Like a week ago i found a lost iphone no one has called it or claimed it at all and im guessing im gonna keep it...

Like a week ago i found a lost iphone no one has called it or claimed it at all and im guessing im gonna keep it, but how do i wipe it without out itunes, or using a laptop Its an iPhone 6s
(btw im an Android guy)

Give it back Tyrone

Im not black lol

Give it back Alejandro

give it back shaneequa

Give it back Carlos

Gibe it back, Boris

Give it to the police and they will find it's home or give it to Apple. Apple can probably unlock it and find the owner.

To you it yourself you'd need a couple thousand dollars worth of extra hardware, and some software, so just take it to one of those sleazy looking phone shops usually ran by asians, russians, or cubans.

>I found it and I am going to keep it
A thief, eh?

>A thief, eh?
Think of op like a modern day treasure hunter, or an urban archaeologist.

A modern day thief. Some Western movies (Italian Job, Ocean's 11-12-13, etc) glamorize stealing, but a thief is a thief.

>A modern day thief. Some Western movies (Italian Job, Ocean's 11-12-13, etc) glamorize stealing, but a thief is a thief.
Op claimed that he found it. Not that he took it from a person, nor did he mention anything about illegal entry to obtain it, so there is a huge difference.

>The term theft is used widely to refer to crimes involving the taking of a person's property without their permission.

Apple’s phones are locked down. If there’s a pin on it, or if ‘find my iPhone’ is on, you can’t wipe it or really do anything with it except sell it for parts..

Give it back, Chayqueerius

Marcellus...

>The term theft is used widely to refer to crimes involving the taking of a person's property without their permission.
Picking up an abandoned piece of property is not theft user.

>the taking of a person's property without their permission
This is simple English, user.

>This is simple English, user.
Previous owner relinquished ownership, and abandoned a discarded item. It's no longer the previous owner's property, so if user picked it up afterwards then it is not a theft, and that renders op not a thief. So please apologize to op for falsely claiming him a "thief". What you are doing is libel, and op does not deserve this label. Just think of all the damage that you have caused him emotionally, and all the potential financial damage you are causing him when people associate this man with a crime.

>Previous owner relinquished ownership
So everything that I am not personally carrying is not my property? If someone takes your car after you get out of it, it is not theft?

Give it back, Jamal

>If someone takes your car after you get out of it, it is not theft?
Objection. This is false equivalence, and it should be stricken from the records.
A vehicle is a lockable transportation device, and there are different regulations pertaining to it in regards to theft, sales, transfer of ownership, disposal, and abandonment.
Please user these are not in anyway identical, or related, and pushing this ridiculous notion could be classified as contempt.

LOL. The phone is locked too, you idiot

>LOL. The phone is locked too, you idiot
The phone was disposed of, and abandoned. OPjandro obtained the device legally, and therefore can not, and I iterate shall not be classified as a "theif". There was no crime!

While there may be software locks in place, unlike a car there isn't a physical mechanism stopping unauthorised entry.

The phone was not disposed of. If it was found in a bin then you can assume the owner had intent to relinquish ownership but since it was not taken from a bin it is up to any reasonable person to assume that OP stole it.

a acquisition of property belonging to an other party without that parties permission is thievery

YOU CANNOT UNLOCK IT. THIS POST VIOLATES THE BOARDS RULES. GIVE THE PHONE BACK.

>While there may be software locks in place, unlike a car there isn't a physical mechanism stopping unauthorised entry.
Most people keep small property on their person, or concealed within their luggage. WHy was this item not on the unknown previos owner's property? It's because it was discarded, abandoned.
Opjandro simply picked up a discarded device that belonged to nobody at that point. Now why did Opjandro do this? Why would Opjandro a faithfully married man with 3 kids, a degree in theology, and NO previous criminal record steal a phone? Well folks, he wouldn't, because OPjandro is not a thief, and accusing this sweet gentle man of theft, or being a thief is just wrong. There is no evidence of him committing a crime, there isn't a victiom, and there was NOT a crime, so OPjandro is not a thief, and anyone who has called him one should apologize.

>a acquisition of property belonging to an other party without that parties permission is thievery
Claiming abandoned property is not a crime. This item was not forcefully taken from the previous owners property, and was obtained as is as discarded on public property.
Claiming that OPjandro is a theif without evidence of OPjandro actually committing a crime against the laws of this jurisdiction can in fact be a crime, and we are seeking compensation for this in a form of apologies addressed to OPjandro, and his family.

Apple is easy to crack:
>Find what kind of iphone you have
>buy a logic board that matches your phone (just google it and confirm that they're not icloud locked)
>look up a tutorial on how to replace the logic board (i.e. iphone 5 logic board tutorial)

Kinda costly but usually costs less than buying a new iphone. Good luck. I'll be here if you got anymore questions.

>Kinda costly but usually costs less than buying a new iphone. Good luck. I'll be here if you got anymore questions.

>THIS POST VIOLATES THE BOARDS RULES
Which rule?

Has Britney found Amy yet? it's been 8 years. I hope Amy is okay.

Some people define abandon as simply letting it out of their reach. That's quite the stretch to justify this by saying that the owner abandoned it by any definition.

>just buy the most expensive part of the hardware
Great solution

>Some people define abandon as simply letting it out of their reach. That's quite the stretch to justify this by saying that the owner abandoned it by any definition.
There's no evidence to back the assumption that the phone was stolen, so at best legally we can say that it was abandoned. Until there was evidence of a crime has surfaced then there is no crime.

It's usually cheaper to sell the phone or even just the screen as parts, and then pair that with more money to buy a used working phone.