The question shouldn't be why are you using Linux, but why AREN'T you using Linux?

The question shouldn't be why are you using Linux, but why AREN'T you using Linux?

What is keeping you from using Linux on your personal computer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OLpeX4RRo28
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_UNIX_Specification
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no middle click scroll

She's probably the cutest Sup Forums transgirl I know.

it doesn't run all of the software i'm using. end of story.

i don't give a shit about what os i'm using as long as it does everything i need it to. i use linux mint on my laptop and win 8.1 on my desktop

>mint

The question is why the fuck do you keep making this stupid threads, and why do you care what others use.

>why do you care what others use.

Does the man who finally climbed out of Plato's cave not want to tell his fellow men about what he has seen?

But i do. Gentoo is my main driver on my desktop and laptops.
I have ran out of things to install gentoo on

*GNU/Linux

why is this question constantly asked on this website?

my mom uses the same computer, and no, multiloaders won't work since they scare the fuck out or her.
i even set grub to auto load windows but she bitched it so hard because "i broke windows", i had to remove it

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

i think this website is 18+

In xorg middle click pastes the last selection. It's not a linux thing.

THERE'S NO THUMBNAIL. IS KEK THE ONLY ONE WHO NOTICES ME?

Of course I'm using the linux kernel. It wouldn't be GNU+Linux without it.

This.

this

Get a job and buy your own computer then.

Because freetards are fucking debiloides.

I wouldn't call switching to Linux leaving Plato's cave. More like sitting on the other side of the bonfire - seeing similar shadows yet different

I have middle click scroll in browser out of the box on antregos xfce.

>wasting time relearning how to work fast and efficiently on a different OS
I suppose if I didn't value my time I could make the switch. But why?

This.

If you can't get by with 16px icons, you're shitposting skills are too weak.

Works in Firefox and that's all I need it for

You just have to enable it in the firefox preferences

youtube.com/watch?v=OLpeX4RRo28

Because I'm using Plan9

if you need shitposting skills you would just drag & drop from your file manager

This. It's called gnu/linux

Shes all girl, lots of plastic tho

I prefer OS X and OpenBSD

>implying trans on Sup Forums means transgender and not the superior transhuman

common, we're on Sup Forums. Everyone is using linux by now. The question should be why youre still using systemd

this. true unix systems are the best

OpenBSD isn't Unix.
It's called macOS.

>OpenBSD isn't Unix.
Yes it is.
>It's called macOS
I don't give a rat's ass what Apple changed the name to. Besides, I'm using El Capitan. OS X is correct.

>why AREN'T you using Linux

Because I don't live in a shithole country

kek

we need to drive the plebbit Sup Forums and Sup Forums trash out of our board by shaming them for being part of the botnet and using inferior software or to integrate them by making them adopt our ways

Unix is a system from the 70s. It's called Unix. OpenBSD is called OpenBSD.

However, it also isn't UNIX verified. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_UNIX_Specification

OpenBSD is descended from Berkeley Unix, later known as BSD.
>UNIX cert
UNIX and Unix are two separate things. There are even UNIX certified Linux operating systems.

Because I am using one

How to stop KDE from crashing?

Linux is a kernel.

Linux is also a colloquialism for operating systems that use the aforementioned kernel.

>technology website
>people don''t even know the names of common operating systems

Linux is an operating system created by Linus Torvalds. After which, Richard Stallman, a loud-mouthed schnook, claimed it as his own.

Windows does not have this problem.

why the fuck would i want to? windows 10 is better in every way.

no directx 11 support

*Windows/NT

GNU is an operating system created by the GNU Project in the 80s. After which, Linux Torvalds, a loud-mouthed schnook, claimed it as his own in the 90s.

Ableton, FL

> 2018
> Still having Linux as main os
Pls gtfo

Because I like muh vidya.

This has to be bait right? At least use a better version of windows before shitting on linux

That's why I use Linux. Been on UNIX since before Windows existed.

How's that left mouse button working for ya?

Yeah, I can actually change two pieces of hardware in an upgrade and not have to buy a new license at retail price.

>weeb chick dreaming bout fug
as if
errone kno bitches be the gatekeepers of pussy
they want dick, they can get bent in half an hour

Browser setting dependent. Go to Firefox settings and enable it.

Works fine. Is this supposed to be some sort of insult?

Because I can afford good software.

Basketball Americans can't be trusted with developing AI.

sexycyborg is a completely shameless attention ho (and she admits and loves it), but does include non-insulting-to-audience amount of relevant info in her posts
the type o gal one can respect (if she is to be believed), cuz at least she ain't pretendin' on that front.
No idea about the recent sjwism and whether the T&A is just her bf whoring her out to get dat competitive advantage tho.
if only titty streamers put the same effort this lass (or her bf) does
I want some content with my T&A dangit!

No games, no image preview, no Microsoft Edge.

edge is pretty good now but youtube is absolute nightmare on it

>gaymen
>Photoshop
>FL Studio + proper VST support
I really do want to switch and am already running void on my laptop but right FL and PS suck dick in wine and running in a vm i would lose GPU acceleration in PS, get audio crackles in FL and lose midi controller support.

a lot of things I do regularly with ease on windows are either extremely time consuming / annoying / unpleasant to do on Linux or simply impossible without running windows programs in a VM or wine or other shit that is just too much of a hassle when everything #justwerks on windows, and anything I would ever want to use Linux for, I can either run a VM on windows to do, or run Linux on any old shitbox and ssh into it from windows.

my modified W7 works fine. once it gets really obsolete, i'll move fully
and yes, i use Debian at work

No incentive to use it over win10 with botnet disabled

I didn't need to be reminded of this cunt.

Because it's garbage and their developers sign NDA's with big corps instead of promoting open source software, literally like Microsoft.

>What is keeping you from using Linux on your personal computer?
Microsoft word

Because GNU/Linux are shitty desktop environments.

Unity runs like shit on linux sadly.

my main computer is a laptop and I wouldn't get enough out of the battery. otherwise I would

>Use windows
>Plug in anything
>Go to website install drivers

>Use linux
>Plug something in
>Spend the next 4 hours or so trying to get it to work

right click context menu ftw.

This.
And I use linux on all my systems.
The only reason I don't switch back to windows is because its so, so much easier for development work. But doing fucking anything else? Oh boy I can't wait to spend 3 hours troubleshooting my fucking headphones

Zbrush, I'll need to learn alot more about Linux and VM's in order to get it working. I'll get there one day. Once I get that figured out, I'll just have to summon the courage to make the leap and hope I can get it done during a quiet period.
Everything else I use for work has native Linux support, so yay for that!

Linux is a kernel and GNU's not unix.

samefag

I use linux but you have to be kidding yourself if you think normal people are going to spend time reading the arch wiki and and googling for hours so they can get alsa to work properly
Windows literally just werks

Try again, faggot

Linux isn't UNIX.

not even

Too add
though Install fedora or something
>Font looks all blurry and off
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

werks on my machine
wish there was a way to make the thumbnails larger instead of in a list though

"muh drivers" is basically a myth at this point, m8
You know that

Pajeet

As if that was possible

stop using gnome, although not much of a choice if you're using firefox

1997 JLD is queen of my boners.

Because wine sucks

I'm using XFCE desu

And pretty sure the other guy is using KDE
nice try, friend

Nothing. Ubuntu and Debian since 2008.

It's still based on the GTK toolkit.

I use KDE myself but I still have to use the gtk filepicker because firefox can't use kdialog.