had other methods to it that would help them discover your name and shit.

If they have access to this and a few other basic APIs they have the ability to record your phone's lockscreen. See podcast securityNow for more; Steve is old but a very attentive explanation is given by this gent.

stackoverflow.com/questions/4378435/how-to-access-accelerometer-gyroscope-data-from-javascript

Your post makes it pretty obvious you're a newfag from Reddit.

>Rumba is already doing it
why does every new technology have to have rape attached?

Anyway, I forgot about the GDP Win but I'm not sure if I should add it to the list of smartphone replacements since there's no option to have LTE. It's not feasible to try and bum off of public WiFi everywhere you go. At least until we achieve some kind of mesh net utopia where there's free WiFi everywhere I will never have to worry about cell phone antenna triangulation ever again.

Gemini PDA

I mentioned it in the op but there's no guarantee it's going to be good. it will definitely need KEDPlasma mobile to be usable on such a small screen.

I wasn't very clear before but, I started this thread to discuss smartphone replacements for a range of users, not just myself. I could potentially live without a pocket computer with LTE internet as much as I love being able to lurk Sup Forums wherever I go. If this thread was specifically about myself, I would it be asking when I could expect Mozilla deep speech to be usable for full speech dictation.

Personally, I might be satisfied with a separate MP3 player, feature phone or a GDP pocket or Gemini. that last part would depend on availability of Plasma Mobile and how well I can deploy my i3 rice on Ubuntu or Debian.

>why does every new technology have to have rape attached?
Because it was always the goal. The goal was never to make your life better, the convenience attractive coating is the troyan horse. The goal was always surveillance and total power.

youtube.com/watch?v=kcGqkvjKCvA

Use a search engine, nigger.

You can use a gpd pocket/win/xd depending on your specific needs for your mobile computing needs. Mp3 player for music and a dumb phone for a phone. You can get a Sony nex for your relatively portable camera.

>albaform
>albaform.com/about-us/
Not sure what this has to do with smart phones.

I've actually been thinking about this problem, but for reasons other than worrying about companies checking my underwear drawer. Theres a difference between some marketing fucks proposing shit and it actually happening yet. I'm looking to reduce redundant devices, and a light duty acompanyment to a desktop replacement class laptop.

Here's some ideas that I thought of, mostly focusing on a device that can handle a web browser and basic communications.

GPD palmtop computer. Maybe US 300? The keyboard version, not the gamepad one. Probably the smallest functional browser that wouldn't drive me crazy.

Some form of tablet PC, as close to the Ipad's form factor as possible. Passive cooling prefered. Preferably detachable keyboard. Run without keyboard in folo case.

eg:
Microsoft surface
Asus transformer
Lenovo Miix

I was also thinking of some sort of 7-8 inch tablet, possibly dual redundant android tablets, with LTE connectivity, but that probably doesn't meet OP's needs.

So its just some made up faggotry by some ultra autists ok

>GUYW I WILL STOP THE EBUL GOBMENT FROM SPYING ME
>BY COUNTINING USING THE INTERNET LOL

Go and.live in a hole in the woods and you still will be spied on you fucking idiot, if the goverments wants to fuck you they will regardless of the OS or phone you are using

But this is an obvious shill thread to push your shitty product and retards are eating it up so gj ig

Did you type this post from a phone?

>wants to replace his smartphone
>clearly posts on 4chinz from a smartphone
You will stay on your „smart“phone for ever, my dude

ill posed, vibrant screens are the meth of normies, the correct decision is not owning any ''''smart))) devices

long adhd drug research now

literally ordered this after yesterday. I'm not going to be a part of this shit even if it costs me some convenience.

>bombarded with notifications all the time
>convenience

as comfy as pager duty
When I see my colleagues sent emails from home I always lose a little faith and die a little inside. These morons won't even realize their behavior normalizes exploitation

How arrogant are you that you think you matter so much and your information is so important that if the government or agencies that take a massive amount of information in which yours is a tiny fraction gives you the need to switch away from these technologies as soon as possible

Many aspects of your life have been already extensively monitored by agencies. If they wanted to harm you with such data they would have done it already, 3D map of your room or not. You'd be fucked silly. If you really needed to be that safe you'd take these precautions a decade ago.

>flee into the middle of country
>lay down
>come out from the middle of nowhere
>problem solved, you are a new person

I don't know why you fags always think it's about the government.

I was curious and it turns out my homes floor plan is already public, fuck this gay earth

Ironically, yes although I was at my desk using my real computer. I am living proof of how bad american public schools are. They never taught me how to spell and instead told me that expensive softer would fix the problem. I've been dependent on either having someone to scriba for me or using Speech-to-Text software my whole life. I used to use Dragon Naturally Speaking but, after Windows 7 locked me out when it thought it was pirated one time, I use KDE Connect to beem the output of Google's voice typing into GNU/Linux.

If you ever meet someone who says that voice recognition will replace with a keyboard, stab them in the crotch for me. I'm living in the "future" and it fucking sucks. This use case is unique to me so I left it out of the op.

>You will stay on your „smart“phone for ever, my dude
yeah, it's a shameful display. At this rate I should just take the slayer oath and think about do I want to hack to death while I'm running around shirtless and barefoot with a mohawk and a pair of hatchets in my hands.

ez strawman to beat up

Are there any emulaters or linux clients for whatsapp

why would that ever be considered a big deal?