How common are AMOLED screen burn ins?

How common are AMOLED screen burn ins?

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2018/01/11/mini-led-china/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Depends how much you use your device and the brightness level. It will degrade and color shift even if you avoid burn in.

Extremely common, but possibly reversible.

TN and IPS can be burned in too, it just takes longer.

Never noticed anything on my '12 Galaxy S3, so it *might* by common but not guaranteed.

>How common are AMOLED screen burn ins?
100%, it's a flaw of the technology

I've had a note 5 for a year now and still nothing. i even bought it used

This.

It's not reversible. You can only try to hide it by evening it out. The colors will remain shit.

It may be 100% for you but I own two AMOLED devices and neither show any signs of burn-in. One is over 5 years old and the other almost 4.

Maybe don't use the screen on eye-cancer mode?

>tfw got partial burn in tonight
MicroLED when?

When they convince people that they need longer lasting displays although almost nobody uses their phones for more than 3 years.

LEDs burn in you just don't notice it because a backlight for obvious reasons burns in evenly unless it has local dimming. The lifespan of OLED lighting has already caught up with LED. MicroLED is going to end up as vapour ware.

Burn in on my 5 year old Galaxy S4 is practically unnoticeable.

>Never noticed anything on my '12 Galaxy S3
Stop shilling your outdated hardware.
Your phone screen HAS burn-in but you're either in denial or too accustomed to the bad screen that you can't see it.

who cares? your phone is the gillette disposable razor of phones

My mom's see doesn't have burn in either, my friends s4 also doesn't.

Still using my near 8 year old Samsung Galaxy S (i9000, the fucking original).

The only burn-in is extremely unnoticeable and is around the edges, I can only see it when the background is dark but the backlight is on or some shit. The utmost left side column of pixels is somewhat green, and doesn't really matter.

You wouldn't notice it unless you look very close and inspect it for burn-in and pixel damage specifically. Can't wait to get rid of this PoS, but fuck, has it seen some abuse. Dropped it a ton of times. No wonder the Galaxy S brand took off.

Soon, only because Apple is taking up the AMOLED display supply.

9to5mac.com/2018/01/11/mini-led-china/

My 3 and a half years old tab s 10.5 doesn't have any kind of burn in.

My S4 had very mild burn-in. The screen was shit for other reasons too tho

I've had my Oneplus 3T for about a week now and can already faintly see the status icons burnt in when I pull the notification shade down.

I've had my S5 since launch. Zero burn-in whatsoever despite using ROMs with AOD and hundreds of hours on screen