Since mechanical keyboards made a comeback, why didn't the mice with the ball come back...

Since mechanical keyboards made a comeback, why didn't the mice with the ball come back? Sup Forums told me everything analog was better.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analog_computer
twitter.com/AnonBabble

ball mice aren't analog, they have optical sensors in the wheels

>He doesn't even use a trackball

Nothing analog on a mouse, fa.m

"Analog" is not a synonym to "old".

>millennials will never know that feel of cleaning off the gunk from the rollers

>I'm a millennial and I cleaned so much fucking gunk out of rollers.

Up until recently I was using a ball mouse that converts to a trackball

This

I don't think you know what a millenial even means

>analog
>less than 500 pounds

Dude, you realize what age category "millennial" is? Or when optical mouse actually took over from rollers?

I use a Chinese topre clone (plum 84)
and a trackball (Expert MouseĀ® Wired Trackball)
my audio setup is dt 880 250 ohm paired with a fx audio dac-x6, typically

You're a millennial too, dipshit. If you're in your mid 30s and you're using this website, then goodlord are you a fucking loser. Get help.

in my experience everything becomes analog at some point
>An analog signal uses some property of the medium to convey the signal's information
this Sup Forums post is analog because I used greentext and you're transference of the linguistic interpolation of the encoded textual runic characters, with English grammar and your memetic capacity has deceived the psyche to parley within the parameters of ontological repartee, reply to this post or your mother falls into an ego comma, only to be awakened by the installation of Gentoo GNU+Linux

>couldn't a millennial be thought of anyone alive for the turn of the millennium who hasn't yet matured beyond the point of making pointless comments on a 2channel clone?

excellent tastes

It's a futaba clone.

>millennials will never learn what millennial means

im 22 and wats dis

I apologize for my loudness and my mistakenness.
I will try not to be so ignorant and shitposting again.

I wish that the trackball at multiple inputs so that the mouse could understand rotation.
as it works out the ball understands up down, left right, but never knows when it is being spun.
if it had 2 sensors instead of one (1) I think this would be awesome.

Kensington SlimBlade does exactly that.

What does spinning do though?

I'm a millennial and used a roller mouse from 1999 to 2005, dude.

Scroll

That sounds very gay, why not have a scroll wheel for scrolling?

Why have a scroll wheel when I can just rotate the ball? If you don't like that, this is my current trackball, you scroll by spinning that wheel surrounding the trackball.

direct neural input > trackpoint > all

tube computers were digital too you baka. literally no computer is analog.

>i've got em all, steely dan, inuit throat singing, steely dan, you name it
sensiblechuckle.gif

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analog_computer

it would allow you to move the cursor in such a manner with minimal effort
well it looks like I'm going to need to upgrade.
it's a shame because I got mine for 15 dollars at a thrift store

forgot image

Because I use spinning the ball to achieve high precision in small movements. Large gestures with two fingers in opposite directions, resulting in the ball mostly spinning and the sensor picking up a tiny movement from the imbalance in the spin, is much easier to control precisely than a small gesture that tries to move the ball exactly where you need it.

The spinning wheel looks neat but ultimately I think I'd prefer having a thumb wheel over needing to take my fingers off the ball to scroll.

Don't analog computers allow solving NP problems in polynomial time or something?

Can't you already do exactly that with one sensor? I'm not sure if a second sensor to detect the spin is really necessary. I'm and when homing in on a small element from afar the path of my cursor usually looks like the tail end of a spiral.

That's nondeterministic Turing machines you're thinking of, and they're vaporware for the time being. Even the mythical quantum computers aren't capable of that bollocks

Upon further research, it appears that arbitrary/infinite precision analog computers are, in fact, strictly more powerful than (deterministic) turing machines. Obviously they're not exactly physically possible.

And upon even further research, I have realised that I haven't found anything about the time complexity of these infinite precision computers. On the other hand, nondeterministic tms can compute the same things as a deterministic one, but they can do it with better time complexity.

You're thinking of gen Z.

Mechanical keyboards provide a different typing experience, so they made a comeback. Trackballs provide a different experience, so they also made a comeback. Ball mouses provide an inferior version of the same experience, so they haven't made a comeback.

Always so pleasuring to see when people have no idea what the difference between analog and digital is.

>he doesn't clean his mouse feet