My G500 is taking a shit

My G500 is taking a shit.
I can't left click but 50% of the time.

Can you guys recommend a Sup Forums approved mouse? I have big hands, so it doesn't matter if it's on the larger side.
I've never really looked into mice because I liked this one, but I guess I'm gonna have to grab something new, so help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

how about googling a fix. all you have to do is straighten out the metal piece of the switch

I've taken it apart a few times.
It clicks fine, I believe the button has failed underneath.

But I may take it apart again just to see if I can fix it beforehand, because it's a great mouse impo.

G502

I've had the same mouse for 7 years. Love the way it feels. It occasionally loses connection for a second if I mess with the cable too much. I should try and fix it, but lazy.

Grabbed a Steelseries rival 300 a while back, it's been bretty gud. I don't know whether that is Sup Forumsat approved or not though.

Is the warranty still valid?

I have the same and highly recommend it.

Get a TrackBall and that will last for years.

G400

Have it too, it's alright

Who g400 here?
6 years in and I don't think it's ever going to die. Will Logitech ever take my money again?

I own the same mouse. Best mouse I have ever owned in my life. The only thing wrong with mine is that the upper DPS button has lost its clicky feel

i bought an MX master 2s yesterday because it was $100 instead of $150 AU and i'm not sure about it. i usually like smaller mouses and i have that claw grip or whatever and i dunno if it works with my hand. great mouse if it works for you though.

I think the root cause of the problem is that you’re pounding the mouse in a fit of beta male rage when you lose. This problem can be resolved by leaving the house and getting pussy to chill younthe fuck out.

>tfw spent 3 hours trying to put back the metal piece just to see the plastic cap btfo to oblivion when trying to put it back on

MIne did the same thing... After years of faithful service.

I switched to a G502.

I have a G400. It sits in a box in my closet because I happened across a G502. I've never looked back, and if they ever discontinue this mouse, I'm going out and buying another 10 before they go out of stock, because I don't want to live without it anymore.

G Pro. I hated the shape at first but it took about a week to get used to it. I tried the 403 and I hated it, took it back the same day.

Take switches apart, clean contacts with isopropyl and a bit of sandpaper, bend spring back into shape.

No G500 warranties are still valid

Mine brethren

>I can't left click but 50% of the time.
This is called planned obsolescence. The microswitches fail before their rated lifetime.

They're omron switches. Omron doesn't do planned obsolescence.

Techically true since they generally don't have a new generation of switches every year. They just have a finite lifespan and it seems to be pretty short compared to what it should be.

I'm pretty sure it's just the metals used in the particular part used wasn't chosen correctly. Either simply tarnishing faster than expected, or being less elastic over time than it should have been.

As mentioned, taking the switches apart and cleaning/bending the metal doesn't take too long.
Failing that, buy some new switches off Amazon for a few dollars and solder them on.

You probably never own the G100s.

Any mouses with same shape as the g300s? its the most perfect shape for my hand but i really need the thumb buttons on the side

Another G502 reporting in. First mouse I've ever owned that cost more than ten dollars. I've only had mine three days, but the difference is immense.