B-BUT LINUX DOESN'T HAVE PHOTOSHOP

>B-BUT LINUX DOESN'T HAVE PHOTOSHOP
>DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Now what, faggots?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/linux/comments/7ql4kl/the_screenshots_of_photoshop_cc_2018_64bit_on/
pastebin.com/M6Dxbacd
appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=36206&iTestingId=100995
ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-pci-passthrough/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine_(software)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You Wangblowers Macfags sure got told.

Linux is a kernel. It indeed does not have Photoshop.

running via wine does not count

Show me Illustrator, not Photoshop.

>bawwwwwww running photoshop doesn't count because of my arbitrary rules

hey faggot, you just got btfo

show me your wife's tits...

>the only time linux users actually open up and use production software is to shitpost about it on Sup Forums
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
HOW EMBARRASSING

I would need Adobe Lightroom on Linux but why bother when I can run that and my games just fine on Windows 10. I just use WSL-Bash to get the programming tools I need.

>>the only time windows users actually open up and use a browser is to shitpost on Sup Forums
>LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
>HOW EMBARRASSING

can you do the same with Lightroom and camera raw? if so I'm jumping ship

t. photographer

so far everything works, but this shit is huge and i'm a programmer not a designer. i don't have the time to test everything

since op is a fag here's the source with how to do that reddit.com/r/linux/comments/7ql4kl/the_screenshots_of_photoshop_cc_2018_64bit_on/

so it's through Wine and not a native client
OP is fag

This has got to be falseflagging.

well if you think about it if we manage to actually run latest photoshop well without error maybe adobe devs will actually make a linux version of the suite to have our money. it's like impossible and against the very logic of linux but I want to believe they are this jewish

this.. its like having sex with condom. It doesnt count.

>implying GIMP isn't superior anyway

I made a pastebin of the important part of the reddit OP pastebin.com/M6Dxbacd

Glorious openSUSE tumbleweed...

Wine is not an emulator, you won't lose any performance so what's wrong with that?

You try it on linux.

>you won't lose any performance so what's wrong with that
As far as I'm aware you lose GPU acceleration which is a dealbreaker for things like Premiere/AE. Also don't you need VT-d or some shit?

Just shut up, you are making winfags look even more retarded.

Oh okay so I have to
>create a wineprefix
easy enough
>Get photoshop
easy enoug-
>original installer doesn't work and offline installers aren't tested
w-well okay
>Install photoshop on an exsisting Windows installation
Oh so it's fucking useless. That or download some virus ridden portable version from XXXFreeSoftware.org

I would not run Creative Suite without GPU acceleration. Why would I? Why wouldn't using Wine hit performance?

You don't lose GPU acceleration. How do you think games work in Wine?
You also don't need VT-d.

The answers to you questions are both a single google search away.

>You don't lose GPU acceleration
Prove it.

>How do you think games work in Wine?
GPU passthrough.

>The answers to you questions are both a single google search away.
The answers are irrelevant as I use MacOS anyway.

The startup time is slower than when it's run natively on windows. It's shit if you just want to do a quick edit of some images.

>openSUSE
Tell me about this shit. And is it better, that Ubuntu?

Are you talking about the new version?
What about the speed with a SSD?
If you do quick edits, why not keep it running in the background?

>found the installer as corroupted. Tried downloading and uncompressing both under Linux and under Windows, but no way. Even the same setup package i was able to install under Windows was "corrupted" under wine.
>So i found a "portabile" version of Photoshop, copied It in the wine prefix, and voilà! Everything working.
>Please note, I am NOT SUGGESTING ANYONE to look for unlicensed software in any way. I just want to share the possibility of using a recent version of Photoshop under Linux.

>Wine detects the valid installer as broken when it works fine
>lintard literally had to PIRATE to get it working and called it a “portabile” (sic) version.
Lmao

>What was not tested
>I am not an advanced user, so can not test advanced features.
>Camera raw was not tested.
Hahahaha fucking hobbyist pirater who has no use for it has no clue like any other lintard.

Source: appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=36206&iTestingId=100995
>e-everything works
>b-but I haven’t tested anything!

Wine predates GPU passthrough memes.
Wine works with a single GPU.
You are retarded.

>gold and silver ratings
>doesn't work

Okay, on Codeweavers CrossOver then.
They have a support... But it is paid

aww shit. I already have MS Office 2010 working, and now PS 18 works (although I never need to use it).

Is there any reason to use wangblows anymore, Sup Forumsoys?

Games

>There is no performance hit running it in Wine
>Prove it
>LOL UR RETARDED LMAAAOOOOXDDDDD
Yeah okay there buddy I'll stick to official software with official support that I pay for.

Bloatshop for windows is simply bad. It is one of the reasons non-retards buy macs. Because they need photoshop and it sucks in windows / wine.

>both posters admit to barely testing the application
>both posters also note broken or unexpected behaviour
>one poster admits to being a pirater
>the same poster can’t install the app without a repacked pirate version
>I-it works just f-fine for my limited usecase.
Stick to GIMP lincuck

I've never seen such an off topic response to a post

Good job outing yourself as a literal retard. Try reading the post chain again.
I'm not talking about a "performance hit". Obviously there's going to be some non-zero but probably negligible performance hit.
I am talking about your retarded claims that Wine works using GPU passthrough.

calm down pajeet or you wont get paid today

"games" are working.
What specific game does not work?

I have never seen such ignorant fool on Sup Forums. That's quite an achievement you've got there.

Then you were unable to follow the conversation just like the other guy.

When I tried osu I faced huge input lag and audio desync. And I even searched for configurations and used "recommended" version of pol.

Whiter than you, Mohammed

>but probably negligible performance hit.
This is why I'm asking. I use PS professionally and your idea of a "negligible performance hit" could be a massive pain with daily use. Last time I checked GPU acceleration didn't work with CC in Wine.

Why are you getting so booty bothered about this?

Pubg
GTA V
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
Warframe (steam version)
Arma 3
Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
Black Desert Online
Dead by Daylight

These are just the most popular games on steam that don't work with Wine according to WineHQ

Here's the thing, you have no idea what you're talking about and you're just making stupid guesses.
You can see that GPU acceleration is enabled in some of the screenshots posted in this thread and the winedb entry also says it works.

>gpu passthrough
jesus christ man, end yourself

non issue for me. The only think I ever play is rocketleague which works natively on linux

Linux is the colloquial term for the os

>Siege

Monster Hunter World

Actually I see that OpenCL isn't enabled and Drawing mode is normal. Nobody uses PS without these enabled. I can also see that the official/original CC installer doesn't work, so immediately patching/updating will be a pain. I am not a hobbyist, I use PS daily and have used it for 10 years.

I would truly love native Linux support for CC but don't pretend running it in Wine is the same as native support.

GPU Passthrough is required for a VM, where you pass control of a PCI device to a different OS, with Wine it's the same OS and the same kernel controlling the GPU.

I need ms word portable that actually works under loonix. anyone?

You're just a retard, and that's why you were told off. You have proven you know nothing about Wine, since the whole point of "Wine Is Not An Emulator" meme is that it doesn't have even remotely the same performance hits as an emulator.
>proof
I don't think the burden of proof is even on me here, but whatever, I can do it.
>ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-pci-passthrough/
>Published on October 13, 2009
>only now is there widespread attention on I/O virtualization.
>As usual, Linux is on the forefront for support of these new architectures, and recent kernels (2.6.27 and beyond) are beginning to include support for these new virtualization technologies.
This is when VT-d showed up.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wine_(software)
>Bob Amstadt, the initial project leader, and Eric Youngdale started the Wine project in 1993
>Version 1.0 was released on 17 June 2008,[28] after 15 years of development.
And Wine was developed and reached 1.0 long before it even began. What do you think it was learning to run all this time?
CPU hit will be there, but it's really small in practice for games and stuff, and I really doubt this one is gonna change for this application alone.
GPU acceleration should work. It's impossible to tell why it didn't work for you with so little information, but it works for others, and there are no reasons for it to not work.
Wine should support OpenCL, at the very least.

but does linux have progressbars for taskbar icons?

Like this?

still beats me why did canonical pick gnome over KDE...

Yes.

KDE is too buggy from my experience.

Nothing personnel, kid

I was wrong about Wine using GPU passthrough, I have literally never claimed I knew anything about Wine but I know a ton about Photoshop. Please stop sperging out about my Wine comments.

Outside of the sperging all I've got is:
>Is there a performance hit
>No it doesn't use GPU passthrough
>Okay so prove there isn't a performance hit
>Well there is a performance hit

OP said he could not download via CC so just download the offline installer or get e temporary VM, what's the problem?

For reasons.

Not being as stable maybe, but honestly I would have wanted that. GNOME a shit. I'd take a few crashes here and there than GNOME 3.

It's more that you asked for proof that Wine doesn't use GPU passthrough, when even a simple googling should have given you the answer to your question.
There is some performance hit on CPU. It still needs to translate syscalls and shit, and that's unavoidable. Emulators too basically have an intermediary for every time they do anything on a CPU, and you need fancy hardware features to sidestep it, otherwise there are enormous performance losses. Wine's problem is not even remotely of the same severity. since it only needs to translate syscalls. Its like 5% overhead at worst, or something like that. Negligible if you're not a server, but you can't really get rid of that completely.
GPUs shouldn't in theory even have a hit at all, as long as it's OpenGL/OpenCL, and Google tells me Photoshop uses that. D3D9 (that is, what most games use) does have a translation to OpenGL performance hit, not really severe but noticeable, D3D11 has it a lot worse since it's unfinished. But that doesn't matter here, since it's not the use case we're talking about. OpenGL/OpenCL should really be able to be passed through directly to the driver, so unless Windows does something weird with how it handles those, there shouldn't even be a performance hit on drawing here.
This is in comparison to emulators where performance hits on GPU are even worse than on CPU, and you need GPU passthrough to sidestep the issue.
This is how it works.

OP on reddit updated the post saying "some people from Wine forum says it works - I think you need another version of Wine, probably staging". Also "the latest winetricks, wine-gecko, wine-mono is highly recommended" and he finally updated the 3) in the list with:
>Run WINEPREFIX=/full/path/to/prefix winecfg => select Windows 8 or 8.1 in setting
WINEPREFIX=/full/path/to/prefix wine64 /full/path/to/Photoshop.exe
WINEPREFIX=/full/path/to/prefix wine64 start /unix /full/path/to/Photoshop.exe
WINEPREFIX=/full/path/to/prefix wine64 start "C:\\full\path\to\Photoshop.exe"

OP was referring to the creative cloud installer, forgot to mention it

Just fucking pirate windows then run in a VM.

There's no reason not to for office programs. Windows is free, the soft you run is free, Virtualbox is easy for noobs, problem solved.

You aren't a Wine dev so you don't need Wine. You running Wine doesn't help the project therefore you don't need to run it. See how easy that is?

Treat OS like an application. Run some or many. So easy. So free.

laughing_whores.png

Holy fuck I asked for proof that GPU acceleration works. I did not ask for proof that Wine didn't use a GPU passthrough.

Shit comes in various shades of brown but whatever.

>Emulating programs rather than running them in an enviroment they were suited for

Kek

Too much info for little brown man

I misread that, then.
I interpreted "lose GPU acceleration" as in "GPUs don't work in any program on Wine", since you started talking about GPU passthrough immediately afterwards, and actual emulators have that problem. I didn't consider that you were asking for a screenshot of Photoshop working, or something. What would you even consider as proof?
In any case, there shouldn't be any performance hits, at least in theory. Not sure about practice, since I don't use Photoshop.

Have forget your autism pills?

>Not sure about practice, since I don't use Photoshop.
Then why are you in this thread arguing with someone who does use it? I care about things like GPU acceleration because I've used PS enough to know that it matters.

Give me Adobe suite and Autodesk then I'm sold.

Because I was arguing about Wine and its workings, not Photoshop. I do use Wine a lot, and I understand it to a degree, so I can argue about it and what it should be capable of doing.
Whatever. I have said what I had to say on the subject.

ah I did it

But does it actually work? Have you tried drawing something with it? Last time I checked you couldn't draw a simple line with it because the mouse was stuttering. I think I've read somewhere that this is a 5+ year old bug with wine

>Linux is the colloquial term for the os
Must be an NT or MACH user. By the way, do you happen to run Linux on your phone, Rajeet?

GIMP is better. Don't use this proprietary garbage only soybois use.

Linux™: It's kind of glitchy but it works

actually I think I'm having graphic glithces because I'm using X11, you should not have glitches with wayland

haha no one cares about linux

bunch of entitled autists and manchildren demanding to get paid for simple solutions to problems

Well no shit, until Adobe decides to support Linux or release PS source code it will only run in Wine.

Wine Is Not an Emulator

>until Adobe decides to support Linux

NEVER, linux only exist for servers and nothing else.

Let me interject for a moment...

You can keep telling yourself that, doesn't make it true.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

name one single fucking thing that linux is good for outside servers

i'll be waiting, fucktard

>Emulating windows
>Doesn't count
Yea, it doesn't

wine

>Literally stands for WINdows Emulator
>b-b-but muh autists have changed the name, thus no longer emulator
Fuck off retard, it's an emulator