Currently 9,998 Steam OS/Linux games ported

>Currently 9,998 Steam OS/Linux games ported
>Game installations are a quick breeze
>Download and install your games
>Launch your games
>Games run straight off the bat, without any additional installations/setups
>Unlike Windows, which is the contrary and old DirectX folders are chewing up several countless GB from old DirectX installations every time you install any of your games/Steam games
>Sup Forums still bitches about lack of gaimes for distributions

So, what do you have left to bitch about now, gaymurs of Sup Forums?
What're your bullshit excuses this time?

What's holding you back from ditching Windows and setting yourself free and away from WinShit for good? Break the Windows chains that still constrain and bind you down, and set yourself free from Windows for good and switch over to a distribution

Other urls found in this thread:

quakejs.com
ansys.com/products/electronics/ansys-maxwell
insights.stackoverflow.com/survey/2017
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

NOBODY CARES ABOUT THAT, RETARD!
Games have never been the reason for Linux's failure at the desktop.
The real reason is on Linux it's impossible to get work done. It lacks even the most basic productivity software.
There's a reason you never walk into an office and see a single workstation running Linux.
Cry more, faggot!

Not much is available for VR. cant even find a VR supported video player for GNU/Linux that (preferably) works with SteamVR

Can I play GTA V, Battlefield 1, battlefield 4, and desync?
If no then fuck off

What work can't you get done on a linux desktop?

Also, even assuming you could run basic stuff like MS Office and QuickBooks on Linux, how would you manage all that shit in an office environment without Exchange, Sharepoint, Active Directory, etc.?

Get this through that thick skull of yours: Linux will NEVER amount to anything in the personal computing market. It's only good for automated jobs that literally never expect any user interaction like webservice and supercomputers (AKA glorified calculators).

Get fucked!

Any.

What work can you get done?
It doesn't run Microsoft Office, and LibreOffice can barely even open Microsoft Office files!

Libre office and wps office work just as well as MS office.

Keep dreaming.

What specifically? What software do you use in your work?

Honestly, I really don't care if the Linux desktop doesn't take off. I use it, i can do things efficiently, and it's fine, popularity be damned

Windows for users who loving anal sex

>9,998 Steam OS/Linux games ported
yes, but can it run gta 5, cawadoody and battlefield natively? does it support gsync and ulmb?

no one gives a shit about your 10 year old valve games and indie shit

Excel, Outlook, AnyConnect, CaseWare, SAP, Lync, Quicken, a bunch of shit.

Yea, exactly. In using Linux, its just more time consuming to use and thus less productive if I want to get lots of major work done. I guess it depends a bit on your distro, but OP is wrong when he says its easy to install and work. I use Linux distros, just not as a main OS. I would rather use Mac OS than Linux desu.

One example, is I have to use Matlab for my school, and in intalling it in say, ubuntu, I could not even finish, and there was no way It would work unless I used the terminal. While on Windows it took a few minutes and I was done.

I don't have to, I use WPS office on Solus everyday for work and it works perfectly for its intended use.

I've never been in an office with more windows machines than linux machines. Im a developer tho...

okay fair enough, I am not a pajeet myself so I can't relate to your problems

Call me when you can convince an entire enterprise to make the switch, you brainlet.

>lose argument
>appeal to reductio ad pajeetum
I'll take that as your concession then.

lmao, these games are total shite. until Linux can port some ACTUAL games, i'm not switching.

You can play Quake3 in browser
quakejs.com

Images of one page of crap, literally no one knows or cares, games on Linux.

What number should I call you on, you fucking idiot.

I conceded though, not sure why you are throwing around falacies.

Although I disagree with your original point that pajeet tier jobs are the reason linux is not successful on desktop. Sounds like you are just unhappy with your job to be honest.

1-800-GET-A-LIFE

You're a gay faggot

Xwayland sucks and isn't supported by nvidia

>The real reason is on Linux it's impossible to get work done.
It is impossible to get work done, when Windows is updating on a slow machine.
On Linux - you can done any job anytime you want.

Yeah, but there are plenty of games I play/want to play that Linux can't run natively.

Video montage

Most of the ports run worse than on Windows.

If you think LibreOffice doesn't meet your demands of a good office product it's fine but if the compatibility with MS office is the problem to you just be aware that's M$ fault for for trying their hardest to be as non compliant to document standards as possible.

t. certified office monkey

I could use linux and convince myself that every unavailable game was shit anyways, or have all of them on windows, with the added bonus of being able to pirate everything without any effort.

You can use Outlook in the browser though, I haven't used it as a desktop program in years. Isn't there also online Microsoft office?

Depends. My win installation is incredibly slow and bloated with literally nothing on it, and my main os solus runs perfectly. Productivity and all that shit is the same since it just werkz and all the shit I play works great. Dota, warband and shit like that all the new games are cancer anyways. I'm getting better fps on solus

I can think of a number of things that can't be done well on Linux
>audio production
>video editing
>image editing
>developing for windows natively
>developing for iOS natively
>interacting with a windows network, remote desktop
>all sorts of niche dedicated or custom made software, think SAP
>CAD
>3D modelling
>developing in proprietary game engines

Or.. OR just keep like a 50 gig partition for shit that won't run on Linux and needs to be pirated

Now, I actually do use Linux, but there are plenty of legitimate reasons for gamers not to use Linux. Namely, every game that Linux supports that Windows does is a reason to use Windows. Honestly, I'm a little pissed right now that the makers of VRchat don't have any plans to port their product to other platforms.

>Game is made in Unity
>Primary benefit of Unity is that it runs on literally everything
>Porting would only require ticking a few buttons and compiling for another platform, assuming you didn't write platform-specific code
>But we only care about Windows right now

To be fair, SAP software is complete bullshit and I want to shoot myself every time I have to interact with it.
t. someone who uses Crystal at work

Why would I do that? Why would I make things more inconvenient to myself when everything already works fine? I can still larp in other threads about my arch desktop without the need to actually have it.

I use libre office. But there is a serious bug when you copy some text from a from PowerPoint to PDF converted document and then you try to copy some other text from the PDF directly beneath it.

Libre office just puts the word "br0ken" into your document and crashes.

ansys.com/products/electronics/ansys-maxwell

I really want to jump to Solus completely, I use it on my laptop but MY shit won't run on it, I mostly play battlefield 4 on my desktop with the odd few steam games.

Solus is great on my laptop though, shame about devs preferring windows. PPSSPP and dolphin both run great.

>Impossible to get work done
What kind of work actually? I get my work done on Linux.

Cunt

>Supporting GoySync
>not superior FreeSync

enjoy your indie shovelware and valve games that everybody played 10 years ago

>nodriverssync
>superior

Can't play proper games without passthrough memes and passthrough memes are annoying as fuck and bootleg garbage

There are vastly more, and vastly cheaper, monitors that use FreeSync than GSync. NVidia will eventually drop GSync and all that will remain is FreeSync.

>cheaper
that's the only pro about freesync.
you get what you pay for.

Good value.

We have dwarf fortress and rimworld
Literally don't need any other games

10000 nethack clones

Really, even lincucks dont run linux for it. They just use GPU memethrough.

All the basic productivity software are available. They might not be the same as you have used before, but we're talking about a completely different operating system here. Only a brainlet would assume everything stays exactly the same.

I think I've provided reasonable enough arguements now to be included in the b8 screenshot.

Runs pretty bad

I don't pass through to play roguelikes, they work fine on Linux natively
Threadly reminder that 'v1 unsupported' will accept any input at all as valid

Tell that to 65% servers, 100% android devices, 99% raspberry devices, countless critical systems and supercomputers, and 2% desktop computers running Linux. It does get the job done for it's users.

Nice parroting. But LibreOffice has significantly improved MSO compatibility in the last year. Not that office software matters. They do the job equally well so compatibility doesn't matter except for docx documents and simple spreadsheets. You wouldn't share anything else with other companies or individuals not working in your company so cross compatibility is irrelevant. Especially since most shared office files are on Google Docs which are multiplatform.
So, you haven't provided an argument at all.

Shotcut and DaVinciResolve.

>audio
Audio production is better on Linux. Non-issue since it depends on user preference.
>video
Shotcut and DaVinciResolve. Non-issue since it depends on user preference.
>image editing
GIMP is fine, Photoshop is wine compatible. Non-issue since it depends on user preference.
>developing for windows natively
Is possible, the fact that you don't know how means you have no idea what you're talking about.
>remote desktop
It supports remote desktops.
>windows network
Compatible
>niche, custom made software
Same argument can be said against Windows and MacOS
>CAD
Most CAD software is wine compatible. Non-issue since it depends on user preference.
>3D modeling
Blender is a standard in 3D modeling. Again.. Non-issue since it depends on user preference.
>game development
Unreal Engine 4 is supported.

All in all, the audio producers, video/image artists, CAD users and game developers added all together are in a minority. So is wrong. The true reason Linux isn't on many personal computers is because it's not pre-installed, and people get used to windows and dislike change. Half PC users don't know how to install an OS and most of them don't know what OS they are running or that alternatives exist

Can I run League of Legends on PureOS?

Looks like it works through wine with a little tweaking, so yes.
>inb4 lol that doesn't count

>I can think of a number of things that can't be done well on Linux
>3d modelling
Stop talking about things you don't know shit. There's a great tool for 3d modelling on Linux. It's not the software's fault if you're too retarded to use it.

What's wine? What would I have to tweak??

Google it, I searched "league of legends on Linux". Better yet, don't, we don't need yet another "why isn't it Windows?!?!" child

>GTA5
Works fine via WINE.
>COD, Battlefield
Hook shit.

>Works fine via WINE.
yeah at lowest settings and sub 30 fps on a machine that would normally shred the game (120+fps, ultra) lmao

But user, 3DS Max isn't on Linux.

freetard eyes can't see more than 25fps

It ran fine when they released the new launcher. Had it installed on PlayOnLinux using the latest wine available. Though updating it was annoying.

Driver issues.

>but wine compatibility
>but inferior alternatives
you don't get it nigger, a professional isn't going to chose the worse tool because a bunch of neckbeards greentext at him with smug anime girls if he doesn't
you are right about the normalfags though, they would do fine with linux, except for gayming

>muh gayms look at mah FPS counter moooom!
>muh liberal arts software
Why does Sup Forums gets so emotional about their OS choice?

>a professional
DaVinci Resolve, Blender, GIMP and UE4 are tools used by professionals. Checkmate.

>65% servers
Correction: 65% of WEB servers.
Most corporate servers still run Windows.

>2014

What if I'm a professional developer?
Professional system admin?
Pentester?
Scientist?

There's absolutely nothing to suggest those figures have drastically changed in 4 years. Stay frustrated.

And of course they wouldn't. We're talking about corporate deployments, for one. Plus Windows Server _2003_ still has a presence ffs.

>SAP
Definition -What is SAP UNIX?
SAP UNIX is the backbone of the entire portfolio of SAP applications and enterprise solutions. Each and every application of SAP is made on the UNIX platform only. From the very beginning of the SAP industry, most customers have been making use of their applications on this very platform and are still continuing to do so. Since it is a reliable platform for most SAP applications, UNIX is being widely used by diverse industry verticals for getting access to more user-friendly and accurate solutions. In the current scenario, commands linked with UNIX are being frequently used in SAP applications for enhancing their performance levels.

>hurr he must be frustrated because an OS is used more than other one in some servers
Grow up.

Good stuff, the Inbred Linus quote really inspires me to stay on Windows

First post best post

But it isn't. It is a shit post that concedes OP's point when it is actually trivial to refute.

>using Word or Powerpoint
>in

boomer detected

>Exchange
You can use a regular mail client for your exchange server with imap. You will lose activesync
>sharepoint
Literally run in your browser
>Active Directory
SAMBA4 has AD integration natively

>linux at home
>linux at work
>linux at school
I can't imagine going back to windows. I only play CSGO, minecraft, and dwarf fortress, all of which work perfectly on linux natively.

I had to fix my mom's windows 10 laptop a week ago, and the experience was extremely painful. How can you Sup Forums boys use it on a daily basis?

Stay virgin.

Most software development is still done on Windows, retard.
And some of the most important pentesting tools only run on Windows - like Nessus and Acunetix, for example.

You have probably never been to many offices...

Of course, this is another clueless, unemployed lintard.

>if you just ignore all the professional groupware capabilities, Linux can do everything Windows does, user!
The absolute state of freetards.

>most software development is done on Windows
AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*breathes in* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THIS IS WHAT PAID MICROSOFT SHILLS ACTUALLY BELIEVE!!!

I didn't wanna BTFO you, but you asked to be BTFO'd...
Sauce for pic: insights.stackoverflow.com/survey/2017

>linux desktop 26%
not him, but that's actually much higher than i expected

>Blender
>GIMP
No one who's to be taken seriously uses these. Professional 3D artists use ZBrush, Maya, 3DS Max, or Cinema 4D plus auxiliary tools like Substance Painter and Photoshop. Professional photographers use Photoshop and Lightroom, graphic artists use Photoshop and Illustrator.
>DaVinci Resolve
Who knows, do professional video editors use Linux? Wouldn't bet on it though

then you're hopefully using Linux already and don't feel the need to defend that choice on a taiwanese basket weaving bulletin board

>self-select survey
>accurate

Choose one

>in denial
>(You)
Pick two.

I used to work in the IT department of a CSU. Amongst programmers there, Linux far outnumbered Windows users. That being said, everyone there was lazy as fuck and shit at their jobs.

Not an argument nigger

>he doesn't run his air conditioning with the windows open to help combat global warming